01a6v8
January 23rd, 2009, 07:03
found it on craigslist its reallyy cheap
for an rs6
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1002629890.html

DHall1
January 23rd, 2009, 17:10
This is cheap but 130k. I dont know.

I would rather spend 23k on a car with 38,000 miles.

For a parts car. I would give him 10k

found it on craigslist its reallyy cheap
for an rs6
http://louisville.craigslist.org/cto/1002629890.html

Bigglezworth
January 23rd, 2009, 17:54
This is cheap but 130k. I dont know.

I would rather spend 23k on a car with 38,000 miles.

For a parts car. I would give him 10kGeesh. There's nothing wrong with the price. This car was 90K new. He's asking less than 1/3 of that for 6 years old. That's a full 1K a month depreciation which is 2-3 times what the average car depreciates by. No offence, but 10K is obsurd. The RS6 will run for many more years. As long as the compression of the engine is within spec, regular maintenance has been provided, I would pick one up with this type of mileage in the low 20's in a heart beat. Just don't need two. :)

That aside you would always want to substantiate the add for anything listed on Craigslist or even Autotrader these days due to the plethora of scam artists milking an unregulated Internet.

Tim

DHall1
January 23rd, 2009, 18:58
Agreed and I did say that 16,900 was cheap. But, given the current marketplace....if I can pick up a 38,000 mile RS6 for say 23k then I would not even consider the 17k car.

Granted if the car was properly cared for it "could" go on for years to come. But, 90k of additional wear and tear is 90k of wear and tear. No matter how you slice it up. Body mounts, suspension bushings, control arms, wheel bearings, thrust bearings, rear pinion bearings.... You get the idea. All that stuff is $$$$ on the RS6. I put 23k in the 38,000 mile car instead.

Its not like we are talking about the difference between a 10,000 mile car and a 25,000 mile car.

Geesh. There's nothing wrong with the price. This car was 90K new. He's asking less than 1/3 of that for 6 years old. That's a full 1K a month depreciation which is 2-3 times what the average car depreciates by. No offence, but 10K is obsurd. The RS6 will run for many more years. As long as the compression of the engine is within spec, regular maintenance has been provided, I would pick one up with this type of mileage in the low 20's in a heart beat. Just don't need two. :)

That aside you would always want to substantiate the add for anything listed on Craigslist or even Autotrader these days due to the plethora of scam artists milking an unregulated Internet.

Tim

Bigglezworth
January 23rd, 2009, 19:18
But, 90k of additional wear and tear is 90k of wear and tear. No matter how you slice it up. Body mounts, suspension bushings, control arms, wheel bearings, thrust bearings, rear pinion bearings.... You get the idea. All that stuff is $$$$ on the RS6. I put 23k in the 38,000 mile car instead.

Its not like we are talking about the difference between a 10,000 mile car and a 25,000 mile car.I have the 100K+ ride. I got it for less than any other one advertised out there knowing the milage matter. That said my ride has new rotors, pads, tierods, and bushings. The compression is within 3% of spec and there isn't a leak on it. I will be opting to do a coil over suspension unless something remarkable occurs with a recall on the OEM DRC. I only say all this as you must consider that higher mileage usually requires parts to be changed out. If someone is taking care of their vehicle properly, you will find new parts that are subject to wear and tear on the higher mileage ride. Heck, parts of my car have only 5K on them. That's 33K better than the 38K car. :)

Yellow RS6
January 23rd, 2009, 20:09
Agreed and I did say that 16,900 was cheap. But, given the current marketplace....if I can pick up a 38,000 mile RS6 for say 23k then I would not even consider the 17k car.

"IF" you can pick up a 38,000 mile RS6 for 23k, then it would make sense to pay 6 grand more. The current marketplace is crappy, but I haven't seen that kind of deal yet. If someone has, I would like to hear about it.

DHall1
January 24th, 2009, 05:24
Actually a 36,000 mile car just went for 25k. Clean car, clean title. Lexus dealer unloading a trade in on ebay.

The 38,000 mile car that I am thinking about is having a hard time even getting 25k. He will be down to 23k in a matter of weeks.

"IF" you can pick up a 38,000 mile RS6 for 23k, then it would make sense to pay 6 grand more. The current marketplace is crappy, but I haven't seen that kind of deal yet. If someone has, I would like to hear about it.

p3u
January 24th, 2009, 06:58
Great deal for 38k miles . I got mine 2 months ago for 26k with 70k miles, but clean as can be.