PDA

View Full Version : RS6 spare tire. Where to get one?

kingofnyc22
January 11th, 2009, 22:56
Looking for rs6 spare wheel. Any one is selling one, or knows where to get one. Need it soon.

vangelis
January 11th, 2009, 22:58
We don't have any spare wheel at RS6!! at least me. I think most of RS6 does not come with spare wheel.

kingofnyc22
January 11th, 2009, 23:05
We don't have any spare wheel at RS6!! at least me. I think most of RS6 does not come with spare wheel.

looking for one from 2003 rs6. it comes with colapsable 18" spare wheel that you need to inflate. Also interested in the pump.

DuckWingDuck
January 11th, 2009, 23:09
Ya, the collapsable joint that's in the trunk. I was thinking about getting rid of mine but thank god I didn't! Try to look on ebay? Worst case scenario, hit the dealer, can't imagine it'd be that expensive.....

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2009, 01:40
Maybe all RS6's didn't come with the spare? I know U.S. models came with the space saver. Did Euro cars come with it? I think the Euro Avante's came with the battery in the spare compartment, how about the Sedan's?

DHall1
January 12th, 2009, 02:26
I dont think the RS6 euros had spares. They have the battery down in the rear tire compartment. The best setup. IMHO

Our E55 AMG (wifes ride) does not have a spare tire. AMG designed it that way with the battery in the back down in the tire compartment. There is a pump and a can of Benz seal a flat that have never been used. Trust me, if my wife ever gets a flat tire....I will eat crow for a month. :mech: She about had a fit when I told her that her car didnt have a spare tire. Doh

Maybe all RS6's didn't come with the spare? I know U.S. models came with the space saver. Did Euro cars come with it? I think the Euro Avante's came with the battery in the spare compartment, how about the Sedan's?

kingofnyc22
January 12th, 2009, 03:15
If you dont have a spare what would you do in case of a flat? I did use my spare 2 times in past 6 month. i would love to relocate my battery to the back and save weight, but not shure if that would be the right thing to do.

DuckWingDuck
January 12th, 2009, 03:43
your battery is already in the trunk, just not behind the rear axle.. But ya, that spare saved me the last time we went out to Julian with SCC Audi!

DHall1
January 12th, 2009, 04:10
I have not used a spare in 30 years.

Regular maint is key to ensure you dont run into problems.

Just today...I washed and cleaned up the :addict: . After pulling into the garage and cleaning all the door jambs, under the hood and trunk....I proceeded to get the creeper out along with the maglite and take a roll around under the car. You need the maglite to get a clear view of all the nooks and crannys under the car.

DRC....check/amazing the shock arent leaking yet. This thing rides super and is on rails thanks to the Hotchkis sways.
Tires...check
Under covers....check
control arm bushings....check
sway bar bushings lubed....check
oil leaks.....check/none
fluid leaks....check/none
brake pads...check/getting close on the front/man this thing eats pads.

I think you get the idea. Own the maint and mechanics on your vehicles and they will treat you with good service. Now I will not get rid of the spare in the :addict: for now. Mostly because moving the battery and box will leave a big empty blank in the rear carpet. Our AMG will not see a spare and I better keep an eye on that car or my ass is grass. Haha

If you dont have a spare what would you do in case of a flat? I did use my spare 2 times in past 6 month. i would love to relocate my battery to the back and save weight, but not shure if that would be the right thing to do.

snoopra
January 12th, 2009, 04:23
DHall1, I'm thinknig of doing a complete battery relocation mod, carpet and all. Doing some research on parts.

DuckWingDuck
January 12th, 2009, 04:51
Dave, well, you do have a good point there, I mean, my tire didn't blow just because, it blew because of mechanic issues, but still. You never know and even though most of the time we can just call AAA or Audi Roadside Service, there are still times when it's just easier to have a spare.

hahnmgh63
January 12th, 2009, 05:41
Hey guys, not all RS6 sedans have the battery in the trunk. U.S. models have it there but some ROW cars have it in the same place as the A6's, up behind the firewall. I know some if not all Avant's have it in the spare tire well from the factory, I've seen it in Germany. I don't know why Audi didn't put the battery in all Sedans in the trunk. Guess they thought some people would have rather had a little more trunk space than better weight distribution.

kingofnyc22
January 29th, 2009, 04:33
Still looking for a spare.

p3u
January 29th, 2009, 05:14
Where are you located BTW?

kingofnyc22
January 29th, 2009, 18:54
Im in ny. Will pay for shiping. I will email the lable. So just need to pack and drop it off.

p3u
January 29th, 2009, 19:33
Make an offer, mine has never been used!

Anyone know what they go for from the dealer?

kingofnyc22
January 29th, 2009, 22:15
How about $250 and i pay for shiping.