PDA

View Full Version : Black January for Audi...

itisme
February 6th, 2009, 12:08
Breaking news from today on the stock exchange:

10 Uhr: Der Automobilhersteller Audi hat im Januar 29 Prozent weniger Fahrzeuge verkauft. Der Absatz sank auf 56.200 Autos, nach 78.700 Fahrzeugen im Vorjahresmonat, teilte die VW-Tochter am Freitag mit. "Dieses Jahr wird für niemanden einfach", sagte der Vertriebsvorstand Peter Schwarzenbauer. Die Audi-Strategie werde aber "offensiv" bleiben. Allein im ersten Halbjahr sollen sechs neue Modelle auf den Markt gebracht werden.

10 o'clock: The automobile manufacturer Audi sold in January 29 of percent less vehicles. The paragraph sank to 56,200 cars, after 78,700 vehicles in the same month last year, divided the VW daughter on Friday. "This year won't be simple for anyone", said the sales director Peter schwarzenbauer. The Audi strategy however would remain "offensive". In the first half year, six new models are supposed to be brought on the market.

itisme
February 6th, 2009, 12:19
From boerse-frankfurt.de

(Frankfurt stock exchange)

06.02.2009 10:07

Audi baut Marktanteile im Januar weiter aus
Ingolstadt (ots) -

- Weltweit rund 56.200 Autos abgesetzt
- Marktanteile in Deutschland, Westeuropa und den USA gesteigert
- Vertriebschef Schwarzenbauer: "Unsere Strategie bei Audi bleibt
offensiv"

Audi hat im Januar weltweit rund 56.200 Autos an Kunden
ausgeliefert. Damit blieben die Auslieferungen aufgrund der globalen
Wirtschaftskrise wie erwartet hinter den Rekordzahlen des
Vorjahresmonats zurück (minus 28,6 Prozent; 2008: 78.679). Im
Wettbewerbsvergleich konnte sich die Marke jedoch behaupten: So
bauten die Ingolstädter in stark rückläufigen Gesamtmärkten ihren
Marktanteil weiter aus - in Deutschland wie auch in Westeuropa und
den USA.

"Dieses Jahr wird für niemanden einfach. Unsere Strategie bei Audi
bleibt jedoch offensiv: Allein im ersten Halbjahr bringen wir sechs
neue Modelle auf den Markt", sagt Peter Schwarzenbauer, Vorstand
Marketing und Vertrieb der AUDI AG. "Unsere junge Produktpalette
kommt im Wettbewerbsvergleich gut an: Das belegen unsere wachsenden
Marktanteile." So wählten rund 100.000 Leser des Fachmagazins auto,
motor und sport die Modelle Audi A4, Audi A6 allroad und den neuen
Audi Q5 zu den besten Autos 2009.

Der Absatzrückgang des letzten Monats ist sowohl in der
allgemeinen Kaufzurückhaltung als auch im Vergleich mit dem sehr
guten Vorjahreswert begründet. Im Januar 2008 war die neue Generation
des volumenstärksten Modells der Ingolstädter, die A4 Limousine, in
Europa zum ersten Mal voll verfügbar. Im Januar 2009 lagen hier die
Auslieferungen über alle Baureihen mit rund 37.700 Einheiten 31,2
Prozent unter Vorjahr (2008: 54.843). Der Rückgang in den USA auf
4.722 betrug 26,4 Prozent (2008: 6.418). In der Region Asien-Pazifik
verkaufte die Marke mit den vier Ringen mit rund 10.400 Autos 22
Prozent weniger als im Vorjahr (2008: 13.314).

Innerhalb des schwierigen Marktumfeldes konnte Audi seine Position
dennoch weiter stärken. In Deutschland stieg der Marktanteil auf 7,8
Prozent (Januar 2008: 6,7 Prozent). In den USA legte Audi um 0,5
Prozentpunkte auf 7,2 Prozent des Markts für Premiumautomobile zu. In
Westeuropa steigerten die Ingolstädter nach aktuellen Hochrechnungen
ihren Marktanteil auf rund 5 Prozent (Vorjahr 3,9 %).

Auch in absoluten Zahlen wuchs die Marke in einigen Ländern. So
meldete Audi in Australien mit 1.081 verkauften Einheiten ein
erneutes Plus von 5,5 Prozent (2008: 1.025). In Indien (109
Einheiten, plus 94,6 Prozent) und im Mittleren Osten (510 Einheiten,
plus 0,2 Prozent) kauften ebenfalls mehr Kunden als im Vorjahresmonat
ein Modell der Ingolstädter Premiummarke.

translation from www.freetranslation.com :

(i tried little to correct some things, but I'm a bit lazy... sry)

Audi constructs market shares in January further out of Ingolstadt (ots) -

- Worldwide approximately 56,200 cars dropped - market shares in Germany, Western Europe and the USA increased
- Vertriebschef Schwarzenbauer: "Our strategy in Audi remains offensive"

Audi delivered in January worldwide approximately 56,200 cars at customers. therefor the extraditions
remained as expected well behind the record numbers of the same month in the
previous year based on the global economic crisis (minus 28.6 percent; 2008: 78,679). In the competition comparison, the sign was able to
maintain itself however: So the Ingolstädter in strongly retrograde total markets constructed its market
share further out of - in Germany such as in Western Europe and the USA.

