PDA

View Full Version : Buyer beware. Lots of issues here.

DHall1
January 1st, 2009, 06:50
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2003-Audi-RS6-with-low-miles-twin-turbo-very-fast_W0QQitemZ280298704506QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Truck sQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash= item280298704506&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Too many to list.

Buggered up seats. Someone has replaced the inserts with some sort of suede material and its stained.

Suspension all wacko. Coilovers installed and they dont look like the right ones. Car is slammed to the ground and having some real camber tire wear.

All the rims have been repaired and repainted.

Overall a 5-6 car that has had multiple owners in the last year.

HeadShot
January 1st, 2009, 19:08
Nice heads up... I'll give thanks for all those's in the market looking. No one wants to walk in to that sort of thing thinking there getting there dream car when it's kinda a bad example of the beastie. Keep up the good work.

And happy newyear to all!!!!!!

jbtexas
January 2nd, 2009, 00:59
one of those $20k RS6s we hear so much about by some on these boards.... :D

DHall1
January 2nd, 2009, 06:15
Well pretty much right on the head.

This car has been on the market for over 6 months. Price started around 37k. For the condition and issues there was no way it would sell. It didn't.

Now here we are and the owner is getting more agressive at 26k. All everyone here sees is 38k miles and 26,000 dollars. And presto, that is the market and what these things should cost. There is much more to it.

This particular owner just bought the car from a friend leaving town thinking he could turn a profit and flip the car. Now he is in a pickle. The car is not trashed its just used. Wear and scuffs on everything, interior wear, missing clips here and there. You get the idea. Its one of those 6 year old cars that look 6 yrs old. It just is what it is. Its easy to sit back in our chairs and have this vision of a "gleaming 38k mile RS6" for 26 thousand dollars. Well, its not going to happen so you better pass the crack pipe along.

What is truly hard to find is. The 6yr old RS6 that looks like its 1yr old. That is not easy. Who do you know that hardly drives their car. Hardly has people in the back seat. Hardly hauls a bunch of crap around in the cabin. Not to mention kids, family and daily scrapes of an average car?? Its getting rare.

That's the difference.

QUOTE=jbtexas;148903]one of those $20k RS6s we hear so much about by some on these boards.... :D[/QUOTE]

mw109c
January 3rd, 2009, 19:12
Another RS6 was just posted in Ebay for $29.9K. This one doesn't appear to be a "story" car. Too bad - I was considering putting my RS6 (which is in good condition but does have a bit of a story...) up for sale so that I could buy a newer car that had also dropped in price in this market...

- Mike

DHall1
January 4th, 2009, 02:15
Agreed,

I copied the description from the ebay ad here..

"Very rare color, navy blue. One of the fastest cars on the road. Great price, priced to sell. Well cared for, and never been in an accident. Clean carfax, along with a recent inspection from Audi North Scottsdale, found the car in great shape. Twin turbo 450 HP, Quattro. Car has everything, totally loaded. Sunroof, XM Sat Radio, heated seats, triptronic gear shift pedals, too much to list. Only imported 800 into the United States. Navy blue is one of the rareest colors, and the car is in great shape."

A couple of things really get me razzed.

35k service is not done. He knows it...no mention of it.
Inspection from Audi was a joke. All they did was measure tire depth ect.
"great shape" subjective.
What about the known problems with the suspension modifications? I told him and showed him. No mention.

one of those $20k RS6s we hear so much about by some on these boards.... :D

DHall1
January 7th, 2009, 17:19
6hrs left on this one.

Someone is going to be screwed. I feel sorry for them if they have not done the proper inspections.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2003-Audi-RS6-with-low-miles-twin-turbo-very-fast_W0QQitemZ280298704506QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Truck sQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash= item280298704506&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

Too many to list.

Buggered up seats. Someone has replaced the inserts with some sort of suede material and its stained.

Suspension all wacko. Coilovers installed and they dont look like the right ones. Car is slammed to the ground and having some real camber tire wear.

All the rims have been repaired and repainted.

Overall a 5-6 car that has had multiple owners in the last year.

Erik
January 7th, 2009, 18:36
Someone is going to be screwed.

Really??? :vhmmm:

"Reserve not met"

DHall1
January 7th, 2009, 19:49
I have a feeling that this will go above reserve. Lots of bidders and we are approaching what I think my be the reserve.

