PDA

View Full Version : What is the best method to ship seats from UK to the USA?

DHall1
February 5th, 2009, 17:16
Anyone have experience in this area?

I need to ship front and rear seats from the UK to US.

Grizz? Can you help?

ben916
February 5th, 2009, 17:50
Flying there and getting them on the plane yourself, just to be sure...

snoopra
February 5th, 2009, 20:37
Anyone have experience in this area?

I need to ship front and rear seats from the UK to US.

Grizz? Can you help?
DHall1, try getting a quote from American Airlines Air Cargo service, should be reasonable.:thumb:
What color are the seats? If silver, got two sets? Airbags?

Erik
February 5th, 2009, 21:15
Flying there and getting them on the plane yourself, just to be sure...

And you'll be in Recaros most of the time anyway ;)

DuckWingDuck
February 6th, 2009, 00:41
Call a freight forwarder who will do all the paperwork to help clear customs but also to arrange for shipping. The biggest question are the airbags, I think you need to have them taken out.

kingofnyc22
February 6th, 2009, 03:15
I know a few guys shiped full recaro rs6 interiors and it cost about same as the price of interior. So 2000 euros for interior and 2000 for shiping thats 4000 euros. OR http://oempl.us/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=107&products_id=835 and save some time and trouble.

DuckWingDuck
February 6th, 2009, 03:27
holy eff, that's pretty hot. But kinda on the expensive side... I can't imagine that it would be that expensive to ship! Put it in a container, don't airship.

scottmandu
February 25th, 2009, 16:27
Airbags cannot be shipped on board passenger carrying aircraft.

Airfreight should cost 800-1000 bucks, plus whatever duties you have.

With LTC shipment (less than container) your running up against minimums, so you're likely to pay the same for sea freight.

MikeL01
February 26th, 2009, 01:16
Check with some friends or relatives in the service stationed in Germany. I remember shipping some sizeable items home cheap from Japan and England during my time in the Marines. (special thanks to my brothers in the Royal Marines)