PDA

View Full Version : Porsche now OWNS 50.76 Percent of VW's stock but.....

AudiFanatic83
January 6th, 2009, 15:31
http://www.worldcarfans.com/9090105.015/official-porsche-increase-volkswagen-stake-to-over-50

Heres the post from the website:

Porsche has achieved its goal of owning a majority share of Volkswagen AG.
On Monday, Porsche Automobil Holding SE, based in Stuttgart, Germany, announced that it had acquired further shares in VW and that it now holds 50.76 percent of ordinary voting shares in the German automaker.
Wolfsburg-based Volkswagen had been fighting off a hostile bid by Porsche to control VW for years. But in recent months an agreement was reached between the two companies that has allowed Porsche to gain a larger share of VW stock.
But Porsche still does not have a controlling interest in VW. According to German law, control of a company requires a 75 percent share of the vote at a stockholder meeting. And VW's charter rules have traditionally required an 80% share to exercise control of the company, which has also given the government of Lower-Saxony, which owns a minority stake in VW, veto power over how the company is run. Porsche recently lost a legal bid challenging those rules.
The government of Lower-Saxony owns 20.1 percent of Volkswagen AG.

<!-- google_ad_section_end -->

The RS6
January 6th, 2009, 16:34
I read somewhere that VW stocks were the ones to have in 2008. because while all other companies' shares were falling like a bungee jumper, VW went up by 60%!!!

Erik
January 6th, 2009, 20:37
I read somewhere that VW stocks were the ones to have in 2008. because while all other companies' shares were falling like a bungee jumper, VW went up by 60%!!!

I heard Adolf Merckle commited suicide, he was placed for the shares to fall!

itisme
January 6th, 2009, 21:44
I heard Adolf Merckle commited suicide, he was placed for the shares to fall!

both is true...

he lost 1 billion by speculations with VW stocks

the VW stock raised from 210€ to nearly 1000€ in just a few days and fell the next day down by 30%... VW was the most expansive company on earth that day!

I trie to explain this:
some sellers expacted the VW stock to fall and promised to sell stocks to buyers until a deadline to an arranged price although they don't have these stocks yet and then win some money with the difference. This is more speculativ than everything else I know. For buyers it is a calculable business. This method is called "Leerverkauf" . The day came as the buyers wanted to buy these stocks and the sellers went to the stockexchange to get them. But there weren't any stocks to buy. They got panic and started to pay any prive the get some VW stocks - this resulted in an explosion of the share price.

One reason there weren't that much stocks on the market was, that Porsche already buyed many stocks. Porsche knew that this explosion would happen and with some clever deals Porsche gained more money with this buisness than with selling cars. Many people lost really much money (just like billionaire Merckle: owner of "Ratiopharm" and share holder of 4 or 5 companies)! On the other hand, some VW employers got millionaire on this day...

Erik
January 7th, 2009, 06:22
With all the VAG shares Porsche owns, they are obliged to bid for Swedish truck maker Scania as well...