27ish

Seller has been all over the place with pricing. Even changing his Autotrader ad several times. 29-25-27-28k. All the while I have disliked the poor and incorrect description on the ebay ad.

If any buyer buys without a proper inspection. They are getting what they deserve. I just know it will not be a member of our group. Reason for my post.

Really??? :vhmmm:

"Reserve not met"

DHall1
January 7th, 2009, 23:44
21 minutes left. We are at 26k.

Any bets as to reserve?

I say 27,500

:argue:

I have a feeling that this will go above reserve. Lots of bidders and we are approaching what I think my be the reserve.

27ish

Seller has been all over the place with pricing. Even changing his Autotrader ad several times. 29-25-27-28k. All the while I have disliked the poor and incorrect description on the ebay ad.

If any buyer buys without a proper inspection. They are getting what they deserve. I just know it will not be a member of our group. Reason for my post.

DHall1
January 8th, 2009, 00:08
Well, my faith in the common sense of human kind has been restored. Nobody bid over 26k for that car and it did not hit reserve.

If that description didnt scare off the folks then the zero feedback should have.

Now back to your scheduled program.

21 minutes left. We are at 26k.

Any bets as to reserve?

I say 27,500

:argue:

Bigglezworth
January 8th, 2009, 03:11
Wow. I must have beer goggles on because I can't see where this particular car could be all that wrong. It doesn't looked slammed to me, and the seats don't look any different from stock (at least what I can see with teh photos provided). The paint in the photos also looks decent to me and so do the wheels. At 35K is there really that much poor on the car? My ride has 100K and it's pretty darn good for years. Not new, but still pretty good used. Anyway intersting read.

Tim

DHall1
January 8th, 2009, 05:45
Tell me about it. I said the same things 5 months ago. I cant understand why they dont show up on the pics.

Drop
2.5 inches on the front
1.5 inches on the rear

The coilovers dont look correct. There is zero coil space on the front and coil bind is a real issue. The car drives like a chuck wagon on the Oregon Trail circa 1910.

Seats look perfect on the pics. Reality, they have all been removed and some sort of suede material used in the centers. And there are dirty spots everywhere on the suede. All the plastic covers for the seat tracks are missing and you see bare seat tracks. Ekkk

Exterior paint has scuffs and scratches everywhere. No real dents just not a very well cared for auto.

Thats about the story of it.

Wow. I must have beer goggles on because I can't see where this particular car could be all that wrong. It doesn't looked slammed to me, and the seats don't look any different from stock (at least what I can see with teh photos provided). The paint in the photos also looks decent to me and so do the wheels. At 35K is there really that much poor on the car? My ride has 100K and it's pretty darn good for years. Not new, but still pretty good used. Anyway intersting read.

Tim

DHall1
January 8th, 2009, 06:44
Ok, round 2. Batter up.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Cars-Trucks___2003-Audi-RS6-w-low-miles-450-Horsepower-twin-turbo_W0QQitemZ280300497638QQddnZCarsQ20Q26Q20Truc ksQQddiZ2282QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUS_Cars_Trucks?hash =item280300497638&_trksid=p4506.c0.m245&_trkparms=72%3A727%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

:MTM:

And! He tells us the reserve this time. $27,500. Exactly what I posted above. Hehe

Erik
January 8th, 2009, 07:23
I've asked him a few questions, waiting his reply.

Erik
January 8th, 2009, 14:13
Here's the reply:

"The DRC has been replaced with Milstein struts.
The front left and right rear tires will need to be replaced as stated in my last Audi Inspection Report. The owner before my was a big guy, and he did not replce the seats, but had them modified for a larger driver. I have seen at least five other RS6 cars, and the seats are the same, but now will accomadate a larger driver more comfortablly. Rims are perfect....no dings. You are more than welcomd to email or call Audi North Scottsdale...480-538-4000"

Milsteins? :D

DHall1
January 8th, 2009, 15:04
Funny how that information is not in the vehicle descriptions.

Nothing about the struts
Nothing about the "modified" seats
Nothing about the bald tires

And, I own a RS6 and the seat inserts have all been replaced with some sort of suede material. Not stock

I have nothing against the car. It is what it is. Just describe what it is. Dont beat around the bush and hope someone will be taken advantage of. It may be worth 25k to someone even given its current state of repair.

