PDA

View Full Version : Ultimate R8!?!?!

AndyBG
February 4th, 2009, 16:40
Is it possible that Audi is preparing ''ultimate'' version of the R8. The one to take on Murcielago...!?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090204.006/audi-working-on-lambo-murcielago-rival

Leadfoot
February 4th, 2009, 16:54
I just read this, somehow I doubt that will happen. Audi are probably stretching things already with the current R8v10, for them to take on the Murcielago you will be looking at an Audi R8 rival with a price tag of close on £135~140K.

artur777
February 4th, 2009, 16:59
Is it possible that Audi is preparing ''ultimate'' version of the R8. The one to take on Murcielago...!?

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090204.006/audi-working-on-lambo-murcielago-rival

Not sure that this is the truth
In cureent situation it's senseless

AndyBG
February 4th, 2009, 17:00
Not sure that this is the truth
In cureent situation it's senseless

and that is what makes me even more courious... Ho can even think of something like this in these times if there isn't some true in it...?

AndyBG
February 5th, 2009, 01:15
Small article about same theme...

http://www.germancarblog.com/2009/02/audi-working-on-murcielago-killer.html

RXBG
February 5th, 2009, 03:03
two possibilities:

a new engine we haven't seen. perhaps a lower displacement V8 with twin turbos or twincharger (a la F430 replacement) that could make 600 hp and be coolable.

or the R8 replacement. at least in concept.

i don't think audi is working on a different model to slate above the R8.

sillydriver
February 5th, 2009, 13:47
It sounds to me like the RS6 turbo-V10 with cooling problems solved.

Toto89
February 5th, 2009, 18:25
Making a car which is faster than Murcielago is more than possible as Audi is contributing in Murcielago as well, so if someone can beat Lambo, it is the Audi. But i doubt it will ever happen in today's VAG. Unfortunately by the way.

itisme
February 6th, 2009, 13:44
I think it's possible to see the Diesel from the R15 in the R8... it's rumored to be lighter, smaller and a least as good as the old Diesel...

I was @ Audi yesterday and spotted at least 4 Q7 V12 TDi... in my opinion it possible to see the new Diesel in street legal cars from Audi, too... next gen A8 and Q7 need a top of the range Diesel for "Vorsprung durch Technik"...

this wouldn't even attac sales from Porsche if a high powered Diesel R8 might come....

OfftheHeZie
February 14th, 2009, 04:25
Audi Avus. :thumb:

~Mason

Z07
February 14th, 2009, 09:39
It sounds to me like the RS6 turbo-V10 with cooling problems solved.

Or 7.2 W12.:hahahehe::rotflmao:

kju
February 15th, 2009, 18:33
hehe would like to see a production standart R8 v10 with spoilers and hardcore desgin :D

tvrfan
February 15th, 2009, 18:37
porsche would never alow this to audi. they cant build a stronger R8 version than the V10. porsche would kill the project. iam sure

wedouglas
February 18th, 2009, 05:56
Why does everyone think that Porsche cares so much about the R8? They want to sell as many cars under the VW group as possible. They earn the majority of their money from investments, not selling Porsches.

If they think that making the R8 even faster is a good idea financially, they will.

chewym
February 18th, 2009, 22:04
I think it's possible to see the Diesel from the R15 in the R8... it's rumored to be lighter, smaller and a least as good as the old Diesel...

I was @ Audi yesterday and spotted at least 4 Q7 V12 TDi... in my opinion it possible to see the new Diesel in street legal cars from Audi, too... next gen A8 and Q7 need a top of the range Diesel for "Vorsprung durch Technik"...

this wouldn't even attac sales from Porsche if a high powered Diesel R8 might come....

You will never see a racing engine in a production car. The only thing in common with R10 V12 TDI and the Q7 V12 is V12 TDI badge.

The current Murcielago is at the end of its performance envelop, the LP 560 Gallardo is quicker than the LP 640 Murcielago. It's interesting what the replacement for Murcielago will be, what kind of technology it will use. Unfortunately, the current economy probably has a lot to do with what Lamborghini does. Or in better words, what it doesn't do.

And to some extent, the performance doesn't even matter. Lamborghini was able to make lots of hype with the Reventon. A Murcielago with cool/gimmicky styling but same mechanicals. Honestly, Lamborghini could probably give the Murcielago new styling but keep the old engine/platform and it would be the new popular car for celebrities to buy.