PDA

View Full Version : IPT performance transmission - Group Buy

vangelis
January 10th, 2009, 12:29
Guys, we need to know if any one interested in rebuilding the transmission by IPT performance transmissions,, they build high stall torque converters, modified valve bodies, and rebuild kits.

Here is the link for the website http://www.importperformancetrans.com/index.shtml

Please let us know who is interested to arrange for a good group buy price.

hahnmgh63
January 10th, 2009, 17:51
I would like to sometime in the next year but not right away as I have a couple other car projects going.

Boosted-Bora
January 10th, 2009, 18:10
hmm I thought a lot more people would be interested

vangelis
January 10th, 2009, 18:50
hmm I thought a lot more people would be interested

Hi Drew,, same here ,,lets wait sometime and see .. maybe some will join soon.

I'm planning to ship the trans to USA for full rebuild as I could not find a good workshop to do this over here. So I need to get the price of full bulletproof tranny shipped back to UAE. I will pay the shipping up to USA. Thanks bro.

DuckWingDuck
January 10th, 2009, 19:49
what's the total cost of this project?

vangelis
January 10th, 2009, 19:54
what's the total cost of this project?

Drew in direct contact with them to get a very good discount for a group buy. So, as of right now the price is $4900 for TQ Converter, Valve Body, seals, Clutch packs,cryo treated input shaft,splines are heat treated,seals and a ton of revision to the trans. The more people we get the cheaper it gets.

Normal price is

4650.00 for trans build
695.00 for TQ converter
100-180 for shipping

so about 5500 normally

Boosted-Bora
January 10th, 2009, 20:07
I have already spoken to IPT and explained to them we will be doing this and that I will give it about a week or so to get a headcount then we will figure out the actual discount I believe if we get enough people we could get as much as 20% off

DHall1
January 10th, 2009, 20:16
I dont think there will be any folks to join.

My logic here is this. Unless you have a blown up transmission currently there is little interest here. The work involved in taking our engine/transmissions out and then sending the transmission to IPT is a huge job. $$$$$

Then there is the group here that just drive thier cars normally and also have lock tight extended warranties.... (myself in this group) these folks have no need for IPT. I could care less if my transmission were to blow up at any time over the next 6 years. Heck, it could blow up 3 times and I wouldnt care. One call to Fidelity and they can pony up to the plate.

I feel for Vangelis and think he should let Audi put a new Audi trans in and forget about it. But, thats my opinion. The shipping time back and forth will not make his dealer happy because the car will be sitting there taking space in the shop on a lift.

Drew in direct contact with them to get a very good discount for a group buy. So, as of right now the price is $4900 for TQ Converter, Valve Body, seals, Clutch packs,cryo treated input shaft,splines are heat treated,seals and a ton of revision to the trans. The more people we get the cheaper it gets.

Normal price is

4650.00 for trans build
695.00 for TQ converter
100-180 for shipping

so about 5500 normally

vangelis
January 10th, 2009, 20:25
I dont think there will be any folks to join.

My logic here is this. Unless you have a blown up transmission currently there is little interest here. The work involved in taking our engine/transmissions out and then sending the transmission to IPT is a huge job. $$$$$

Then there is the group here that just drive thier cars normally and also have lock tight extended warranties.... (myself in this group) these folks have no need for IPT. I could care less if my transmission were to blow up at any time over the next 6 years. Heck, it could blow up 3 times and I wouldnt care. One call to Fidelity and they can pony up to the plate.

I feel for Vangelis and think he should let Audi put a new Audi trans in and forget about it. But, thats my opinion. The shipping time back and forth will not make his dealer happy because the car will be sitting there taking space in the shop on a lift.

actually the option to get a new tranny from Audi is VERY expensive (around $10k) and the sametime will be taken as the dealer will request a new one from germany which will take around 2 weeks to come here. option 2: pulling the tranny out and ship it to IPT will take a week to reach them at USA and a 3-5 working days for full rebuild and a week to be received back in UAE, so total around 3 weeks. Since i have a connections (friends) at Audi dealer here, they don't mind to keep the car there even for a month, and they are the one who will do the pulling out and install the trans back to the car and test it. So, its a good option to go for and less cost i guess ,, $4900 for rebuild or less if we got more ppl (not sure if that include the shipping back to UAE, plz confirm Drew, since they mention at the website "FREE SHIPPING on Complete Transmissions for a Limited Time, Call for Details!") plus the shipping from UAE to USA which is $800 by Fedex.

DHall1
January 10th, 2009, 20:34
If the best Audi will do for you is $10k and the dealer will leave your car on the lift for 3+ weeks. Go for it. I would do the IPT under those conditions.

Audi should pay much more for the repair and I would also push for more coverage to go the Audi trans route. But if no go...then go IPT.

