PDA

View Full Version : MTM TCU chip specs needed

snoopra
January 1st, 2009, 02:11
I'm considering an early new year gift, again, for the beast. I'd like to do the MTM TCU chip but I have one question I could not get answered doing a search. I need to know what exactly does the "chip" do. I know it makes the trans shift faster/sooner but does it also remove/increase torque limits?:addict:

hahnmgh63
January 1st, 2009, 03:26
Can't really answer any of this for sure but I would call Mike Hoppen to find out for sure. I think that Torque limits are set in the Engine ECU for shift points and not the TCU. I know that the latest Ver. 3 of the Revo software had some Torque changes at the shift points to improve shifting. I maybe able to tell you more soon as I have had Revo for over a year (happy with it for the price) but just Re-installed my TCU after the first chip didn't work (probably bad solder joint). I haven't driven the car yet as we had an unusual amount of snowfall for the Seattle area but it checks out on VagCom Ok so I'm assuming that this one is Ok.

vangelis
January 1st, 2009, 08:16
Can't really answer any of this for sure but I would call Mike Hoppen to find out for sure. I think that Torque limits are set in the Engine ECU for shift points and not the TCU. I know that the latest Ver. 3 of the Revo software had some Torque changes at the shift points to improve shifting. I maybe able to tell you more soon as I have had Revo for over a year (happy with it for the price) but just Re-installed my TCU after the first chip didn't work (probably bad solder joint). I haven't driven the car yet as we had an unusual amount of snowfall for the Seattle area but it checks out on VagCom Ok so I'm assuming that this one is Ok.

I thought Revo are doing a flash for ECU only!! Are they doing flash for TCU as well?? what version is the latest for that?

hahnmgh63
January 1st, 2009, 17:16
I've had the Revo ECU chip for just over a year but I just got the MTM TCU chip. The Revo chip is just a flash through the OBD2 port and the TCU chip from MTM needs to be soldered onto the TCU circuit board.

snoopra
January 1st, 2009, 18:05
I'll call Mike tomorrow, hopefully they'll be there. I'm gonna go the REVO route also but I read somewhere that the torque limits won't change unless the TCU is chipped. Thanks guys