PDA

View Full Version : Finished with Piano Black Interior Mod!

p3u
January 16th, 2009, 02:15
I got the trim back yesterday and installed, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results! It really transformed the interior to a new level.

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any questions about it! :rs6kiss:

Copper
January 16th, 2009, 02:36
I like it better than the wood but not as much as the carbon fiber.

DuckWingDuck
January 16th, 2009, 03:23
I'm with Copper, definitely better than wood. Certainly the choice to go for. If carbon fibre wasn't available.

Fonzie Audi
January 16th, 2009, 03:29
how scratch resistant is it?

p3u
January 16th, 2009, 04:02
I'm with Copper, definitely better than wood. Certainly the choice to go for. If carbon fibre wasn't available.

Everyone has carbon, I wanted something different and classy.

how scratch resistant is it?

I don't know, I will found out in time! :mech:

DuckWingDuck
January 16th, 2009, 04:07
heh, definitely not knocking your choice! I do like the contrast between the piano and your sandstone/white leather

mmaturo
January 16th, 2009, 05:10
As i said on the other forum (AW as Marknmtt) I think it looks great, very well done and not at all out of character. I have wood as i preferred that over the carbon (as I thought that was overdone in too many high performance cars) but after looking at my wood for 3 1/2 years I think this may be a good alternative for change than changing mine to CF.

DHall1
January 16th, 2009, 05:19
I think it does offer a nice contrast with the silver interior. If there is a good clear coat on the items it should hold up well to normal use.

My Avus/Bla has the carbon fiber and I would never change it.

But, for silver seat cars...this is kinda cool.

I got the trim back yesterday and installed, and I couldn't be more pleased with the results! It really transformed the interior to a new level.

Please let me know what you think, or if you have any questions about it! :rs6kiss:

DuckWingDuck
January 16th, 2009, 06:01
Ya, I think it would have to be this combination for it to work, and it does.

Steveg
January 16th, 2009, 17:24
I think the Piano trim looks very nice indeed.

I just joined this site today and am from London in the UK, so hello to everyone :bye: I have a Black 2003 C5 RS6, Silver leather and was thinking of changing to the Piano trim (currently got the white look). A lot of lesser Audi models over here have the Carbon look trim, so the Paino is more exclusive IMO.

Is it expensive to source, and retrofit?

Great site :)

SteveG

p3u
January 16th, 2009, 17:33
Is it expensive to source, and retrofit?

It only ran me $450 at my local shop. I just removed the wood trim and had them refinish it. I don't think there are actual Piano trim pieces available to purchase.

Animal Mother
January 16th, 2009, 18:33
Much better than wood. puke:

All the greasy finger prints constantly on it would annoy me though.

Went out in an R32 today, it had machine turned trim like this, v. nice in an R32, don't know about a beast though.
http://oempl.us/images/Mk5_Interior_8B4_4Dr.jpg

Yellow RS6
January 16th, 2009, 19:10
I like it! Especially, as others have said, the contrast with the white (er, silver -lol) interior.

stubro
January 16th, 2009, 21:34
I like it but like others I prefer the carbon. Looks great though. One of a kind.

ruckus
January 16th, 2009, 22:10
Looks awesome! I'm sure the pics do not do it justice... I've seen an RS4 with that piano black trim and it really pops. Looks real good with your white interior...

Animal Mother
January 18th, 2009, 11:25
What material are the inlays made from?