PDA

View Full Version : Audi RS6 in South Africa (avdh)

avdh
August 5th, 2003, 08:51
Nice, very nice, same outside colour as I have ordered.

Erik
August 5th, 2003, 08:56
Originally posted by avdh
Nice, very nice, same outside colour as I have ordered.

So you ordered your RS6 now? Congrats!

avdh
August 5th, 2003, 13:14
Yes I did order it on Friday!
It's quite a bit more expensive than in Europe or the States, but it includes VAT and all taxes.
E. 90960
UK L 64000
$ 103600

It has the same basic specs as the German RS6, as per the hard cover catalogue, plus included in the base price; Front and rear side + Sideguard airbags, Symphony Radio, Electrical Steering wheel and rear sunblind.

Also the chargeable options are a lot more expensive too
19" Wheels E. 2260 (1600)
Aluminium Pedals E. 423 (300)
Drilled Discs E. 1200 (850)
Sport Exhaust E. 1410 (1000)
GSM Cell Prep E. 365

In brackets are the German Euro prices, hence on options SA is over 40% more expensive :mad:

No 2ME Super Sport Suspension for SA :mad:

Interior is Silver Nappa Leather with Poplar Agate inlays.
I also specified the Pirelli P Zero Rosso.

Now, the worse is the wait until December.... and let's hope nothing goes wrong in this mad world!

iconcls
August 5th, 2003, 13:39
Any idea how many are coming to SA?

avdh
August 5th, 2003, 14:05
40 only

20 in December and 20 in 2004.

roadrunner
August 5th, 2003, 14:22
...It's quite a bit more expensive than in Europe or the States, but it includes VAT and all taxes.
E. 90960
UK L 64000
$ 103600...

Andre, congrats on your decision :0:

To make you feel a little better (about the price that is - not about the car :addict: , which makes one feel :alig: for sure):

Here is the Austrian price for the RS6 sedan

104.600,- EUR (all taxes)
+
19" Wheels - 2280,10 EUR
Aluminium Pedals ? EUR - not in the Configurator
Drilled Discs ? EUR - not in the Configurator
Sport Exhaust ? EUR - not in the Configurator
GSM Cell Prep - 697,39 EUR

Due to our caring government :p we have a fuelconsumption tax (~gas gazzler in the US?) that varrier between 7% and 16% on top of 20% VAT.

seb.

Benman
August 5th, 2003, 15:18
andre,
great to hear you decided on all your options and color for your new toy.:D the wait till December won't be fun, but once you get your Beast the wait will be worth it.:cheers:

Ben:addict: (a couple more weeks!)

P.S. roadrunner: those ARE expensive prices:bigeyes:

Snow
August 5th, 2003, 17:50
You poor Austrians... :eek:

You've cooked up a really nice RS 6, avdh. Did I miss your post about the color? Have fun, and don't let the wait eat you up alive. :bye:

avdh
August 6th, 2003, 08:17
Thanks guys...

Austria?....and I thought the SA price was expensive!:eek:
I also heard that cars are even more expensive in Scandinavia?
Well those whiners at Audi World should know better.. :) The US price is really a bargain compared to any other country.

Roadrunner,

I found the Euro prices at audi.de (C)Konfigurator, as well as some people on this forum.

Snow,

The colour is Daytona Grey. Originally I wanted Siena Red II Metallic from BMW, but E. 3300 was just too much more a paint job and Daytona Grey seems cool and somewhat more discrete.

It seems Erik moved my original post as it was part of the "pics of dabulls beast" thread.
I did not want to make a thread out of it, as there's still four months to go and who knows what can happen during that time.

In the meantime I hope I can count on you guys to keep us entertained with your experiences with your RS6's, which I am sure will make time fly :)

Erik
August 6th, 2003, 08:51
avdh, yes I split the thread.

Regarding car prisec in Scandinavia.

Denmark, Finland and Norway are all expensive. Sweden has similar prices to Germany for new cars. I guess it's because we have a strong car lobby because of SAAB and Volvo.

peterb
August 6th, 2003, 12:12
The colour is Daytona Grey.
Good colour combo - Daytona/Silver :), although I went for the Alcantara centre panels on the seats.

Be aware, though, that after just 1000 miles, leather cleaner is lifting a fair bit of grime from the driver's seat.

fossil
August 6th, 2003, 12:24
Expensive....lol...Try 236,000AUD for an RS6 in Australia, and they are all booked..

fossil
August 6th, 2003, 12:29
$236,000AUD=152,000USD,
and that is not insured

avdh
August 6th, 2003, 13:03
Originally posted by peterb
Good colour combo - Daytona/Silver :), although I went for the Alcantara centre panels on the seats.

Be aware, though, that after just 1000 miles, leather cleaner is lifting a fair bit of grime from the driver's seat.

For whatever reason they don't offer alcantara for the seats in SA, not that I wanted though.

My current S6 has Silver Nappa leather and I have to clean the driver's seats fairly often to keep it perfectly clean, but detailing is part of the fun :)

Alex K
August 6th, 2003, 13:03
Andre,

Glad you made up your mind and ordered yours finally.
Glad too (a tad bit) that my Siena Red RS6 remains unique for the time being though I would feel honored if someone picked the same color because of my choice.

avdh
August 6th, 2003, 13:08
Originally posted by fossil
Expensive....lol...Try 236,000AUD for an RS6 in Australia, and they are all booked..

Obviously you must have heavy import duties in Australia.

In SA we have 58% import duties on cars, however, if you exports cars and car parts, you get what is called "export credits"

As VW/Audi export cars (Golf and Polo) as well as catalytic converters, they have enough "export credits" to bring cars in SA duty free.

Erik
August 6th, 2003, 13:08
Siena Red II Metallic is a really nice color.

http://www.rs6.com/forum/attachment.php?s=&postid=6706

Yesterday I heard there's a vilolet RS4 (from factory) in Sweden.
Apparently the only or at least one of the few with that color.
It's nice to be special!

avdh
August 6th, 2003, 13:17
Originally posted by Alex K
Andre,

Glad you made up your mind and ordered yours finally.
Glad too (a tad bit) that my Siena Red RS6 remains unique for the time being though I would feel honored if someone picked the same color because of my choice.

Yep, it was your post with your Siena Red Pictures which made me choose that colour.
Since my RS6 will be sedan your Avant would have been still unique anyway.
Regardless, yours is not only unique, but IMHO the most stunning colour for that car!

Klint
August 6th, 2003, 13:39
Congrats!

Now it's that wait till December...That is genuinely a long, long wait for anything. :(

:cheers:

TheBrit
August 6th, 2003, 14:23
Congrats Andre!

Is this a replacement for the S6, or in addition?

It will be worth the wait, I'm sure you'll agree when the time comes. :)

fossil
August 6th, 2003, 15:09
Hi, Yes...we are slugged by a heavy luxury tax that comes in at about 60K I think...4 Wheel drive Rec Vehicles are not luxury taxed, just ordinary import duty...thats probably why Audi Australia is only getting 25 or so RS6's
foss

avdh
August 6th, 2003, 16:03
Originally posted by TheBrit
Congrats Andre!

Is this a replacement for the S6, or in addition?

Thanks Chris.

Yes it will replace the S6.

Snow
August 6th, 2003, 18:18
Erik, purple RS 4? Surely it's nice to be special but not when you own a purple car...:D I wonder if he's trying out for then next Fast 'n Furious (just imgaine there will be one..).