PDA

View Full Version : R8 v8 tt??

tvrfan
February 17th, 2009, 21:58
is a R8 with a V8 TT possible or generell turboed R8? because mid engine and cooling issues and overheating. i remember the test mule R8 with V10 TT in flames. so is it impossible or are there chances to get a turbo in this car? so if this could be a nice option for a R8 successor. because emission and downsizing.

GNXJerry
February 18th, 2009, 00:47
The R8 can be modified by aftermarket tuner Hennessey Performance.

They offer a TT which increases power to 700 HP

Check out HennesseyPerformance.com for details.

RXBG
February 18th, 2009, 02:52
i think a TT R8 might be feasible but i think audi will be choosing a different way to bring more power to the car. i am not sure the roof vents will be enough to cool the engine on the R8 design. if an R8 does show up with TT's (diesel or otherwise) we'll see it on the ring with the roof vents. at this point i doubt it would be anything but a diesel or a V10 TT because a V8 TT would be more powerful than the new V10.

if there were a TT V10 it would be insane- essentially the le mans quattro concept in the flesh with over 600 hp and enzo-like times. i don't think porsche would allow it.

audi could surprise us, but my guess is we won't see TT's in the "R8" until the next R8, IF one is made. the last TT mid engine cars i saw were the carrera GT and the veyron, both of which eschew hatches for open engine compartments to create enough cooling. if an R8 is made that slots above the V10 it would likely be a clubsport version with the same engine but race interior and lightened chasssis to make it faster.

i don't think i'd risk my car on an aftermarket TT system.....

KresoF1
February 18th, 2009, 07:29
Just to correct you little bit Porsche Carrera GT is NA V10, not TT.

Regarding next gen of R8-chances for it are very slim.

tvrfan
February 18th, 2009, 11:04

Why, because porsche? thats wrong mate. porsche cant take influence into audis product model line. even with 80 percent ownage of VW. i read that in german AMS.

KresoF1
February 18th, 2009, 12:48
Why, because porsche? thats wrong mate. porsche cant take influence into audis product model line. even with 80 percent ownage of VW. i read that in german AMS.

Nein, produktion kosten fur R8 sind zu hoch. Einfach...

Audi is not making any money with R8. Current production is as low as possible(2 cars per day). Did you saw how many R8 is available currently in Germany for immediate delivery? 103 according to audi.de...

RXBG
February 18th, 2009, 13:27

thanks. don;t know how i mixed that up :doh:

chewym
February 21st, 2009, 09:42
Nein, produktion kosten fur R8 sind zu hoch. Einfach...

Audi is not making any money with R8. Current production is as low as possible(2 cars per day). Did you saw how many R8 is available currently in Germany for immediate delivery? 103 according to audi.de...

The R8 is selling quite well in the US. Audi has been selling about 100 units a month the last sever month. The R8 sales are better than they were last year (107 versus 61) and this is in a market where some companies/models are only selling about half of what they did last year. The US market is very weird for Audi as the TT only had 157 sales and the A3 only 227.

It would look like all cars should be canceled based on current sales, but that obviously won't happen. The R8 is not in the worst position, there are cars/brands that are doing worse.