PDA

View Full Version : What is this blanking plate for?

Animal Mother
January 12th, 2009, 19:50
BLANK --- ESP button --- Parking sensor button (?)

What replaces the BLANK?

http://pictures.autotrader.co.uk/imgser-uk/servlet/media?id=848036370

vangelis
January 12th, 2009, 20:04
I believe this should be for rear sunshade sliding if you have that option.

http://i33.tinypic.com/9pu80z.jpg

Animal Mother
January 12th, 2009, 20:11
Brilliant, thanks. :thumb:

Daniel
January 12th, 2009, 20:48
only for the limo...

Animal Mother
January 12th, 2009, 20:56
Does it replace anything for the avant then?

If not, I'd replace with this:
http://oempl.us/images/B6-B7_Funk_Switch.jpg

Daniel
January 12th, 2009, 21:20
what is funk ? what did you do ?

Animal Mother
January 12th, 2009, 21:53
I was initially wondering what the blanking switch was for.

I then remembered you can get an OEM "Funk" switch for Audis which is used by the police etc for a radio switch.

I just thought it would be really cool to install in the RS6 (which I don't own yet) to power something like...... erm......NO2??? :bow:

Funk is German for radio.

Funk in English =

–noun
1. cowering fear; state of great fright or terror.:hahahehe:
2. a dejected mood: He's been in a funk ever since she walked out on him.
–verb (used with object)
3. to be afraid of.
4. to frighten.
5. to shrink from; try to shirk.
–verb (used without object)
6. to shrink or quail in fear.

Daniel
January 12th, 2009, 21:59
what do you powering with this button ?

Animal Mother
January 12th, 2009, 22:05
I haven't installed this switch. I don't even own an RS6 (yet).

This may help (or not).

Wunderte ich zuerst, mich was der löschenschalter für war. Ich erinnerte dann, dass mich Sie ein Soem " erhalten können; Funk" schalten Sie für Audis, das von der Polizei usw. für einen Radioschalter verwendet wird. Ich dachte gerade, dass es wirklich kühl sein würde, in das RS6 (das anzubringen I don' t besitzen dennoch) um etwas wie anzutreiben NO2.

Did that make sense, I bet not.:doh:

KfabR8
January 12th, 2009, 23:04
what do you powering with this button ?The passenger ejection seat.

I need one of these buttons... :dance:

aussie rs6
January 13th, 2009, 14:09
suggest blank switch best used for turning on and off the radar/laser jammer, for those countries where they are illegal, if transmitting!

If officer comes over to your window and asks "are you jamming, oh great and wise audi RS6 driver?"

you can reply, "I do have jammer installed, but it is turned off officer as I am driving on a public road, as illegal to transmit, as you know"

then duck your head!!!

preferred method is to use jammer and when you detect laser/radar at revenue raising speed trap, immediately slow down and turn off jammer so officer cannot detect it with his radar /laser jammer detector!!

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

Animal Mother
January 13th, 2009, 17:37
suggest blank switch best used for turning on and off the radar/laser jammer, for those countries where they are illegal, if transmitting!

If officer comes over to your window and asks "are you jamming, oh great and wise audi RS6 driver?"

you can reply, "I do have jammer installed, but it is turned off officer as I am driving on a public road, as illegal to transmit, as you know"

then duck your head!!!

preferred method is to use jammer and when you detect laser/radar at revenue raising speed trap, immediately slow down and turn off jammer so officer cannot detect it with his radar /laser jammer detector!!

:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

OR, you could just fit disco lights, smoke machine and a mirror ball which all come on when you press the "FUNK" button.:lovl:

Phage
January 13th, 2009, 18:48
OR, you could just fit disco lights, smoke machine and a mirror ball which all come on when you press the "FUNK" button.:lovl:

My thoughts exactly :jlol: :dig: