PDA

View Full Version : New A3 2.0T Quattro - Forgotten package/option!

excellente
January 7th, 2009, 00:14
Just traded in my RS6 for an '09, pretty much loaded.
Very VERY happy.
Night and day difference, obviously, but it's what I wanted.
Sure, I miss the power, but maybe I'll tune her up in the future.

So, on one hand, I posted just to express my satisfaction and sing the praises ... on the other ...

I realized I didn't order it w/ the Cold Weather package.
How both myself and my salesman missed this, is beyond comprehension.
I live in Chicago, well known for pretty brutal winters.
When my MSRP was already over $40k, the $500 package requires no thought to add.

I've contacted the dealer and waiting to hear back on any options, but I'd like to ask all of you.

Has anyone ever heard of some lenience when it comes to ordering a package after factory production?
I mean, I could understand not helping a buying a year or two later, when its clear they simply just want to 'upgrade'. But someone who the very same day as delivery realizes they forgot to include something. At the very least, they should attempt to provide me w/ the parts at cost and I'll sort out the rest myself. I think that's only fair. It's clearly just an oversight.

I guess we'll see ...

After reading the owners manual cover to cover, I also see that there is a Park Assist for this car, but it wasn't in the options book ... so I'm assuming maybe it's just not in the U.S. So I'll probably try and track down those parts on my own, because I've already expressed missing it from the RS6 upon parallel parking in the city a half-dozen times already.

Regards!