PDA

View Full Version : R8 V10 configurations...

KresoF1
January 15th, 2009, 17:30
...from Internal Configurator. I was playing with it today little bit...
BTW, from very reliable source from Press Intro in Spain-standard wheels on R8 V10 are big no, no. They are polished... So, 19" Titaniums for me.

I was supriesed with my favourite combos so far. All with Carbon Sigma side blades(just stupid Configurator stil shows blades from R8 V8...) and Titanium 19". Here they are:
7Y7Y Aventurin Blue Pearl Effect

and

4U4U Teak Brown Metallic

Aventurin is simply awsome. Classy blue-grey color which looks way better then Daytona Grey IMHO. Teak is well... It looks good, for me at least...

KresoF1
January 15th, 2009, 17:35
RXBG,
Since both of us are interested in Apollo Silver Metallic I used Quartz Grey Metallic to see how will it go...

Q4Q4 Quartz Grey Metallic

Not bad, just I am not feeling it...

KresoF1
January 15th, 2009, 18:17
More extreme choices:

3F3F Solar Orange
6L6L Bahia Beige Pearl Effect
8M8M Platana Green Metallic
6P6P Canyon Red Pearl Effect

KresoF1
January 15th, 2009, 18:20
Nice colors IMHO:

4H4H Venetian Violett Pearl Effect
X5X5 Meteor Grey Pearl Effect
8C8C Black Cherry Pearl Effect

hdtomi
January 15th, 2009, 22:17
E9E9 Sepangblau with sideblade Carbon Sigma
:R8kiss:

wedouglas
January 15th, 2009, 23:11
I think you're better off just getting an exclusive color. The cost for exclusive is only 2900, so only about 2000 more than a premium color.

RXBG
January 16th, 2009, 01:41
...from Internal Configurator. I was playing with it today little bit...
BTW, from very reliable source from Press Intro in Spain-standard wheels on R8 V10 are big no, no. They are polished... So, 19" Titaniums for me.

I was supriesed with my favourite combos so far. All with Carbon Sigma side blades(just stupid Configurator stil shows blades from R8 V8...) and Titanium 19". Here they are:

and

4U4U Teak Brown Metallic

Aventurin is simply awsome. Classy blue-grey color which looks way better then Daytona Grey IMHO. Teak is well... It looks good, for me at least...

i would LOVE to see the aventurin in a real pic? do we have any? Qisha or someone????? :dance:

R8 England
January 16th, 2009, 02:57
Good find Kreso !!!

My German is none to good, so I have not had too much luck doing special options on the configurator.

Could you possibly post a sepang car with an apollo sideblade ???

(I can see hdtomi has posted a similar car, but do not know which silver/grey was used).

I am looking for a dark silver or grey to offset the dark blue - I think apollo is darker than ice silver or quartz grey. Advice please !!!

I've just put my order in, so need to clarify with sideblade I'm using in the next few days.

Thanks.

The RS6
January 16th, 2009, 07:18
Aventurin would be my choice just by looking at the pictures! Sepang would be the second choice! I've never liked blue cars, but these are awesome!

Kreso, which one would (will) you pick? :)

Qisha
January 16th, 2009, 07:28
i would LOVE to see the aventurin in a real pic? do we have any? Qisha or someone????? :dance:

Dear RXBG,

here you go. Aventurinblue Pearl is a color option on the faceliftet A6.

Qisha

KresoF1
January 16th, 2009, 08:13
Aventurin looks just as on pics that Qisha posted BUT, in sunlight conditions it looks little bit lighter. Most of these pics are taken indoor on cloudy day...

My final choice will be either Aventurin Blue Pearl Effect or Apollo Silver Metallic. Need to see them both in person on both cloudy weather or nice sunny day...

R8 England,
Sepang Blue is nice also but, I would go for Carbon Sigma side blades, specially if you also order Carbon Sigma interior trim and engine bay.

Apollo Silver blades for Sepang? Not bad-just Sepang is Pearl Effect color and Apollo is metallic. Check out Avus Silver Pearl Effect as a potential solution as well. Go to your local dealer and ask him about small metal plates with color samples. In R8 package you will find Apollo(on Ice silver plate) and compare it with Sepang. Then take Avus Silver(from A8 sample package for example). There is a small purple hint in both Sepang and Avus so, they could match nicelly.
Also, you could order Piano Black interior trim if you did not order Carbon...

Here is Sepang car with Titanium 19" to give you some clue...

R8 England
January 16th, 2009, 12:19
Many thanks Kreso !

I will do. My RS4 is Avus silver, and I will borrow the dealer swatches. You may well be right that a pearl effect is better than a metallic for this combination. Good point about the purple hint.

I did consider carbon, both for my V8 and v10. However, having seen another sprint blue car in UK with carbon, I preferred the silver/grey contrast. Just down to personal taste.......

HKS786
January 16th, 2009, 15:40
Hold on everyone...where are the larger side vents on the side-blade???

KresoF1
January 16th, 2009, 16:27
Hold on everyone...where are the larger side vents on the side-blade???

You did not read my first post apparently in this thread???

Configurator is somehow "Fuc.d up"... Since side blades are still in R8 4.2 design...

HKS786
January 16th, 2009, 16:49
You did not read my first post apparently in this thread???

Configurator is somehow "Fuc.d up"... Since side blades are still in R8 4.2 design...

My bad. I skimmed through your post and missed it. Thanks for posting.

KresoF1
January 16th, 2009, 20:19
Since many of you like bigger pics here are few from Configurator in bigger size...

4U4U Teak Brown Metallic

andreadebi
January 17th, 2009, 13:52
the 19" r8 v10 standard wheels are also optional for r8 v8?
I like everyday more the look of standard v10 wheels

KresoF1
January 18th, 2009, 20:55
NO. Standard 19" partially polished R8 V10 wheels are not an option for R8 V8. Actually, I am not impressed at all with them...