Good luck.

actually the option to get a new tranny from Audi is VERY expensive (around $10k) and the sametime will be taken as the dealer will request a new one from germany which will take around 2 weeks to come here. option 2: pulling the tranny out and ship it to IPT will take a week to reach them at USA and a 3-5 working days for full rebuild and a week to be received back in UAE, so total around 3 weeks. Since i have a connections (friends) at Audi dealer here, they don't mind to keep the car there even for a month, and they are the one who will do the pulling out and install the trans back to the car and test it. So, its a good option to go for and less cost i guess ,, $4900 for rebuild or less if we got more ppl (not sure if that include the shipping back to UAE, plz confirm Drew, since they mention at the website "FREE SHIPPING on Complete Transmissions for a Limited Time, Call for Details!") plus the shipping from UAE to USA which is $800 by Fedex.

Boosted-Bora
January 10th, 2009, 21:32
I will confirm the shipping and total cost on Monday for you as far as Audi Transmissions go they are junk IMHO I am only making 450whp and the trans is slipping already in a performance car is sad I LOVE Audi but there trans are trash even when the S5 came out the transs were blowing u...under warranty or not that is an inconvenience. Well im done with my rant now

vangelis
January 10th, 2009, 22:22
I will confirm the shipping and total cost on Monday for you as far as Audi Transmissions go they are junk IMHO I am only making 450whp and the trans is slipping already in a performance car is sad I LOVE Audi but there trans are trash even when the S5 came out the transs were blowing u...under warranty or not that is an inconvenience. Well im done with my rant now

Thanks Drew,,please ensure the price for me including the rebuild and shipping to UAE - Abu Dhabi city.

I have a question also about IPT,, when I was checking the same job at level ten they give you a document form to fill it with your requirments including (current BHP & Torque and required torque which trans can hold in case u planning for upgrade in future). Does IPT do the same? This rebuild job we will do,, after that what is the max BHP & Torque can trans manage without any problem??

Boosted-Bora
January 11th, 2009, 00:23
Thanks Drew,,please ensure the price for me including the rebuild and shipping to UAE - Abu Dhabi city.

I have a question also about IPT,, when I was checking the same job at level ten they give you a document form to fill it with your requirments including (current BHP & Torque and required torque which trans can hold in case u planning for upgrade in future). Does IPT do the same? This rebuild job we will do,, after that what is the max BHP & Torque can trans manage without any problem??

it is similar with IPT just a different process and the thing about level 10 is that they will charge more for your car to hold more power but IPT does what ever you want and i believe there basic build for the RS6 acn Hold 700-800 lbs Ft of TQ I will be sure to get all info for you and will get back to you on monday.

Cheers,Drew

vangelis
January 11th, 2009, 02:18
it is similar with IPT just a different process and the thing about level 10 is that they will charge more for your car to hold more power but IPT does what ever you want and i believe there basic build for the RS6 acn Hold 700-800 lbs Ft of TQ I will be sure to get all info for you and will get back to you on monday.

Cheers,Drew

Great ,, thanks a lot Drew. :)

Mr Balsen
January 11th, 2009, 10:54

Normal price is

4650.00 for trans build
695.00 for TQ converter
100-180 for shipping

so about 5500 normally

Sorry to ask a very stupid question: but do you need to send your broken gearbox to IPT ? Or you are byuing a ready-to-bolt-on new gearbox ? or new parts to replace the broken ones ?

Frederic

vangelis
January 11th, 2009, 11:17
Sorry to ask a very stupid question: but do you need to send your broken gearbox to IPT ? Or you are byuing a ready-to-bolt-on new gearbox ? or new parts to replace the broken ones ?

Frederic

the above price is for rebuild your transmission,, means you have to send it to IPT for repair, but they also offer a rebuild kit, TC, Body valves if you want to do the rebuild yourself. Check their website for more info.

RS6C5
January 12th, 2009, 12:19
I would be interested depending on the Torque they rate the gearbox to when the everything is done (Valve Body, Rebuild and Converter), would also be interested in knowing what RPM the box will be able to shift at without blowing (~7000rpm?).

Would also be nice to know if they could install a transbrake solenoid to assist in launching without the use of the brake pedal.

Cheers,

vangelis
January 12th, 2009, 13:59
I would be interested depending on the Torque they rate the gearbox to when the everything is done (Valve Body, Rebuild and Converter), would also be interested in knowing what RPM the box will be able to shift at without blowing (~7000rpm?).

Would also be nice to know if they could install a transbrake solenoid to assist in launching without the use of the brake pedal.

Cheers,

What is the "transbrake solenoid"?? Do we have it already in our RS6 tranny?

aussie rs6
January 12th, 2009, 15:04
special solenoid to hold the transmisson- a transmission brake- while you build revs and power/torque prior to launch.

used in dragsters and drag strip cars. I would not mess with it.

Suggest do the IPT upgrade and use the power of the rs6 to launch in the usual manner. Foot on brake in sport and then take foot off brake while accelerating at 3/4 throttle until car moving, then go to full throttle.

Here in Australia, Nissan has just advised that not providing new GTR with launch control as too many gtr's breaking transmissions/transaxles. Apparently GTR service book was allowing for seven transmission replacements during warranty service period!

