PDA

View Full Version : DRC PLUS VS standard DRC

Bogdan
January 5th, 2009, 13:50
I have one question guys, since I am a new owner of an 07 RS4 with DRC PLUS. These leeks happen regardless if you have the standard DRC or the optional DRC PLUS? Because, if it's only happening with the latter (PLUS) and it will happen to me again (14 000 km front shocks changed) I am inclined to change to the standard DRC suspension. But if both fail, I think I will go for an aftermarket sollution (ohlins). Thanks

excellente
January 7th, 2009, 00:52
I just sold my 2003 RS6 with the original DRC.
I had issues w/ the DRC twice.
And people I've spoken with have said consistently that DRC is going to keep failing.
This was a very serious reason why I sold the car. The expense simply isn't worth it.
If I was going to keep it, and what I would suggest to you since you are concerned, I would absolutely go directly to the aftermarket suspension ... most likely Bilstein.

Good luck!

Bogdan
January 7th, 2009, 06:32
Thank you for your advice. I think I really might go for Bilstein or KW V3, the only problem I have to solve is to find an aftermarket suspension that will not lower the car anymore that already is from the factory. I like it like that.

QuattroFun
January 7th, 2009, 20:37
My RS4 DRC with SS+ has completely broken down once at around 57Kkm and was completely replaced - but I have also heard of multiple DRC issues with the standard suspension and at less mileage so I am not sure how much the SS+ lower & stíffer springs contribute to the lack of durability. Still, I think DRC & SS+ are very nice when they work at least for road use whereas I have no experience of aftermarket solutions and would not myself get one, although they might of course be great and maybe there are much better track solutions out there if that is your thing

Bogdan
January 8th, 2009, 08:08
That is exactly the problem: I don't go out on the track so often to justify a stiffer suspension so I don't want one. I like the SS+ very much, is exactly what I need, but I would very much like to find an aftermarket suspension exactly the same as my SS+ in terms of ride height and stiffness but with a lot more reliability.