PDA

View Full Version : There was tears

chairman2300
January 13th, 2009, 15:46
I walk out this AM to start my car, same as every morning lately. Minneapolis weather this time of year sucks. I pull my beloved into the street so I can snow blow the driveway(5" last night). The whole time surveying to make sure the city plow was already thru. Upon completion, I go in the house and continue my AM routine. When I return outside I realize I forgot to leave the car running(so cold -18). I go to start it and every light in the heads up panel starts flashing and the motor sounds like it has rocks in it. I immeidiatly shut it down and notice my hood is higher then normal. WHAT THE FUCK! I survey and see that someone has hit my front end. Upon further inspection I see frozen windshield washer fluid and coolant under the car of my dreams! by process of elimination and level of impact I believe it was the city plow coming back to clock extra hours or the neighbors over extended private plow company. Among my many worries is the motor not to metion the fact of the frame. Sorry this went so long, I needed an outlet. The wife just doesnt understand how much a kick in the nuts this is. "Its just a car, we can get it fixed." How far from the truth that is.

Erik
January 13th, 2009, 16:11
Ouch! Sorry to hear that.

Copper
January 13th, 2009, 16:30
Oh man. Souns like the city will be paying for a new RS6!

formula1man
January 13th, 2009, 17:32
I think that the city might need to include therapy sessions as well. Very sorry to hear about the injury to a major part of your family.

Boosted-Bora
January 13th, 2009, 18:23
Sorry Bro That Sucks

chairman2300
January 13th, 2009, 18:31
Thanks guys. I will keep everyone posted as to final verdict

DuckWingDuck
January 13th, 2009, 18:58
damn, sorry to hear that. hope everything gets resolved smoothly!

MalcolmS
January 13th, 2009, 20:05
ouch! let's hope you can prove/catch the culprits

vangelis
January 13th, 2009, 21:29
Ohh,, soo sorry to hear that man ,, will be praying for u.

p3u
January 13th, 2009, 21:40
Sorry to hear that. Could you post some pics of the damage?

Again, sorry to hear something like that happen.:cry:

mdk
January 14th, 2009, 05:08
That sucks! :noshake:
Did you find out who is paying for the damage?

DHall1
January 14th, 2009, 05:33
So sorry to hear this news. How long did the car sit on the street? Can you post a pic of the damage. By level of impact...you must mean it was hit very high. This could be a very expensive repair due to the expensive components on the front of our cars. Yeeks.

I walk out this AM to start my car, same as every morning lately. Minneapolis weather this time of year sucks. I pull my beloved into the street so I can snow blow the driveway(5" last night). The whole time surveying to make sure the city plow was already thru. Upon completion, I go in the house and continue my AM routine. When I return outside I realize I forgot to leave the car running(so cold -18). I go to start it and every light in the heads up panel starts flashing and the motor sounds like it has rocks in it. I immeidiatly shut it down and notice my hood is higher then normal. WHAT THE FUCK! I survey and see that someone has hit my front end. Upon further inspection I see frozen windshield washer fluid and coolant under the car of my dreams! by process of elimination and level of impact I believe it was the city plow coming back to clock extra hours or the neighbors over extended private plow company. Among my many worries is the motor not to metion the fact of the frame. Sorry this went so long, I needed an outlet. The wife just doesnt understand how much a kick in the nuts this is. "Its just a car, we can get it fixed." How far from the truth that is.

chairman2300
January 14th, 2009, 18:44
My insurance is the one who is paying since nobody steped up to the plate on fault. This morning i received the call from the body shop. they said they want my insurance company to come out again before they proceed. What ever that means, YIKES!

V8weight
January 15th, 2009, 01:50
Just out of curiosity, which shop in the twin cities is your car at? I work at a shop in Woodbury. What is your insurance company if I can ask? I'm an I-car platinum certified technician, let me know if you have any question throughout the repair process, I'd be happy to help. This is a tragedy, be prepared for a long wait, (parts delays)

AndyBG
January 15th, 2009, 11:00
Someone needs to be ''processed'' for this kind of stupidity!

chairman2300
January 15th, 2009, 16:03
The car is at LaMettry's in Eden Prairie. That is who Carousel Audi recomnended. They said they send all Audi body work there. My insurance company is Progressive. V8weight- I wish I knew you were a local member before, i would have asked alot of questions. I do appreciate the offer, I will take you up on that. I did stress only OEM parts and an update daily.

Aronis
January 16th, 2009, 01:59
The Fine Art of Hit and Run still alive and well.

Sorry to hear your bad news. Good luck with the repair.

PS...park your wife's car in the street next time and see if her attitude is any different when her's gets hit.

Mike

Rutkowsky
January 16th, 2009, 10:54
Sorry to hear of your troubles! 2 years ago, i had a similar situation where a car hit my M3 and run.. i feel for you!

V8weight
January 16th, 2009, 22:53
The car is at LaMettry's in Eden Prairie. That is who Carousel Audi recomnended. They said they send all Audi body work there. My insurance company is Progressive. V8weight- I wish I knew you were a local member before, i would have asked alot of questions. I do appreciate the offer, I will take you up on that. I did stress only OEM parts and an update daily.
I'm glad to hear your car is in good hands. Even as a competitor, I have nothing negative to say about LaMettry's. In fact I think they are the only shop in the twin cities certified for A8 structual repair. Sorry to hear you have progressive though. They are such a terrible co. to deal with from a shop standpoint. I'm sure the estimator will get everything worked out.