BTW, timing belt service cannot be found. Your looking at 3-4k right there.

Here's the reply:

"The DRC has been replaced with Milstein struts.
The front left and right rear tires will need to be replaced as stated in my last Audi Inspection Report. The owner before my was a big guy, and he did not replce the seats, but had them modified for a larger driver. I have seen at least five other RS6 cars, and the seats are the same, but now will accomadate a larger driver more comfortablly. Rims are perfect....no dings. You are more than welcomd to email or call Audi North Scottsdale...480-538-4000"

Milsteins? :D

Bigglezworth
January 8th, 2009, 15:29
~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tim,
You have done your homework one these cars. The stock struts have been replced with Milstein Struts. The colis are fine, but it looks as if the car has been lowered, and thus the coils are all bunched together. The seats are the original seats, but the owner before me was a big guy, and he had them both modified for a larger driver(s). I have seen about 5-6 RS'6, and my seats are the same seats, but my seats will accomadte a larger driver more comfortablly. Audi North Scottsdale had a inspection done on the car 9/10/08. They can be contacted at (480) 538-4000 Advisor name is Jason Brown Vin#wuapv64b63n904623
Regards,
Cory C.

DHall1
January 8th, 2009, 16:46
Oh boy, it gets better and better.

"Coils bunched together" What does that tell you people in the know?

Coil bind

Add to that the fact that the front is already over 2 inches lowered and what do you get?

Chuck wagon on the Oregon Trail circa 1919

There is something wrong with the suspension. There is no room to raise the front any more and the coils are at a bind situation. Its all out of whack. You would have to start all over from scratch and start replacing parts. Starting from a full KW coilover kit.

Right now front camber is about -2.0 on R and L and the inside edge of the tires are shot. (Greg, you can chime in here.) :-)

Its a decent car. 5-6 on a scale of 10. If you know what your getting into....its a 25k car. Topps because of the poor history, lack of 35k timing belt, suspension issues, ect. Actually, the more I think about it...its prob not worth 25k. More like 22k.

~~~~~~~~~~~
Hey Tim,
You have done your homework one these cars. The stock struts have been replced with Milstein Struts. The colis are fine, but it looks as if the car has been lowered, and thus the coils are all bunched together. The seats are the original seats, but the owner before me was a big guy, and he had them both modified for a larger driver(s). I have seen about 5-6 RS'6, and my seats are the same seats, but my seats will accomadte a larger driver more comfortablly. Audi North Scottsdale had a inspection done on the car 9/10/08. They can be contacted at (480) 538-4000 Advisor name is Jason Brown Vin#wuapv64b63n904623
Regards,
Cory C.

DHall1
January 14th, 2009, 05:38
Ok,

Just to give a bump to this thread as the said car is back on Ebay for round 2. The first auction only hit 26k and no reserve.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=280300497638&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWAX%3AIT&viewitem=

And question, why would you buy on ebay for 27,5 when you could buy the car on Autotrader for 25,9?? Hmmmm

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?ct=p&car_id=255285433&dealer_id=63590049&car_year=2003&rdm=1231909161806&num_records=25&model=RS6&systime=&make2=&highlightFirstMakeModel=&start_year=1981&engine=&keywordsrep=&keywordsrep=&keywordsfyc=&keywordsfyc=&certified=&fuel=&body_code=0&awsp=false&search_type=both&distance=0&marketZipError=false&search_lang=en&showZipError=n&first_record=26&make=AUDI&color=&keywords_display=&page_location=findacar%3A%3Aispsearchform&min_price=&drive=&default_sort=priceDESC&seller_type=b&max_mileage=&style_flag=1&sort_type=priceDESC&address=85222&advanced=&end_year=2010&pager.offset=25&transmission=&doors=&max_price=&cardist=46&rdpage=thumb

Now its sitting at 22k on Ebay (again read my post above/hit the nail on the head again)

There is some jibberish about buying an extended warranty. I cant understand if the seller is adding it or just letting people know to buy one. Either way, just know what your getting into here.

At this point, I may run up there with 20k and put the car out of its misery. If only they didnt screw up those seats. Darn it.

Cheers all :addict:

DHall1
January 15th, 2009, 01:36
Well well. People are listening.

It only reached 24k this time.

By now the seller must be ready to shoot his foot. The bidders are smelling raw meat and keep going lower and lower.

:eek: