PDA

View Full Version : Anyone considering importing the Recaro seats for US spec'd RS?

iconcls
August 5th, 2003, 00:41
I'm seriously considering purchasing Europe spec'd RS 6 Recaro seats.

Anyone know the feasibility of this?

Would it be funky to just do the drivers seat?

boondocksts
August 5th, 2003, 01:36
I was looking into this, along with the e-codes. I think this would be about 3,000 for all the seats, maybe even 4,000. I can check on this in the next few days with a friend who imports a lot and get back to you.

jimmy94507
August 5th, 2003, 04:10
I would definitely be interested in the Recarro front seats (Ebony).

khoren
August 5th, 2003, 04:16
go to vagparts.com for more details in regards to ur question!

Ernesto (ERT)
August 5th, 2003, 05:50
I know josh at Achtuning had RS6 (ebony) about a year ago when the RS6 first came out in Europe. I think he was asking $3000 for the front seat set.

Erik
August 5th, 2003, 07:23
No need to change in the rear. As far as I'm aware the only difference between an RS6 and any other A6 is the logo.

The really hardcore get the MTM Recaro seats...

nene
August 5th, 2003, 16:52
I'm going to try to keep the modding, if any occurs, to a minimum.
This is the reason I got the sport exhaust in the first place.

I'll pass on the seats. I do like them very much, but I don't really want to mess with it right now. Maybe one day if the seats really need change, only then I'll make sure to get something hard core, if the MTM ones are still available.

The only things I was hoping to mod are very subtle.
E-codes would be one of them, but I might just do a mod like the S4 gurus were doing, which was simply getting rid of the yellow portion of the housing.
The CF shifter paddles would be nice to have.
A nice set of wheels for the Summer. List thus far are: HRE 840R, OZ Superleggera III, and OZ Galileo III.
The full size NAV display would be great to add as well.
Rear light housings from Euro RS6 would be cool.

I'll stop for now.

Bauer
August 6th, 2003, 06:52
Hey Guys,

I statred a thread about this subject on July 13th. Gregoryindiana and I were intrested in importing the seats at the time. Plexus in the U.K. provided a contact number for ordering the whole seat and said he would deal with all of the freight issues at cost. He says he has had experience in the import and export of auto parts and said it should not be an issue. I unfortunately am still in "planning" whatever the hell that means.....can you tell I am getting impatient. So I would probably not order them untill Oct/Nov at the soonist. You can look back at the thread for the info. I hope this helps.

Bauer

01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered

Bauer
August 6th, 2003, 07:48
sorry the last post was on the 13th of July and it is 5 pages back from this page.

Bauer

Erik
August 6th, 2003, 07:57
Guys, there's an excellent search engine in this forum that you all need to start using. :D
Learning is very simple, and it actually works very well!
There are excellent threads back in time.

Just type recaro (in this case) and you'll find the posts easily:

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1500&highlight=recaro

Klint
August 6th, 2003, 13:46
Originally posted by Erik

The really hardcore get the MTM Recaro seats...

I'm with Erik on this one.... :devil:

MTM Recaroes is the way to go...I was amazed to see them inside an Avant version that was tested in EVO magazine...quiet something to take in.:D

Just don't get 'slime green leather', what was on the test car... :(

and the idea of Drivers seat only...That'll be a big no no in my books. :mouthshut

:cheers:

Erik
August 6th, 2003, 14:17
I'd be happy to rip my black leather Recaros out for a fee. :king:

iconcls
August 6th, 2003, 15:53
for the other interested parties to take delivery of their cars.

Sorry if this was a repost.

jimmy94507
August 6th, 2003, 16:35
I just looked at the pictures of the Avant. Wow, those seats are certainly different from the RS6 Recarro seats. Does anyone know how to contact MTM about where they got the seats? Or would it be better to contact Dahlback Racing. Are these seats available directly from Recarro? Who actually obtained and installed the seats in the RS6 Avant?

Anyone have suggested ways to contact MTM or Dahlback?

Thanks, Jim

gjg
August 6th, 2003, 16:56
MTM Importer in US is Joe Hoppen Motorosports

Joe Hoppen Motorsport, Inc.
6245 Clark Center Avenue Unit M, Sarasota, FL 34238
Phone: (941) 924-6380 Fax: (941) 924-6980
Email: hoppen4mtm@aol.com

I do not believe Dahlback has anyone in US, you may have to check their website.

No affiliation to either one.

gg

Erik
August 6th, 2003, 17:00
Originally posted by jimmy94507
Anyone have suggested ways to contact MTM or Dahlback?

I can contact Hans Dahlback for you. I'm going to Nürburgring tomorrow so a reply may (will) take until next week.

Regarding MTM Germany, I can talk to my contact and see what he recommends.

Hopefully back next week with more details.

However...the Recaro bucket seats - I'm not so sure they're such a good idea for everyday driving.
I sweat a lot in the standard Recaros because they're much tighter around the back, so not leaving much air to circulate.
But it could also have to do with the fact I need to reduce my weight with a few pounds.

A picture is in its place:

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/picture_library/dir_21/car_portal_pic_10791.jpg

Still like it? I started a poll. Interaction is nice!

http://www.rs6.com/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=1773