PDA

View Full Version : 8/2 NE Audi Event in W. Springfield, MA

Finnus
August 4th, 2003, 13:38
I attended the NE Audi event in Springfield, MA on Saturday (8/2). Nene was also there with his Daytona Beast. Its always nice to put a face to a name. He has a photo of his Beast on another thread.

There were a number of tuners there. After a couple of hours, it was, "OK, what's next???" They need to add something more of interest - drag strip or track event ...

I saw and heard Stratmosphere Tunings' (Rochester, NY area) RS6 (Avus). It sounded gr-gr-great!!!! They've chipped their beast with an O.CT chip and added the Milltek catback system. 500 something HP! :MTM: Looking forward to performance numbers on their Beast! Look for an upcoming article on AudiWorld and an article on their tuned S4 in EuroTuner(?).

Also of note was a 700 HP Stage V (or VI) Porsche Turbo from PES and an 800 HP racing S4 with a single turbocharger!

There wasn't anywhere near the interest in the RS6 at the Audi event that there was at Waterfest. Maybe it was the setup or the humid day ... You would expect more interest at an Audi event than at a primarily VW one ??? But then, there were a lot more people at Waterfest.

I think it would be cool next year at Waterfest to have the full spectrum of colors with different RS6s!

Finnus

:addict: :addict: :addict:

Snow
August 5th, 2003, 19:18
Originally posted by Finnus
You would expect more interest at an Audi event than at a primarily VW one ???

I just didn't get this part. An RS 6 on a event with a 700HP S4, modded RS 6 and a Porsche wouldn't be near the attention that an RS 6 at a VW-meeting would get.

"Daddy, I want to go see the VW Polo instead of the RS 6". Likely? Nope. :D