PDA

View Full Version : RS6 -v- M5 -v- E63 Evo magazine

waldo
January 27th, 2009, 22:58
When oh when is a reputable english language magazine going to do a write up of this trio?

Does anyone out there know?

Thanks in advance for the kind help

By the way my tuner here in Australia tell me he expects to get 1,500kws at each wheel, which is 7,500kws in total (including spare tire in the boot - I bought and extra wheel just in case), plus 'infinity squared'nm from 1rpm to the redline, which has been lifted to 20,000 rpm.

Zero - 100km/hr in minus 5 seconds......other stats will be reported once car has been driven, but I am confident he is being conservative so we can expect some improvements on the above

ALL IN GOOD FUN!!

Best,

Dave

waldo
February 5th, 2009, 22:23
well not a single reply!

a lot of one way dialogue goes on in this place

99% of the posts relate to C5 RS6

good luck fellas

might move on

w

Leadfoot
February 5th, 2009, 22:33
I too find it curious why no British mag has tested all of them together.

waldo
February 5th, 2009, 22:41
I too find it curious why no British mag has tested all of them together.

Leadfoot....a reply!

I can't believe it!

Anyway enough of the cheap talk

I am surprised nothing has been done at all

The sedan has been out long enough.....

I understand though that EVO in the current magazine just released has in the 'driven' section (one page per car) has the RS6 with DMW chip

That might make for some interesting reading

However, as mine will be chipped next Friday to deliver 520kw and 820nm I will be lucky enough to read about it and ride about it, if you know what i mean

Best,

Dave (forget this Waldo rubbish)

AndyBG
February 5th, 2009, 23:16
I have feeling that all of motoring press is having such a big respect for Merc'. From that reason, they aren't ''pitting'' these three cars, until new, W212 E 63 AMG comes out. That will be some time this year... I think they are affraid that old E 63 AMG will be so heavily destroyed...

waldo
February 6th, 2009, 00:17
i would tend to agree

the E63 and the E60 M5 are too long in the tooth

ZCD2.7T
February 6th, 2009, 13:56
i would tend to agree

the E63 and the E60 M5 are too long in the tooth

It's the normal way of things - the newest model besting the older ones.

I agree that it would be great to see a direct comparison, though.

You'd seem to be in the best position now to discuss the C6 RS 6 vs. E60 M5, since you're the only person I'm aware of that has made that direct switch.

I hope you're not finding this board to be completely one-sided, BTW. I'm a fan of all high-performance machinery. I'm just most impressed by a vehicle whose performance can be used most of the time, and that means AWD, regardless of whether it's wet, dry, or snowy....

rks838
February 6th, 2009, 17:44
Hey Dave, although any board named named "rs6.com" is not going to be completely unbiased, I find this one very reasonable! The big reason the C6 RS6 isn't featured featured at all in U.S. mags, much less in a comparo? It's simply not on sale here. To do a comparo like that would be very interesting, tho I'm guessing too irrelevant to too many U.S. readers to justify it over something else.

(Stay on the board, it's the best I've ever found...)

waldo
February 7th, 2009, 01:09
It's the normal way of things - the newest model besting the older ones.

I agree that it would be great to see a direct comparison, though.

You'd seem to be in the best position now to discuss the C6 RS 6 vs. E60 M5, since you're the only person I'm aware of that has made that direct switch.

I hope you're not finding this board to be completely one-sided, BTW. I'm a fan of all high-performance machinery. I'm just most impressed by a vehicle whose performance can be used most of the time, and that means AWD, regardless of whether it's wet, dry, or snowy....

i dont find this board one sided to the extent the m5board is

what i do find a bore is the childish behaviour of the minority, but given this is a forum, you are going to get that sometimes

as for a report on the three marques and their respective beasts, evo magazine is a UK magazine so my observation is not for the usa market at all (you poor souls are missing out big time if you aint got the RS6!!! - LET ME TELL YOU!!!)

i would expect we might get a write up in australia in either Motor or Wheels or both maybe

a question though, does Audi have a break in procedure for the RS6, or as i dealer said just get in a go!

till next time

Dave

p.s. I am off to see the TopGear show this afternoon in Sydney as a guest of Audi - they do know how to entertain their clients that's for sure!!

Leadfoot
February 8th, 2009, 08:55
Leadfoot....a reply!

I can't believe it!

Anyway enough of the cheap talk

I am surprised nothing has been done at all

The sedan has been out long enough.....

I understand though that EVO in the current magazine just released has in the 'driven' section (one page per car) has the RS6 with DMW chip

That might make for some interesting reading

However, as mine will be chipped next Friday to deliver 520kw and 820nm I will be lucky enough to read about it and ride about it, if you know what i mean

Best,

Dave (forget this Waldo rubbish)

Dave,

520kw + 820Nm, that thing will be a monster. Thank god you have Quattro so you car harness all of that power, something which would have been impossible had it been an M or AMG. :hihi:

waldo
February 8th, 2009, 10:10
lads

If we get time next Friday when we are doing the chip we will put the car on the dyno and run some before and after stuff

should make for some interesting reading!

cheers for now,

Dave

kip
February 8th, 2009, 10:30
The reason is there are no got english tests.
Here is a german one!!!

http://img200.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=38038_9_122_401lo.jpg

Ruergard
February 8th, 2009, 12:51
http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17453

Here's the whole test.

waldo
February 8th, 2009, 22:01
The reason is there are no got english tests.
Here is a german one!!!

http://img200.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=38038_9_122_401lo.jpg

I was not going to reply to this, but really.........