PDA

View Full Version : A6 3.0 T hybrid

AndyBG
February 7th, 2009, 20:10
A6 hybrid...

http://www.germancarblog.com/2009/02/audi-a6-30t-paired-with-hybrid-drive.html

The Pretender
February 7th, 2009, 21:06
That is bogus, it's a Touareg chassis, nothing to do with the A6.

Jarod.

The RS6
February 8th, 2009, 00:09
But, it's a good idea, could be a good alternative to that Lexus...GS or whatever it's called...

AndyBG
February 8th, 2009, 02:36
But, it's a good idea, could be a good alternative to that Lexus...GS or whatever it's called...

:hihi: You don't love Lexus, or I'm just getting that impression...?

Audiphile
February 8th, 2009, 04:39
The thing with hybrids is that if you take a conventional car and turn it into a hybrid it never does well in sales. People want something different in terms of appearance (such as the prius or insight) for how their hybrids look. That is why the Civic or Camry hybrids or American hybrids do not sell well. An SUV hybrid is an oxymoron as far as I am concerned. Audi should create something like an A2 with Hybrid or electric drive or a Duo. Something that stands out and is immediately recognized as Green and different. Audi can do that with the A1 or A2. If they do it with a Q5 give some kind of additional body work, etc. to make it stand out as a hybrid drive vehicle as the concept vehicles.

Leadfoot
February 8th, 2009, 09:03
Americans god bless them like to do their bit for the enviorment but do it without the rest of the world knowing, that is why they buy the Prius and insight so the rest don't know.

Get my point.

It's not that they want it to be different looking for the sake of it, they want them different looking so the rest of the world knows they are doing their bit.

P.S.
BTW I don't think the American are any different in this than the rest of us. No dig intented.

tvrfan
February 8th, 2009, 12:11
the engine is going in the next Toureg. which is getting the 3.0 TFSI from the S4, with hybrid addition

in my eyes its fucking crap, S and RS engines must be unique and not be sold in other cars, even if its VW or Skoda

Phage
February 9th, 2009, 12:31
the engine is going in the next Toureg. which is getting the 3.0 TFSI from the S4, with hybrid addition

in my eyes its fucking crap, S and RS engines must be unique and not be sold in other cars, even if its VW or Skoda

S and RS engines aren't unique. They were never meant to be unique.
Just engines derived from other engines within the VAG group.

Stupidly idealistic idea to develop an engine specificly for an S/RS car.
Makes absolutely no sense except for bragging rights.

chewym
February 9th, 2009, 22:11
I see nothing wrong with Q7/Touareg having the supercharged V6. It has absolutely 0% effect on how the engine performs in the S4/A6.

Looks like the Hybrid Touareg will be pretty cool. It's also very likely that the Panamera hybrid will have the supercharged V6 as well as this combo must be more fuel efficient than the 3.6 VR6.

Marv
February 12th, 2009, 14:19
FYI car magazine http://www.carmagazine.co.uk (http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/)
has just driven this new hybrid