PDA

View Full Version : CAR interview with Rupert Stadler

deveraux
January 30th, 2009, 15:55
http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/News/Search-Results/Industry-News/Audi-chairman-Rupert-Stadler-the-CAR-interview/

some interesting points like:

Let's talk about the Volkswagen BlueSport concept. Is that something Audi could launch as a smaller brother to the R8?

I always talk down such rumours... (Cue heavy laughter and spluttering!)

and

We started in 1909 with 33 people in Germany. Today we employ 55,000 people with partners all over the world. We will celebrate different stages of the 100 years of Audi. The precise anniversary is 16 July 2009

we should note this date, i wonder if audi will launch a new model around this date

Erik
January 30th, 2009, 16:14
July 16 noted.

Thanks.

A step into the hybrid / electric Era? :hahahehe:

(not that I like it, buy hey that's the way it's going)

AndyBG
January 30th, 2009, 16:24
Interesting part...

Really? Speaking of Porsche, what do the industrial changes underway at the Volkswagen group mean for Audi? You’ve collaborated in the past with cars like the RS2... can we expect further co-developments?

You need to ask Porsche and the Volkswagen group about that!

But from your point of view, would you like Audi to work more closely with Porsche?

If it provides a win-win situation, then yes. Look at our six-cylinder diesel, it will soon be available in the Porsche Cayenne. You see that there already is a collaboration between Audi and Porsche.

tailpipe
February 3rd, 2009, 18:07
This interview was pathetic. Car failed to get answers to the really interesting questions.

Of course, Stadler was unable to comment on Porsche's takeover of VW (and thus Audi too). He doesn't want to lose his job. But privately, one can only wonder what he really thinks:

"Gott in himmel, how long must i put up with this wise-ass from Weissach!"