PDA

View Full Version : RS6 air filter PN#'s and price

DHall1
February 13th, 2009, 01:03
Hi all,

Just to confirm something can actually be this cheap on our cars.

RS6 air filter PN#077133843, $15.11 ea.

Say it aint so

Is this the correct number?

snoopra
February 13th, 2009, 02:36
Wow! Yeah, that's the correct PN, the lowest I got it for is $23.18. Where did you get that quote?

hahnmgh63
February 13th, 2009, 05:37
But don't forget, you need two of the filters, not just one. That is a good price.

DHall1
February 13th, 2009, 06:17
Yeah,

I thought so. I will order 6 of these tomorrow.

Yeeks

Hi all,

Just to confirm something can actually be this cheap on our cars.

RS6 air filter PN#077133843, $15.11 ea.

Say it aint so

Is this the correct number?

GEN XER
March 11th, 2009, 18:17
Damn where did you find these?

vangelis
March 11th, 2009, 19:13
I'm using K&N air filters, but I was thinking to go back to OEM one. Its a headache to take them out and clean them then oil it again, although it stay more at the car (almost 20,000KM). What do you think guys? shall I go back to the original air filter , or K&N is better?

I still like to know what did you find that price Dhall1.

JacRS6
March 11th, 2009, 20:50
Found this on the web today: price of the filter is $13.26

http://rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1411401,parttype,6192,a,Search%20for%20S PICER,EPIsubcategory%5B79%5D,Air%2BFilter,partGrou p,22

Cheers
Jac

DHall1
March 11th, 2009, 20:57
Genuinevwaudiparts.com

Also, may have a source for oem rotors. 250ea

I'm using K&N air filters, but I was thinking to go back to OEM one. Its a headache to take them out and clean them then oil it again, although it stay more at the car (almost 20,000KM). What do you think guys? shall I go back to the original air filter , or K&N is better?

I still like to know what did you find that price Dhall1.

snoopra
March 11th, 2009, 21:15
Genuinevwaudiparts.com

Also, may have a source for oem rotors. 250ea
WOW! $250? Are they refurbs?

DHall1
March 11th, 2009, 21:17
Nope,

Brand new cross drilled rotors. OEM

I think one other member has gotten parts from this guy.

WOW! $250? Are they refurbs?

GEN XER
March 11th, 2009, 23:11
Nope,

Brand new cross drilled rotors. OEM

I think one other member has gotten parts from this guy.

Ok I missed out on the air filters but let me know where I can get the rotors. I knew I should have come here first, dammit :(. These filters are small compared to the big cover they are under.

DHall1
March 11th, 2009, 23:31
Willie,

Check with Hghnmhg63 above. He has purchased from this guy. I have only checked into his operation but not ordered yet.

fastaudivwparts@yahoo.com
Kyle

He has rotors in stock.

LMK

Dave

Ok I missed out on the air filters but let me know where I can get the rotors. I knew I should have come here first, dammit :(. These filters are small compared to the big cover they are under.

GEN XER
March 12th, 2009, 21:36
Holy Shiite Muslim! I dont know how he is doing this, yes I do, everyone else is gouging the hell out of the 1400+ RS6 owners in the country, but I got 4 rotors for $1010. Fronts $255ea and Rears $250 and he had to have my VIN number like every other vendor I have solicited about rotors. You know I ordered them. He uses paypal so there is a measure of security in the purchase as well. This may be the find of the time for us RS6 folks. I own a VDUB as well so I will be looking for those parts here to in the future.

Thanks Hahnmgh63 and DHall1 for the info.

Willie,

Check with Hghnmhg63 above. He has purchased from this guy. I have only checked into his operation but not ordered yet.

fastaudivwparts@yahoo.com
Kyle

He has rotors in stock.

LMK

Dave

DHall1
March 13th, 2009, 01:45
Willie,

Yep, its the deal of the century. I told Kyle to expect some traffic from the RS6 gang. I am not paying 400 dollar dealer prices for those rotors. They can eat my shorts.

:harass:

:deal:

I should start a new thread just for Kyle. LMK when you get your rotors.

