PDA

View Full Version : Will Break-in ever end?

iconcls
August 4th, 2003, 23:35
(that is all) ;-)

RS6FEVR
August 5th, 2003, 00:14
:cheers: Icon

You mean you didn't spend this weekend putting 500+ miles on the baby to complete break-in? Ohh, the horror :p :p This too shall pass :D :D :D

Where's the pic's?

I'm still jealous that you've been out there doing the break-in. Dealer says "it's supposed to be loaded on transport Wednesday". Should I believe this? :vsad2: :vsad2:

Have fun

:addict: FEVR :addict:

iconcls
August 5th, 2003, 00:36
so I'm not doing toooo bad ;-)

Pics? Cars kinda dirty and it's raining, ahhh,...like every other FREAKIN' hour.

My dealer said my car was suppose to be LOADED for transport July 31st, but I took DELIVERY the 30th, so I would not put too much stock in what the dealers says. You may very well get it earlier :-)

RS6FEVR
August 5th, 2003, 02:25
:cheers: Icon

I hear ya about our wonderful summer weather? What a deluge Sunday! Did you get any coating of wax or polish on that clearcoat before trying to run those miles up? You get some slack for the weather here, but, next few days are supposed to be pretty nice, soooo, but I think we should expect some kind of photo by weeksend :p :p
Did you get up to Road America? What kind of limit on the r"s has the tach demonstrated during this break-in? Do you like the tip so far? Is sport mode the preferred setting? How is the radio reception? I read that am was not too ood. :bigeyes: :bigeyes: How's the sound system overall? Comments about the interior too!

I know you're having fun, and thanks for the info on what the dealer knows and says! :error: :error:

It would be great if you're right!!

Hope you're continuing to have fun

erjun
August 5th, 2003, 03:22
I am at 850 as of today's commute. Got up here by taking the trip up to Elkart Lake for the races. Just a few more days to go before I blow the top off Chicago!:bigeyes:

jimmy94507
August 5th, 2003, 03:56
Be cautious of what you believe coming out of Houston misleading the dealer! Expected mine to arrive at the dealer today since we were advised the cars had been loaded and departed Houston on Thursday. They were a no show this morning. After 2 separate calls by two separate salesman the trucking dispatcher
said, "Oh, the driver had a death in the family and couldn't make the trip, so we offloaded the truck. They weve loaded this morning and should arrive on Wednesday or Thursday, for sure. My salesman said this reminded him of the excuses he got for the delivery of their 1st RS6. After the 3rd time they were advised the car was on the truck, it actually did show up 4 days later???

We'll see what the trucking company has to say Wednesday morning on the progress their truck has made??

RS6FEVR, I hope yours does get on a truck on Wednesday. You might see it Friday or Saturday!

Regards, Jim

Benman
August 5th, 2003, 15:26
will break in ever end?

Originally posted by iconcls
(that is all) ;-)
heh, are you mocking us poor boys who have'nt even taking delivery yet? we can only DREAM of break in dang it!!!:hihi: ah well, soon enough:cheers:

Ben:addict:

iconcls
August 5th, 2003, 16:03
RS6FEVR

Didn't go to RA; would've been cool to see Galati hangin' with the P-cars and Z06's. As far as break-in, I'm trying to keep it below 4K RPM; maybe a little too conservative, but it can't hurt any ;-) After break-in I will try to post a detailed account of all my impressions; but so far, it's just "Oh my." :-)

nene
August 5th, 2003, 16:27
Just when the break in period is over for me, I decide to garage the car.

After going to the NE Event, the car is now at the 1K mile marker. The weather in the Northeast has been 'tropical' for this whole week. I always thought that meant nice sunny days, and lots of waves in the ocean to go surfing. Well, here it actually means it's going to rain everyday, with thunderstorms for dessert, and the same for 7-8 days straight.

This was reason enough to leave the RS6 in the garage for the week, and enjoy the S4 instead.
The Summer is when I plan to run the RS6 most of the time, since it's going to be garaged all Winter. What's with the friggin' weather not being cooperative?

btumble
August 5th, 2003, 17:48
I feel your break in pain. Even further behind, had her 5 days and between the kids and the weather the mileage is a whopping 72. 2 long trips coming up but with all the stuff, gotta take the truck.

nene - just curious - why garage all winter?

rs6fever - my dealer admitted to not knowing much about shipping so don't get too frustrated, I was 13 days from ms7 to delivery. About the interior, I'm still not sure about the suede headliner. Don't know if I like it or if it gives me an overwhelming urge to buy some fringe to line the rear window ;)

btumble

RS6FEVR
August 5th, 2003, 18:06
:cheers: btumble, Icon, Jimmy

Thanks for the updates and posts. Helps those of us in denial about ever getting a chance to break in the beast!!!! :p :p :p

The "fringe" thing could be an interesting addition :D :D :D as long as it didn't interfere with the sunshade LOL LOL

Thanks for wish for Wednesday Jimmy and "oh my" Icon!!

Keep having fun and continue your impressions you lucky stiffs