"This year won't be simple. Our strategy in Audi remains however offensive: Alone in the first
half year, we bring six new models on the market", say Peter Schwarenbauer, board of directors marketing and
banish the AUDI CORP. "Our young product range arrives in the competition comparison well: Our growing
market shares cover that." So approximately 100,000 readers of the specialty magazine car, motor and
sport selected the models Audi A4, Audi A6 allroad and the new Audi Q5 to the best cars 2009.

The paragraph decline of the last month are compare to established both in the general restrained spending and
in that the very good before annual value. The new generation of the volume strongest model of the
Ingolstädter, the A4 saloon car was in January 2008, in Europe for the first time fully available. In January
2009 lay here the extradition over all series with approximately 37,700 units 31.2 percent under preceding
year (2008: 54,843). The decline in the USA on 4,722 amounted to 26.4 percent (2008: 6,418). In the region
Asia Pacific the sign with the four rings with approximately 10,400 cars 22 percent sold less than in the
preceding year (2008: 13,314).

Within the difficult market background, Audi further was able to strengthen its position nevertheless. In
Germany, the market share climbed to 7.8 percent (January 2008: 6.7 percent). In the USA, Audi gained the
market around 0.5 points to 7.2 percent for Premiumautomobile. In Western Europe, the Ingolstädter increased
its market share after current projections on approximately 5 percent (preceding years 3.9%).

Also in absolute numbers, the sign in some countries grew. So Audi in Australia with 1,081 sold units
reported a renewed plus of 5.5 percent (2008: 1,025). In India (109 units, plus 94.6 percent) and in the
Southwest Asia (510 units, plus 0.2 percent) a model of the Ingolstädter Premiummarke bought also more
customers than in the same month in the previous year.

roadrunner
February 6th, 2009, 12:22
It's not really new, Stadler stated days ago, that January was a terrible month for Audi - new are the figures: 56.200 Audis sold = -28,6%

Interresting is that Audi's marketshare rose
in Germany 7,8% (08: 6,7%)
US 7,2 % (08: 6,6%)
Western Europe 5% (3,9%)

So yes, Audi is loosing, but the markets are loosing more

As we try to stay objective: BMW sales in January were -22,1%, 60.248 units sold (Mini -34,5%)

We knew, it won't be easy for any of them.

itisme
February 6th, 2009, 12:26
Yes, BMW sales were more dramatic than Audis but still the markets are loosing more there, too. BMW's finacial part and the motorbikes did well... great for me as a german student of mechanical engineering too see my potential employer doing good in crisis ;)

roadrunner
February 6th, 2009, 12:42
Yes, BMW sales were more dramatic than Audis but still the markets are loosing more there, too. BMW's finacial part and the motorbikes did well... great for me as a german student of mechanical engineering too see my potential employer doing good in crisis ;)

You traitor - thinking about working fot the "dark side" :D just kidding

Erik
February 6th, 2009, 12:43
This is England...

January New Car Registration Figures

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Abarth 0.00
Alfa Romeo -42.97
Aston Martin -46.32
Audi -36.31
Bentley -59.85
BMW -40.87
Cadillac -91.67
Chevrolet -58.35
Chrysler -77.09
Citroen -40.64
Corvette 50.00
Daihatsu -69.01
Daimler -85.71
Dodge -91.30
Fiat -15.70
Ford -20.91
Honda -39.58
Hummer 25.00 :d (they probably sold one or two cars more...)
Hyundai 5.66
Jaguar 54.95 :D
Jeep -79.32
Kia -15.05
Land Rover -52.27
Lexus -52.52
Lotus -33.33
Mazda -38.47
Mercedes-Benz -38.63
MG 0.00
MINI -34.90
Mitsubishi -72.84
Nissan -3.09
Perodua 0.00
Peugeot -35.17
Porsche -29.73
Proton -40.00
Renault -59.27
Rover 0.00
Rover MG 0.00
Saab -34.23
SEAT -36.60
Skoda -33.62
smart -37.50
Ssangyong -87.90
Subaru -59.83
Suzuki -31.05
Tata 0.00
Toyota -1.48
Vauxhall -28.03
Volkswagen -33.02
Volvo -13.21
Other British -44.55
Other Imports -58.40

itisme
February 6th, 2009, 13:24
You traitor - thinking about working fot the "dark side" :D just kidding

lol :D...

This is England...

Hummer 25.00 :d (they probably sold one or two cars more...)

:D.. in the near future annoyed demonstrators pro environment will throw old eggs on these 4 cars...

Audiphile
February 6th, 2009, 17:23
It's not really new, Stadler stated days ago, that January was a terrible month for Audi - new are the figures: 56.200 Audis sold = -28,6%

Interresting is that Audi's marketshare rose
in Germany 7,8% (08: 6,7%)
US 7,2 % (08: 6,6%)
Western Europe 5% (3,9%)

So yes, Audi is loosing, but the markets are loosing more

As we try to stay objective: BMW sales in January were -22,1%, 60.248 units sold (Mini -34,5%)

We knew, it won't be easy for any of them.