Holy Shiite Muslim! I dont know how he is doing this, yes I do, everyone else is gouging the hell out of the 1400+ RS6 owners in the country, but I got 4 rotors for $1010. Fronts $255ea and Rears $250 and he had to have my VIN number like every other vendor I have solicited about rotors. You know I ordered them. He uses paypal so there is a measure of security in the purchase as well. This may be the find of the time for us RS6 folks. I own a VDUB as well so I will be looking for those parts here to in the future.

Thanks Hahnmgh63 and DHall1 for the info.

jtessman
March 14th, 2009, 17:49
Highly recommend the K&N's. They move way more air (easily 2X) and filter more effectively than the stock filters. The cleaning schedule is about the same as the replacement schedule (2X year)so it isn't anymore work. My environment is a little dusty so I clean mine 4X a year. it is both a cheap performance enhancement and insurance on a $30k engine.

DuckWingDuck
March 14th, 2009, 18:30
jtessman - there is a small, small chance that yours truly might be headed to Houston. How does the weather affect the performance for someone coming from Southern California? Also, aren't there like 3 to 5 RS6s in the Houston metro area?

jtessman
March 14th, 2009, 19:06
SAF and 4dr-911 are here in Houston, both post regularly here and on AudiWorld. As well, I've seen another Avus silver and a Misano red RS6 around town.

Biggest challenge here is the heat & the humidity coming off the GOM. From a performance side the heat is a killer. Highest sustained heat I've seen was 114F travelling at 80mph on the interstate. That is mostly localized due to the infrared being radiated by the concrete roadway. As we all know, heat is a killer for turbo systems. If I could figure out how to increase the size of my intercoolers I would but they are so integrated into the system there isn't any wiggle room there. I've toyed with the idea of methanol misting injectors but haven't seen anything I like. That being said, the engine temperture guage has never budged off dead center even when stuck in traffic.

The high humidity does offer some resistance to pre-detonation (vs dry air) but it doesn't offset the heat factor.

However, from late September until Apr/May the weather is much more reasonable and the car perfoms very strong. On 40F days when the intercoolers are working with max efficiency the beast is down right awesome!

Let us know if you are going to be in town and we can arrange a get together!

DuckWingDuck
March 14th, 2009, 20:25
peiserg has the water misting system installed and he's very much a fan before his turbos went AFAIK. Also Nick was interested in putting it in.

You're also right about the engine temp! I've NEVER seen it go past the mid-point, even on extended run when my oil temp goes to 300+

I should be swinging through the end of the month (27th to 30th), will keep you updated, but send me an e-mail, greg @ twilightstar . net

And as I mentioned above, there is a small-ish chance that I might move to Houston. The weather is really the major concern.

GEN XER
March 18th, 2009, 21:41
OK I got a shipping number yesterday and the rotors will be here by the end of the week. Once again $1010 for all four rotors with free shipping. They weigh 70lbs. I did not even pay the paypal fee. It seems Kyle has a connect at the Audi depot and he is getting these OE parts below wholesale. I asked him prices on a few other parts just for kicks and now ill be ordering them as well. See Below. All prices include shipping.

Air Filter $14.00ea
Oil Filter $12.00ea
Pollen Fillter $25.00ea
Engine Noise Insulation Plate $255ea

AUDI5000CSTQ
March 20th, 2009, 03:34
Does Kyle have a web site? Or is email the only way to reach him?

GEN XER
March 20th, 2009, 16:43
Does Kyle have a web site? Or is email the only way to reach him?

Email is the only way to reach him.

Yancy
May 12th, 2009, 18:59
OK I got a shipping number yesterday and the rotors will be here by the end of the week. Once again $1010 for all four rotors with free shipping. They weigh 70lbs. I did not even pay the paypal fee. It seems Kyle has a connect at the Audi depot and he is getting these OE parts below wholesale. I asked him prices on a few other parts just for kicks and now ill be ordering them as well. See Below. All prices include shipping.

Air Filter $14.00ea
Oil Filter $12.00ea
Pollen Fillter $25.00ea
Engine Noise Insulation Plate $255ea

So, did the rotors arrive? quality ok?

DHall1
May 12th, 2009, 19:13
I can answer for Willie.

Yes, he got all 4 OE rotors for ~1000 dollars. Almost 50% off dealer prices.

So, did the rotors arrive? quality ok?