PDA

View Full Version : Immobiliser wont turn off!!

khello
February 14th, 2009, 05:05
hi guys,
this morning i went out to start the beast n go for a cruise. So i unlocked it with the key remote and got in, put the key in the ignition n started her up.
It ran for a sec n then died on me. I looked at the display and the immobiliser light was flashing. So i tried with the spare key and still the same result. :w:

Have any of you had this problem? any help on this will be greatly appreciated.

DHall1
February 14th, 2009, 05:22
Yeeks, this is not common. Maybe Grizz will see this and chime in.

hi guys,
this morning i went out to start the beast n go for a cruise. So i unlocked it with the key remote and got in, put the key in the ignition n started her up.
It ran for a sec n then died on me. I looked at the display and the immobiliser light was flashing. So i tried with the spare key and still the same result. :w:

SAF
February 14th, 2009, 07:23
Wow, that's a new one.

jtessman
February 14th, 2009, 18:11
My old S8 did that once - they had to take it to the shop via flatbed and replace the instrument cluster.

LIRS6
February 14th, 2009, 19:22
hi guys,

Jtessman's comment reminds me that I had this issue when I installed my RNS-E unit, which required removing the instrument cluster. I failed to fully snap in one of the wires connectors into the back of the cluster. Same result. Were you doing any work on the car in that area?

khello
February 15th, 2009, 01:25
Hi LIRS6, No, no work was being done on the car. I am baffled at what would cause this. I called up the audi dealership and they're getting a tow truck first thing monday morning to take it back to the dealership, hopefully its a easy fix.:mech:
It seems that my beast spends more time in the shop then on the road :noshake:

Jtessman's comment reminds me that I had this issue when I installed my RNS-E unit, which required removing the instrument cluster. I failed to fully snap in one of the wires connectors into the back of the cluster. Same result. Were you doing any work on the car in that area?

khello
February 17th, 2009, 05:14
jus got the car towed away this morning and went along with the tow driver to the dealership to get a courtesy car. while waiting for my car i saw the tech coming my way. suprisingly enough he had it all fixed! :rs6kiss:within 10mins. to say the least i was very happy with the result.:addict:

Thanks guys for all the help.