Nissan must be feeling impact of Global Financial Crisis. New GTR owners with launch control have received advice from Nissan that if use launch control, then warranty voided.

Merc/AMG found that only transmission that would handle torque of 1000nm was their "old" 5 speed auto. This is the one installed in the latest tt V12 CL65 standard and Black AMG "torque monster".

In the CL65, the torque is limited to 1000nm, although engine can deliver 1200nm.-( the AMG Speedshift five-speed automatic transmission An AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS five-speed automatic gearbox transmits power to the rear wheels. There is a choice between four transmission modes: "C", "S", "M1" and "M2" which has gearshift times 25 per cent quicker than the "M1" mode. The torque converter's lockup clutch guarantees extremely direct gearshifting in all driving situations right from first gear. The automatic double-declutch function not only makes shifting down a more pleasurable task, it also ensures that the load alteration effect is reduced. - courtesy Mercedes) and doesn't blow up the transmission- my comment ( I believe it is a ZF tricked up by AMG. Deutscher engineering posters would know.

Ironically, the more torque you have, the less the number of gears you really need as so much pulling power and acceleration. F=MA.

That what gives the beast "the feel" we all love when you "put the pedal to the metal"

A 5 speed auto is plenty

just my two cents worth
john
:rs6kiss: :rs6kiss: :rs6kiss:

garbi
January 12th, 2009, 15:34
hi guys. i am interested in the kit . i would need the kit only since i am in south africa and dont want to send trannys around the world.
my tranny is still ok but if the price is right then i will keep the kit spare for when i need it.
rating for torque is very important to know.

thanks guys
garbi

aussie rs6
January 12th, 2009, 16:06
I too would be interested in the price and availabilty of the IPT trans rebuild upgrade kit for the same reasons as garbi.

I live in the most isolated capital city in the world with only 3 RS 6's, including mine!

john

vangelis
January 12th, 2009, 20:32
hi guys. i am interested in the kit . i would need the kit only since i am in south africa and dont want to send trannys around the world.
my tranny is still ok but if the price is right then i will keep the kit spare for when i need it.
rating for torque is very important to know.

thanks guys
garbi

I got this quote from IPT today for the same reason that I was not planning to send the tranny ( ZF5HP24FLA ) to USA. So the below mentioned prices for :

1) IPT Performance rebuild kit $869USD (If you planning to rebuild it yourself)
2) IPT Performance Valve Body rework $779USD (for rebuilding the Valve Body only by sending it to IPT for rebuild)
3) IPT Performance Torque Converter build $695USD (for rebuilding the TC only by sending it to IPT for rebuild)

I believe Drew is working to get a better price as he in direct contact with IPT,, so The more people we get the cheaper it gets.

RS6C5
January 12th, 2009, 22:16
Hi Guys,

I emailed John@IPT and he said the TB (Trans Brake) cant be done on the 5HP24 but he also said that he will be able to build the transmission to hold 700-800ft/lbs with a peak shift RPM of 7000rpm.

He also said his rebuild kit isnt suited to people chasing the power I am 700-800bhp/1000nm as there is more than just replacing parts to hold this power.

I suspect a program to take full advantage of this transmission will also be required which I already have

vangelis
January 13th, 2009, 02:22
Hi Guys,

I emailed John@IPT and he said the TB (Trans Brake) cant be done on the 5HP24 but he also said that he will be able to build the transmission to hold 700-800ft/lbs with a peak shift RPM of 7000rpm.

He also said his rebuild kit isnt suited to people chasing the power I am 700-800bhp/1000nm as there is more than just replacing parts to hold this power.

I suspect a program to take full advantage of this transmission will also be required which I already have

So if I decide to send the gearbox to IPT, Is it going to hold such power 700-800bhp/1000nm and with a peak shift RPM of 7000rpm??for $4900 as this is the best price we got so far for the group buy. Drew got it from John and we he can get a better price if more ppl going to join.

RS6C5
January 13th, 2009, 03:13
If you have john@IPT to the FULL rebuild then yes 800hp/800ft.lbs (7000rpm shifting)

Jordan

vangelis
January 13th, 2009, 03:26
If you have john@IPT to the FULL rebuild then yes 800hp/800ft.lbs (7000rpm shifting)

Jordan

I see,, but to shift at 7000RPM,, Is it need ECU/ TCU remap to do that,, or just after rebuilding the gearbox will work??

aussie rs6
January 13th, 2009, 13:58
I would respectfully suggest that if go for upgraded turbos , increased boost and remap, that there is no need to rev engine to 7000 rpm.

There should be ample power & torque at up to 6500 rpm. Suggest Leave the 7000 rpm + for the BMW m5 V10's and the like.

Strangely enough, latest out of BMW is that next M5 will be a twin turbo V8!

Audi -"never follow, always lead"

If you really need to go to 7000 rpm, then you are looking at racing engine specs and expense for reliability.

just my humble opinion.

john

terrytcl
April 10th, 2009, 19:13
anyone go with the IPT rebuild?

either tranny or TC?