PDA

View Full Version : If Audi does bring the C6 RS6 to the US, think they will sell for ~30k in 5-6 years?

p3u
January 28th, 2009, 17:24
Just wondering if the C5 RS6 space time continuum of depreciation applies to the C6. :hihi:

If so it will be worth the wait! :incar:

Thoughts? :mech:

iconcls
January 28th, 2009, 18:00
If the first RS car bought stateside with a Cosworth provenance and less than 1K imported--not to mention earning street cred by winning the SPEED World Challenge both years it was entered--cannot stem the Audi value into the crapper curve, NO Audi will!

DHall1
January 28th, 2009, 18:03
No and No.

"If" it did come over the new RS6 would cost between 140-150,000 dollars. Sure, you would expect normal depr to an asset in that class to drop to say 70-80k in 5 years.

Just wondering if the C5 RS6 space time continuum of depreciation applies to the C6. :hihi:

If so it will be worth the wait! :incar:

Thoughts? :mech:

p3u
January 28th, 2009, 18:19
I dont think it would cost that much, the US always gets the cars for a better price the Europeans. I bet it would be ~110k new

DuckWingDuck
January 28th, 2009, 19:18
Audi can't afford to bring the car here at those kinds of prices. The avant will never come here the sedan has a very low likelihood.

DHall1
January 28th, 2009, 19:26
Think about the emissions and fuel cafe standards. How many 580hp V10TTs are running around on the roads. Not to mention how many C6 RS6s would have to be crash tested to certify the car. I just dont think the C6 can pass emissions.

Its one of the reasons the Benz had to dump the big hp AMG supercharged engines. Running too fat=no pass emissions. You have to run fat to make power under boost. Bad combo.

With Obama and Arnold as a tag team. Everyone in CA better get out quick if you ever want to drive a performance car again. Yeeks.

Audi can't afford to bring the car here at those kinds of prices. The avant will never come here the sedan has a very low likelihood.

DuckWingDuck
January 28th, 2009, 19:43
Arnold's still rolling around LA in his army of Hummers, but you've been to LA, we need stricter emission standards here anyway.

Benman
January 28th, 2009, 20:46
If the first RS car bought stateside with a Cosworth provenance and less than 1K imported--not to mention earning street cred by winning the SPEED World Challenge both years it was entered--cannot stem the Audi value into the crapper curve, NO Audi will!

Could not possibly have said it better...

Ben:addict:

DHall1
January 28th, 2009, 21:34
I missed this as well. For the group of us on this list I think we tend to value those statements below and will hold on until the bitter end. I will do my part and 6yrs of extended Fidelity warranty will back me up in running my car all the way to 100k and further.

:addict: :rs6kiss:

DHall1
January 28th, 2009, 21:36
yeah, but he fills them up at the all Long John Silvers around town. Classic

Arnold's still rolling around LA in his army of Hummers, but you've been to LA, we need stricter emission standards here anyway.

SAF
January 28th, 2009, 23:49

Ding!!!!

Bigglezworth
January 28th, 2009, 23:55
This post is meaningless as the C6 will never hit US soil in the first place.

chewym
January 28th, 2009, 23:55
I am sure the C6 RS6 would do meet emissions. It's not here because it would be hard to sell it @ 100,000 or so.

DHall1
January 29th, 2009, 02:26
Greg's next car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rAqPMJFaEdY

CornersWell
January 29th, 2009, 02:51
I was told this past week that the Pres of AoA has a C6 RS6. It came through HBL in Tysons Corner, VA.

CW

DuckWingDuck
January 29th, 2009, 03:18
I'm sure Pres of AoA can get any VAG he wants...

formula1man
January 29th, 2009, 15:56
I know this may sound like I was hallucinating, but I actually saw a C6 in San Francisco last July/August.

CornersWell
January 29th, 2009, 16:04
I'm sure Pres of AoA can get any VAG he wants...

Oh, undoubtedly. But, it's the confirmation of the first (and possibly only) C6 RS6 in the US. Is it THAT big a deal? Probably not. AoA can bring in a limited number of cars and keep them under mfr titles, but I doubt they could resell them to the public.

CW

Boosted-Bora
January 29th, 2009, 16:40
I was told this past week that the Pres of AoA has a C6 RS6. It came through HBL in Tysons Corner, VA.

CW

HE Does and I had seen it driving around in VA as I am not to far from the headquarters and visit frequently. They also Have a Veyron and R10 LeMans car in the show room not his but there at HQ

Bigglezworth
January 29th, 2009, 18:11
I know this may sound like I was hallucinating, but I actually saw a C6 in San Francisco last July/August.Please let me know what pills provide this type of an experience. I need something to spice up the drab of daily life.:lovl:

formula1man
January 30th, 2009, 20:30
Actually, as I work in the mental health :dance: field I can only suggest what pills don't cause this type of experience.

p3u
January 31st, 2009, 17:06
I know this may sound like I was hallucinating, but I actually saw a C6 in San Francisco last July/August.

You did see one, it is out there for a year, before being shipped back to Germany. It is under dealer testing plates. I meet someone that drove it!!! Avant, correct?

formula1man
February 1st, 2009, 01:40
Yes an Avant. :addict: Thanks for the update.