PDA

View Full Version : Q5 Hybrid, back on track!

AndyBG
January 18th, 2009, 01:42
It seems that Q5 will be getting electro motor, after all...

http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090113.008/q5-hybrid-back-in-audi-product-plan-for-2010

itisme
January 19th, 2009, 16:52
"If you look at what you have to spend to get the advantage of the hybrid and what you have to spend on other technologies like diesel, the diesel is much more cost-effective," Hatz stated. "We have to do hybrids in order to show people that we are able to do them."

so true.. too bad people believe too much in japanese marketing!

several test confirmed, that a well ingeneered Diesel Golf uses less fuel than a Toyota Prius.

Leadfoot
January 19th, 2009, 18:23
It's less a case of it being more economical and more to do with emissions, the Prius will have less harmful toxic gases to cause global warming which I might add is total BS because the amount that cars or us produced has no real effect on the world.

It's just another way to tax us and much us feel bad for enjoying the fruits of or labour.

Toto89
January 19th, 2009, 19:22
My problem with hybrid cars are: why should i use a dumb and boring car instead a high-tech Euro-5 petrol/diesel if all the big industries and transport companies refuse to use renewable power sources? And they emit at least 60% of gases which are responsible for the climate change.

AndyBG
January 20th, 2009, 01:18
...Why? To pay more taxes, as Leadfoot said...

itisme
January 20th, 2009, 10:08
...Why? To pay more taxes, as Leadfoot said...

well you pay more tax once in a year... but every mile you're driving you gain money because your diesel uses less fuel. And trust me, fuel price will race sooner than we'll believe....

hybrid may have an advantage in the city.. but there I better leave my car parked and use public transportation. On the autobahn any advantage is gone. I think hybrid will come to its highest level combined with diesel in 3-4 years, but will soon be gone when E-Cars dominate the market @ about 5 years...

AndyBG
January 20th, 2009, 19:59
yes, but why then they don't start developing and producing diesel hybrids wright now... Its same for them to combine diesel engine with electro engine. like they do with petrol one...

itisme
January 21st, 2009, 12:53
yes, but why then they don't start developing and producing diesel hybrids wright now... Its same for them to combine diesel engine with electro engine. like they do with petrol one...

they do develop them... S-Class soon will be produced with diesel-hybrid

rumors say, s-class will only be hybrid in near future. But it won't be cheap to afford one...

i think my 3-4 years guess was wrong.. let's say the first ones will come in 2010...

I still think hybrid is not economical... heavy, expansive in the construction and expensive to afford in comparision to a well ingeneered Diesel without hybrid.

regarding all energie necessary to produce a hybrid the environmental advantages are nearly gone...

another reason they don't do it as fast as you might like is, that americans don't like diesel, and europeans aren't into the hybrid thing. If there is a huge market for hybrids, they'll develop them faster....

AndyBG
February 2nd, 2009, 21:24
Little bit more...

http://www.leftlanenews.com/back-on-audi-q5-hybrid-set-for-2010-launch.html

chewym
February 3rd, 2009, 00:57
VW just released a press release with a Touareg Hybrid powered by a 333 horsepower 3.0TSI (from S4) with an 8 speed auto. This system will debut on the next gen Touareg. It also look like the Panamera will use this same system.

No reason for Audi not to put this on the next generation Q7 as it should not be too hard. This also means that the next Touareg will have the supercharged V6 instead of the 3.6 VR6. And it's possible Audi will put the 3.0T in the Q7 with its upcoming refresh.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/02/volkswagen-touareg-hybrid-with-supercharged-v6-joining-bluemotio/

The RS6
February 3rd, 2009, 09:52
They should put it in the Q5 too...