PDA

View Full Version : Had her 3 days, think I'm in love

btumble
August 4th, 2003, 20:11
I am so happy with this car. Picked it up Friday night and spent the weekend inventing errands so I could drive. The power is awsome but not overwhelming. I was afraid it might be too much car for daily use. Just around town driving, feels like a plain old lux sedan (if you ignore the throaty rumble). But when you want to have fun, can't keep the grin off your face. One problem though; my 3 1/2 year old's comments "I don't like this new car, its too fast. When you go fast it makes me wiggle" Can't wait to hear what she has to say after its broken in...

Anyone know about Audi clubs in the NJ area? I'd love to get some track time.
:D :D :D

btumble
'03 RS6 Daytona Gray
'01 Allroad
'02 S4
Porsche went for trade in on RS6

Benman
August 4th, 2003, 20:36
nice to hear yet another member is enjoying his car. it only will get better with time:cheers:

Ben:addict:

mklein511
August 4th, 2003, 20:39
I also picked up my RS6 last week. I had been looking at a Maserati, M3, and 911. I was able to pick up a black on black RS6 that someone dropped out on. Just happened to inquire at the right time. Love the power, especially delivered by Quattro. Much more fun than my S4 was. Only thing bothering me is that faint whine. I have heard others say it was the turbo, but it sounds like alternator whine to me. Have fun.

nene
August 5th, 2003, 17:20
Congratulations for sure on your new purchase. Glad to hear it that you are enjoying it quite a bit.

On the 'while' sound, I've realized that it's not always there, or that sometimes is more pronounced then others. Still can't explain it, or as to why it's there only sometimes.
I wish I had more mechanical experience to correctly troubleshoot it.

mklein511
August 5th, 2003, 18:44
I think the engine whine is related to the close proximity of the battery to the rear speakers or because the wiring for the stereo is to close to the battery. I will take a look this weekend. It may be possible to eliminate just by separating wires which are poorly shielded. I let you know if I find a cause/solution.:addict:

2manycars
August 7th, 2003, 18:45
Hi, i am a new RS6 owner in the Princeton area. Got my car yesterday, and so far WOW!!! My wife will be taking the car for the first time tomorrow, and I feel confident that unlike the Porsches I have had she will actually enjoy this car, rather than feeling "beat up" before she gets to work. If there isn't an RS clud here, let's start one.