PDA

View Full Version : First C6 sedan on Australian soil

waldo
January 14th, 2009, 22:34
Hi there!

I think this is my first post....

My dealer rang me yesterday to let me know my RS6 had arrived.

He was good enough to take some photos of her and email them to me.

I will take delivery sometime next week.

I will be having the ECU played with as I know the owner of a chip company and he has the mapping already. In fact he showed me the graph of the torque limiting that goes on and there is plenty!

Enjoy!

Waldo

Hy Octane
January 14th, 2009, 23:38
Good luck getting it fixed..

DuckWingDuck
January 14th, 2009, 23:44
Damn, the sedan is already available? Talk about a quiet launch....

DHall1
January 15th, 2009, 01:14
That is the first Avus C6 sedan I have seen. Wow, I like it.

Good luck with the new car. Its going to be fun.

Cheers,

Dave
03 RS Avus/Bla
03 E55 Platinum/Bla
Over 900hp just in one of my garages. Priceless!

Hi there!

I think this is my first post....

My dealer rang me yesterday to let me know my RS6 had arrived.

He was good enough to take some photos of her and email them to me.

I will take delivery sometime next week.

I will be having the ECU played with as I know the owner of a chip company and he has the mapping already. In fact he showed me the graph of the torque limiting that goes on and there is plenty!

Enjoy!

Waldo

Daniel
January 15th, 2009, 01:24
nice car ! have fun !!!

mmaturo
January 15th, 2009, 04:37
That is the first Avus C6 sedan I have seen. Wow, I like it.

Good luck with the new car. Its going to be fun.

Cheers,

Dave
03 RS Avus/Bla
03 E55 Platinum/Bla
Over 900hp just in one of my garages. Priceless!

Looks like Daytona Gray to me...come on Audi at least give us a chance to buy it... I would love to upgrade in a year or two. Congrats on the car, its looks awesome.

waldo
January 15th, 2009, 06:03
The car is in Daytona Grey.

This new car is replacing a BMW E60 M5, so it will be interesting to see how much different a car it is to drive.

I had a new Avant for a week on loan to try from Audi about two months ago and it was very nice to drive. Completely different to the BMW.

I actually thought it was not all that engaging, being an auto I suppose is where that comes from.

However with the sedan weighing in a little less and from what i have read a little more dynamic chassis, not doubt due to lower weigh and i gather shorter wheelbase. Coupled with the ECU fettling we are going to have i am counting on it being a real blast.

The kids have christened her the 'Beast' already - which is cute I think.

Well if it proves a little boring I can always hop into my LS7 powered M3 for some fun!

Anyway thanx for the interest

Waldo

p.s. the comment by the poster re have fun fixing it, I assume was driven by the belief that I would fully unleash the engine.....well i have a bit more intelligence! - we will probably raise the torque to 750nm from the standard 650nm and leave it flat from 1,500 - 6,500 rpm as is the case stock. As for power probably raise from 426kws to 500kws

DHall1
January 15th, 2009, 06:10
Yep, I did take a closer look at the pics. They are quite bright. Daytona it is. Still looks great.

I think the quote about good luck fixing stems from Audi and the lack of proper trained techs to deal with our US spec C5. Hy Octane has a well documented list of repeat failures and botched US Audi repairs to his beast. With your car being even more rare down under. The chances of Audi getting things fixed drops like a rock.

Yeeks

The car is in Daytona Grey.

This new car is replacing a BMW E60 M5, so it will be interesting to see how much different a car it is to drive.

I had a new Avant for a week on loan to try from Audi about two months ago and it was very nice to drive. Completely different to the BMW.

I actually thought it was not all that engaging, being an auto I suppose is where that comes from.

However with the sedan weighing in a little less and from what i have read a little more dynamic chassis, not doubt due to lower weigh and i gather shorter wheelbase. Coupled with the ECU fettling we are going to have i am counting on it being a real blast.

The kids have christened her the 'Beast' already - which is cute I think.

Well if it proves a little boring I can always hop into my LS7 powered M3 for some fun!

Anyway thanx for the interest

Waldo

p.s. the comment by the poster re have fun fixing it, I assume was driven by the belief that I would fully unleash the engine.....well i have a bit more intelligence! - we will probably raise the torque to 750nm from the standard 650nm and leave it flat from 1,500 - 6,500 rpm as is the case stock. As for power probably raise from 426kws to 500kws

waldo
January 15th, 2009, 06:32
ok I understand now re getting it fixed

Audi have really lifted their game in Australia and as a consequence I have switch from being a die hard BMW fan to Audi

In fact in the next couple of months, the missus' X5 4.8 (one and a half years old) is make way for a new Q7 4.2 diesel

On the matter of fuel and octane rating, we are fortunate enough to be able to buy 98 octane rated pretty much everywhere and some places have 100.

As for customer service, Audi have invited my family to several concerts in their corporate box Acer arena (most decent concerts in Sydney are played there) and we are also going to the Top Gear show early Feb too

Nothing is ever a problem.......as for BMW and customer service.....they would not know if a bus drove up their arse until people started getting out! (trust you can all see the funny side of that and I don't get a blast from the moderator!)

Not sure if I am going to touch the suspension or exhuast. On the M5 Iad it lowered 30mm at the front and 25mm at the rear and had 15mm spacers fitted all 'round and it made the car look fantastic. On this car I might leave it all stock except for the giddy-up department

Cherio for now,

Waldo

Erik
January 15th, 2009, 08:14
waldo,

The car looks great and I just love the fact we've got RS6 around the planet on this forum.