It is Black January for everyone. Audi's drop is relative if you compare it to BMW and MB which both suffered approximate declines. 56,000 to 60,000 is really a very small difference considering BMW is bigger.

tailpipe
February 9th, 2009, 15:22
It is Black January for everyone. Audi's drop is relative if you compare it to BMW and MB which both suffered approximate declines. 56,000 to 60,000 is really a very small difference considering BMW is bigger.

Yes, but if you look at BMW's total of 60,000 cars, I wonder how many were Mini? It could be that Mini is preventing BMW from falling into sales oblivion.

Actually, what convinces me that BMW are in serious trouble is the news that Chris Bangle resigned rather than being fired and that BMW begged him to stay!!!!!!!!! :harass: :rotflmao: :doh:

AndyBG
February 9th, 2009, 15:31
Actually, what convinces me that BMW are in serious trouble is the news that Chris Bangle resigned rather than being fired and that BMW begged him to stay!!!!!!!!! :harass: :rotflmao: :doh:

Now, that is funny...!!!

Audiphile
February 9th, 2009, 16:53
Tailpipe, the 60,200 is BMW brand only and does not include Mini. Mini had a large drop as well though I am not sure of the percentage. Obviously, such a drop hurts BMW more than Audi at this point as Audi had a very strong year last year and is more poised to survive a prolonged downturn than a carmaker like BMW. And Automotive News has reported that BMW may seek bridge funding from the German government in order to survive. So sorry itisme, but this was in the news several times already. Maybe you should consider a position with Audi as it is better positioned as this time.

itisme
February 9th, 2009, 19:02
Tailpipe, the 60,200 is BMW brand only and does not include Mini. Mini had a large drop as well though I am not sure of the percentage. Obviously, such a drop hurts BMW more than Audi at this point as Audi had a very strong year last year and is more poised to survive a prolonged downturn than a carmaker like BMW. And Automotive News has reported that BMW may seek bridge funding from the German government in order to survive. So sorry itisme, but this was in the news several times already. Maybe you should consider a position with Audi as it is better positioned as this time.

you're from LA... do you really think you get more news on BMW than I here in Germany? I'm sry, but BMW is doing fine. They only considered help for their finacial group, the "BMW Bank". But the Bank is doing fine and so is BMW itself... I can only quote what they are telling us stock holders... BMW did make profit this year.

German Automakers claimed they'd like to have governement add because of your American car makers getting it and they feared an unfair benefit for the US producers... that's all. They also claimed add for all the small companies working for the automobile industry....

in teh beginning of the crisis BMW claimed they can survive for 3 years without add...

and I'm with you by saying Audi is doing better then BMW... I'm Audi addicted, too ;)#
but they are doing better than most automobile manufactorers, too.... PSA, Fiat, Chrysler, GM, Ford, Toyota - these are the companys to worry about.

Audiphile
February 9th, 2009, 20:44
Don't hate. I only repeating what has been reported on Automotive News Europe and we can all assume they are one the main reliable sources for business news regarding the automotive industry. If I find the articles, I will post them. I assume BMW will survive, but it is not in the greatest shape as long as its American sales keeping tanking.

itisme
February 9th, 2009, 20:56
Don't hate. I only repeating what has been reported on Automotive News Europe and we can all assume they are one the main reliable sources for business news regarding the automotive industry. If I find the articles, I will post them. I assume BMW will survive, but it is not in the greatest shape as long as its American sales keeping tanking.

no no no.. don't get me wrong... no hate anywhere

it's just, that i heared these news you're talking about, too... in january

but in the last week news BMW.. well, read on your own - do you think this sounds like trouble?

http://www.bmwgroup.com/e/nav/index.html?../0_0_www_bmwgroup_com/home/home.html&source=overview

The group therefore recorded its second-best annual sales volume figure in its history (behind 2007).

roadrunner
February 9th, 2009, 21:07
..I assume BMW will survive, but it is not in the greatest shape as long as its American sales keeping tanking.

I think you hit the nail on the spot. Now it pays off for Audi that they have not reached their US sales goals yet. Therefore the dramatic downturn of car sales in the US only affects Audi percentwise, but not that much in volume.

BMW sales in the US droped from 293.800 in 2007 to 249.100 in 2008. we will see how 2009 further develops, but all outlook predicts a further dramatic donwturn on the us car market.

What i'm trying to say is, that all car manufacturers with serious volume in the US have got serious problems - look at Toyota, the most profitable car company in the world (with big US volume of over 1m) posting 1st loss is history.

I think as well that BMW will survive, but they might take a stronger beating than others.

jasaretta
February 9th, 2009, 21:21
whats funny is my dealer sold over 100 cars in jan - their standard month is about 65.

tailpipe
February 9th, 2009, 23:22
whats funny is my dealer sold over 100 cars in jan - their standard month is about 65.

What was he selling: Minis?