PDA

View Full Version : V8 Bi-turbo for BMW X6M/X5M.

The Pretender
January 5th, 2009, 20:42
The M versions of the BMW X6/X5 will not have a V10 engine but a V8 Bi-turbo with ± 500 hp.
Will this be the end of the BMW V10 engine.?

Jarod.

artur777
January 5th, 2009, 21:02
It will be used in M1 sportcar may be?

Leadfoot
January 5th, 2009, 21:13
I wonder if there will even be an X5/6M? What with the recession and how economy and emissions are viewed by the public.

AndyBG
January 6th, 2009, 02:16
There will be both X5 M and X6 M...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-bmw-x6-m-video-confirms-production.html

Leadfoot
January 6th, 2009, 07:59
There will be both X5 M and X6 M...

http://carscoop.blogspot.com/2009/01/new-bmw-x6-m-video-confirms-production.html

All I will say to this is remember the new NSX. ;)

That was a car which had been shown at shows but cancelled in the eleventh hour because of the recession. I say 'don't count your chickens'.

P.S.

I would love to be proved wrong by the way. :looking:

AndyBG
January 6th, 2009, 13:32
All I will say to this is remember the new NSX. ;)

That was a car which had been shown at shows but cancelled in the eleventh hour because of the recession. I say 'don't count your chickens'.

P.S.

I would love to be proved wrong by the way. :looking:

I think you will be...

NSX was completly new product for Honda, while BMW all ready has all ingridiants for the product ready... Cars (X5, X6) are on the market some time now, engine (4.4 turbo) is in use as well... BMW has very strong brand position, so if I may say, I think that X5 M/X6 M is ''done deal'' and we are going to see them driving around in the near future.

But, OK, maybe I'm going to be proved wrong... ;)

RXBG
January 6th, 2009, 13:43
bmw just released the teaser last week. these cars are going to be made for certain. the economy will rebound. may take over a year. but that is when these things will hit the market. i predict the nsx will come back into the picture eventually.

and i don't think the bmw V10 is gone. cars like the M5/6 need a larger engine. a higher displacement V8 might do. but why spend money on developing one when they can fine tune the current V10 and turbo it?

rokke
January 7th, 2009, 06:15
i´ve even seen the x6 M here in munich been tested......

its doesnt look familiar with the four exhaust pipes standing so close together on such a big car.... its like on the new m3, the pipes are more in the middle, than they were on the older m3...... cant say anything about the sound, i was on the autobahn and my opel corsa itsself is to loud at 140 km/h to say what the x6 M sounded like.....

have a nice day

Speedou
January 7th, 2009, 10:45
I think with new emossion laws we won't see high reving N/A engines any more in "standard" cars.