Thanks for posting and please let us know your feelings with the RS6 vs. M5 - I'm sure I'm note the only one interested.

bodni98
January 15th, 2009, 13:15
Beautiful! How much is that beast in Australia? I read somewhere in the magazine that it's supposed to be marketed in Europe for around 100,000 Euros!

Mockenrue
January 15th, 2009, 13:37
That looks stunning. :bow: Proper colour, proper wheels and no silly black optics. Congratulations - and enjoy! :incar: :thumb:

Hy Octane
January 15th, 2009, 19:16
Yes. Sorry if that was taken wrong. I dont mean to scare you, just hoping that you dont suffer from 'lack of product knowledge' as we have here when going in for services etc. Congrats and Enjoy!

2jm
January 15th, 2009, 21:34
Beautiful! How much is that beast in Australia? I read somewhere in the magazine that it's supposed to be marketed in Europe for around 100,000 Euros!

In Finland it's whopping 220000euros for avant and 217000e for sedan, and the bucket seats aren't even available. No wonder they are having troubles finding buyers.

:doh:

///Marco.it
January 15th, 2009, 22:01
Yep, Italy is at this level. If you go with a little bit of options you can easy end up at € 120.000.

waldo
January 15th, 2009, 22:23
in Australia it is the equivalent of 140,000 euro's

bodni98
January 15th, 2009, 22:30
Congrats! You work hard and you deserve the best toys you can afford!

waldo
January 17th, 2009, 23:29
a few more photos from the dealer......

enjoy!

Dave

roadrunner
January 18th, 2009, 11:02
just stunning, especially the 1st two pics.

It does look good on australian soil :cheers:

Vorsprung
January 21st, 2009, 01:56
a few more photos from the dealer......

enjoy!

Dave

Great pics of the car at Bondi beach, Waldo :addict:

So have you taken delivery of the beast yet? If so, whats your impressions so far??

waldo
January 21st, 2009, 12:30
have not taken delivery as yet, as we (family) have been on holidays at Blueys Beach, just chilling out

btw the photos were taken near Newcastle and not Bondi (Sydney) or at least I hope so as i am taking del from the Newcastle dealership and given the drive to Bondi would be 100km's then heads would roll!

anyway I expect to take delivery in the next few days but i am not concerned as i have a few other things going on at the moment and THE BEAST MUST WAIT!!!!

waldo
February 2nd, 2009, 10:14
well I have taken delivery of the new RS6

compared to the E60 M5, it really is a different driving experience

I am sure the BMW would be able to keep up at certain speed ranges and maybe in the twisty stuff, but put a bit of water on the road and the whole battle falls the RS6's way

All you have to do is extend your right foot and woosh - in the M5 you need everything dialled in for max attack, which becomes rather bothersome and abusive to the drivetrain, not to mention those in the cabin think a bomb has gone on in the boot everytime you change up

In the real world the RS6 is so accomplished that is really shunts the SMG BMW back into where it came - namely four years ago, when SMG was it (if it ever was that is).

The auto in the RS6 is very fast and intuitive. If you wanted trundle around town, just select D, if you want to have some spirited driving select S, if you wanted ballistic, go manual

On anything above one third throttle there is a wonderful boom from the exhaust as the electronics retard the engine just for a millisecond to allow for the super quick gear change

What really is amazing is the torque and how low it comes on stream. You can really feel it well up from 1,500 rpms - so leisurely overtaking can be done by just squeezing the accelerato slightly without the gearbox changing and relying the on wall of torque to push you past

Well, I have also booked in for the chip upgrade and my mate who owns the company has shown me the dyno graphs and we are going to get 518kws (up from 426 stock) and 818nm (fairly flat from 1,500 to 6,500) up from 610nm stock - i think that should see off most of the opposition!

anyway, i will have fun playing with the beast!

cheers for now,

Waldo (Dave)

khello
February 2nd, 2009, 11:00
hi waldo,
Congrats on the beast! Im across the ditch in NZ. Ive been on the hunt for tuning options here and its slim pickings so far.
what sort of chip are you getting? and which company is doing it for you? Also what kind of warranty do you have and how will chipping effect it?
Very interested on your results with the chip. Please do lets us all know
Cheers

Well, I have also booked in for the chip upgrade and my mate who owns the company has shown me the dyno graphs and we are going to get 518kws (up from 426 stock) and 818nm (fairly flat from 1,500 to 6,500) up from 610nm stock - i think that should see off most of the opposition!

ZCD2.7T
February 2nd, 2009, 18:37
well I have taken delivery of the new RS6

compared to the E60 M5, it really is a different driving experience

anyway, i will have fun playing with the beast!

cheers for now,

Waldo (Dave)

I'm sure that I'm not the only one here who would like to read more of your thoughts of C6RS6 vs. E60M5, so feel free to comment (or blast) away any time.

One thing to note: I can't imagine that your RS is broken in as yet. Audis seem to have a particularly tight feeling engine-wise when new, but when they get really run in (variously reported as being between 1500 miles and 5000 miles) watch the fun re-start in earnest.

Congrats on your new ride!

waldo
February 2nd, 2009, 21:37
hi waldo,
Congrats on the beast! Im across the ditch in NZ. Ive been on the hunt for tuning options here and its slim pickings so far.
what sort of chip are you getting? and which company is doing it for you? Also what kind of warranty do you have and how will chipping effect it?
Very interested on your results with the chip. Please do lets us all know
Cheers

gidday khello,

contact Powerchip by looking them up at www.powerchip.com.au (http://www.powerchip.com.au)

speak to Ben

Ciao

Dave

I will pm you with my contact details, feel free to call, ask for David