PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty Help

topcat_92
December 31st, 2008, 20:31
I am going to spring for an extended warranty on my RS6 that was delivered before Christmas. I am concerned about DRC, trans, turbo, or similar failures that I've seen listed on RS6.com.

I have a couple of quotes, and wanted to get some feedback on what you may have seen out there, recommended warranty companies, costs, coverages, and similar.

Here are the two I am considering, and leaning towards the exclusionary bumper-to-bumper to cover DRC failure:
COMPONENT TYPE BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.
Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.
Administrator: Warranty America
Directly underwritten by First Commercial Insurance Company for the highest level of financial security
Vehicle Eligibility: Yes, this vehicle qualifies
$100.00 Deductible Per Repair Visit
3 Year/45,000 Additional Miles- $2,416.00
4 Year/60,000 Additional Miles- $2,626.00
Lower deductibles are also available:
For $50.00 Deductible- Add $100.00
For $0.00 Deductible- Add $250.00
All Plans include:
* Towing
* Rental
* Trip Interruption Protection
* Transferability

EXCLUSIONARY BUMPER-TO-BUMPER COVERAGE AVAILABLE.
Warranty Offered By: Auto Advantage Inc.
Administrator: Warranty America
Directly underwritten by First Commercial Insurance Company for the highest level of financial security
Vehicle Eligibility: Yes, this vehicle qualifies
$100.00 Deductible Per Repair Visit
1 Year/12,000 Additional Miles- $3,152.00
2 Year/24,000 Additional Miles- $3,355.00
3 Year/36,000 Additional Miles- $3,585.00
4 Year/48,000 Additional Miles- $3,860.00
5 Year/80,000 Additional Miles- $4,180.00
All Plans include:
* Towing
* Rental
* Trip Interruption Protection
* Transferability
POLICY EXCLUSIONS
(The parts listed below are not covered. Therefore any part not listed is covered under this coverage per the terms of this agreement):
Paint/carpeting; frame or structural separation; manual/hydraulic clutch assembly; trim; hoses and rubber parts; fiberglass top; any repositioning, refitting or realigning; moldings; distributor cap/rotor; tires/wheels; air bag/supplemental restraint systems; lenses; battery and cables; all maintenance service and items such as alignments, wheel balances, engine tune-ups, spark/glow plugs, plug wires, brake pads, linings & shoes, filters, lubricants, coolants, hoses and belts; bright metal; light bulbs/headlights; exhaust system; weather stripping; body panels; brake rotor/drums; normal fluid/oil lubricant seepage; canvas, vinyl or fabric tops; satellite systems; video systems; shop supplies, hazard waste removal; body adjustments; buttons, handles, door hinges, glass; service adjustments and cleaning; retrofits or replacements of any components caused by or due to compliance with law or legislation including the 1990 Clean Air Act, and including emission control equipment and sensors.

Any input, feedback, referrals, and similar is appreciated.

Topcat

DHall1
January 1st, 2009, 06:52
You can never have too much coverage with the RS6. Get the big one.

Did you call the Bruce M guy from Audiworld.com? If not, check there.

Overall, those prices dont look too bad for a car with 70+k miles.

peiserg
January 1st, 2009, 18:07
I've used mine several times.

fuel sensor.. .$1000

Broken AC button.. $200

Something else.. forgot, but i remember it was $500

torque converter just went out... ouch that's gonna set them back a bit!

New n75 valve and boost sensor (before they realized it was the TC)..$500

I'd say get the longest lasting one you can!