PDA

View Full Version : HDD Sat Nav

Marv
January 3rd, 2009, 20:47
Does anyone have any inside info on when the hard drive sat nav system will make it into the new A4 (UK)? My dealer has no idea but guesses it will be soon as it's already in the A6, A5 and Q5.

Thanks

Marv

PetrolDave
January 9th, 2009, 16:59
There's been a lot of posts on TSN from a guy waiting to order a B8 A4 with the MMI 3G - he's been told that UK cars build after week 29 this year will have MMI 3G.

Marv
January 12th, 2009, 14:35
...so that's towards the end of July (if my abacus is working), which sounds not implausible. Bit too long for me to wait!

Thanks for the information.

Marv

PetrolDave
January 13th, 2009, 08:29
But I read on TSN yesterday that a guy had just had a test drive in a B8 which had the 3G MMI.

Marv
January 13th, 2009, 20:47
I've seen this sort of thing before - my local Audi centre early last year had B8 cars in SE spec with led daytime running lights despite the fact you could only order led on the S-Line models at that time - it really pissed off prospective customers who didn't want the lowered, firmer ride but loved the led lights.

I guess this just means that the 3G MMI is definitely coming - the lack of information is just frustrating but you get used to that with Audi UK