PDA

View Full Version : Porsche influence

tvrfan
February 17th, 2009, 15:48
i remember to read last time that porsche cant take influence in audis model range. even if they stock 80 percent up to VW. so audi could easily build a R8 successor if they would? or make their cars with the power they want? i remember to read this in german AMS website. that porsche cant take influence in audis car develpment. does anyone know the same???

The RS6
February 17th, 2009, 16:05
Oh no not again :doh:

MPT
February 17th, 2009, 16:39

What?

__________________________________________________ ____________

TT: I guess even if Audi technically could overrule Porsches oppinion, they wouldn't.

tvrfan
February 17th, 2009, 16:44
anyone here who can give his opinion and not stupid answers :(

The Pretender
February 17th, 2009, 16:52
i remember to read last time that porsche cant take influence in audis model range..... does anyone know the same???
I have always said that.

Jarod.

Phage
February 17th, 2009, 18:39

Same thought here.

Endless speculation. If Porsche wants to change something with Audi it will change.
But why do you only speak of negative changes?

The RS6
February 18th, 2009, 12:04
Same thought here.

Endless speculation. If Porsche wants to change something with Audi it will change.
But why do you only speak of negative changes?

Yep, and all the similar topics started by mr. tvrfan himself...

Porsche Kills Audi (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15396)

Porsche Vs. Audi (http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15145)

Audi Future?
(http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=14905)

MR USER
February 18th, 2009, 14:33
IMHO they will swap cars. Or stop producing cars at once and make just tractors...

mmm flat v6 with quattro technology to mow my garden... I like that!

RXBG
February 18th, 2009, 14:57
clearly theory and reality are not the same. when you invite a nice girl out to dinner you're supposed to have dinner. but in reality you want to take her back to your place to nail her hard as soon as dinner is over.

tvrfan
February 18th, 2009, 17:27
clearly theory and reality are not the same. when you invite a nice girl out to dinner you're supposed to have dinner. but in reality you want to take her back to your place to nail her hard as soon as dinner is over.

yes and the reality is that porsche cant take their fingers into audis model range. because there is a VW law. and that doesnt allow that.

Phage
February 18th, 2009, 19:48
yes and the reality is that porsche cant take their fingers into audis model range. because there is a VW law. and that doesnt allow that.

Porsche buys VW. Porsche changes 'law'?

:hihi:

To bad most men and women live in different realities.

tvrfan
February 18th, 2009, 21:05
Porsche buys VW. Porsche changes 'law'?

:hihi:

To bad most men and women live in different realities.

you dont understand. you have to read more about that. when porsche totally own VW then they also CANT change the law. also porsche even cant totally own VW because they need more than 80 percent. and thats not possible because there are 20% Blocking minority which are owned by "niedersachsen" (german country).

Phage
February 19th, 2009, 10:14
you dont understand. you have to read more about that. when porsche totally own VW then they also CANT change the law. also porsche even cant totally own VW because they need more than 80 percent. and thats not possible because there are 20% Blocking minority which are owned by "niedersachsen" (german country).

If i read it correctly Porsche isn't even interested in buying the Audi shares from VW.
News from september last year. So why this thread?

tvrfan
February 19th, 2009, 10:38
i dont know ^^

chewym
February 21st, 2009, 22:49
All of the latest hype about Porsche being super smart could come back to hurt them really bad in the end.

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/2b63d54e-fbc7-11dd-bcad-000077b07658.html?nclick_check=1

tailpipe
February 26th, 2009, 17:21
Things are seldom what they appear to be.

I do not believe for a moment that Porsche is taking-over Volkswagen. I think it is the other way round. Despite any and all reports we may have read to the contrary, a company as large, influential and powerful as Volkswagen would never allow itself to be acquired unless it wanted to be.

The fit between Porsche at the premium end, Volkswagen at the mass market end with Audi in the middle is excellent. All three companies can and will benefit from each other. So the merger is a good thing then, not a disaster.

Above all, the architect behind all this is none other than Dr. Ferdinand Piech. Not only is he the Chairman of the VW Group, but also a major family shareholder in Porsche and the father of Audi. He has a clear vision of where Porsche should be headed and will not let Wiedekin, boss of Porsche stand in his way. Nor will he let Audi fall by the wayside. In fact, no other living person better understands how these three brands should slot together.

Everything that Dr Piech has achieved during his incredible career is underpinned by a powerful logic, attention to detail and ruthless efficiency. The most significant car in Porsche's history since the original 911 is the new Panamera. This would not have happened without Volkswagen's full cooperation at every stage of design and development. It is a Volkswagen more than a Porsche. You'll see the same chassis used as the basis for the next Phaeton, Bentley Continental GT, Audi A8 and the Lamborghini Estoque. It is very clever platform engineering.

The concept behind the Panamera will also be used for other Porsche models. The one i most interested to see is a proper mid-engine platform for the 911. Whatever future models appear, it means that Porsches will be more modern and better engineered cars that are cheaper to produce.

I don't expect to see Porsche produce standard saloon cars or estate models, this is Audi's job. So i think the the A4, A5, A6, A7 and A8 all have a secure future. I still don't quite get the role of the A3 now that the Golf is so good, but if it helps boost overall sales why worry.

In summary, I am not scared of what Porsche will do to Audi. Rather i am axcited about what Audi will do for Porsche.