PDA

View Full Version : Just got a call from my dealer. V10 orders in the US being placed tonight/today.

wedouglas
February 3rd, 2009, 02:48
Specs aren't available, neither are options or cost. Orders are simply being submitted to the factory. He said they are just submitting color right now.

I'm guessing that this is assigning allocation and that actual specs will be made in the near future.

But this is not just a deposit at your dealer. It's an actual order placed with the factory/Audi.

RXBG
February 5th, 2009, 03:06
i think this is for dealers to submit the names of those interested to audi. (i.e those who gave deposits). sure they can spec the cars n the system but audi won't be looking at that info. just the raw numbers. they want to see how many effective orders there are (eliminate the same name at multiple dealers) to gauge interest in the car and then extrapolate the allocations. this is what they did with the V8. no matter what anyone says we won't see the first of these until late this CY as a MY 2010 car.

wedouglas
February 5th, 2009, 03:55
Not sure about that.

There really isn't much of a reason for them to hold on the US market.

RXBG
February 5th, 2009, 13:27
don't think that the delay is because they are holding anything. it has to do with production of us spec cars only. the logistics require lots of organization. first EU cars won't be in dealer hands till early summer anyway. that we'll be getting ours one-two prod cycle or so later is pretty darn fast.

roadrunner
February 5th, 2009, 14:12
RXBG,

i might have good news for you - in an article from the Marbella / Spain R8 V10 introduction, the lauch date for the US is being quoted Q3 2009 (therefore MY 2010). The production of us spec cars is supposed to start end of March 2009

Euro spec V10s already in production with deliveries starting end of Feb. 09