PDA

View Full Version : FS: 2003 yellow RS6

Yellow RS6
December 30th, 2008, 21:33
I've decided to offer this for sale. This is an ultra-rare Imola Yellow RS6. It has 57,000 miles, all options - carbon fiber, nav (with latest DVDs), Summer pkg, sound exhaust, and rear airbags. Plus an iPod adapter was added in the glovebox. I bought this two months ago from a dealer in PA. The guy I bought it from actually owned the dealership, so I got all the records, receipts, and some cool goodies like the info pack sent to the dealers before shipment of the RS6s. It had the 35K timing belt service done and between 49-51K, it got new front and rear brakes (pads and rotors), plus the RS+ style wheels (Konig) w/new tires. I also just (on 12/19) had the alignment done and tires rotated/balanced. It has CPO warranty but Audi does not transfer these if it was certified after 08/2006, which I just found out. There are no problems that I know of and inspections are certainly welcome. I love the car, but there are too many good deals out there on '08 STIs and EVOs to pass up a brand new car with 0% financing. I haven't taken any pics myself yet, but I've attached a link to the ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220299026738

These are good pics and only two months old, but let me know if there is a specific area you would like photographed or if you have any questions. Thanks, John

Oh yeah, price. Well I owe $32,800, so we'll start there.

YlwBeast
December 31st, 2008, 03:00
I know this car quite well, how do I know, I placed those Audi Sport North America stickers on the rear doors, as I've done on my other cars. Definitely an awesome car!
Good luck with the sale. This car (and color) looks ten times better in person!!

Copper
December 31st, 2008, 05:10
Yellow... Really? For Sale? Come on! Don't give it up yet. So what? A little DRC issue and you are bailing? It's 90% perfect. Revo, APR, GIAC that thing and reach pure nirvana. It's almost the perfect car. Give it a chance man. Come drive my Beast and I'll show you what I mean.

F the DRC. It's a nothing issue.

V8. Twin Turbo. 0-60 in 4 something secs....carrying four people or with the seats down a LOT of dog food. Come on man!

Oh yeah. P to the F'in S: I EAT STI's and EVO's every day for breakfast, lunch, snacks (if I feel like it) and dinner. Really. At least say you are getting a 997TT or something that is actually fast or worthy of replacing the RS6.

DHall1
December 31st, 2008, 06:20
Yellow,

Ok, I will give you my .02c here.

I purchased a 04STI new. Nice car, kinda rare at the time. Performed several mods and tracked (road course) the car a few times. While all that was fun....the car was not comfortable at all. Road noise, engine rattles, overall just a tin can on steroids. If it were my only daily car...I would have shot myself. I did manage to keep the car over 4 years only because we have 6 cars and I hate selling or buying.

I went the way of :addict: after a long search and never looked back.

Dont do it. The hell with 0% financing. That all said, I dont know if going into a RS6 with a high interest loan may not have been the best idea either. You should not be paying more than 5% right??

Some day you will be able to pay cash for these rides. Thats the only way my wife lets me buy cars. If you have the cash and not purchased anything in awhile...go ahead. She is in finance. :doh:

I've decided to offer this for sale. This is an ultra-rare Imola Yellow RS6. It has 57,000 miles, all options - carbon fiber, nav (with latest DVDs), Summer pkg, sound exhaust, and rear airbags. Plus an iPod adapter was added in the glovebox. I bought this two months ago from a dealer in PA. The guy I bought it from actually owned the dealership, so I got all the records, receipts, and some cool goodies like the info pack sent to the dealers before shipment of the RS6s. It had the 35K timing belt service done and between 49-51K, it got new front and rear brakes (pads and rotors), plus the RS+ style wheels (Konig) w/new tires. I also just (on 12/19) had the alignment done and tires rotated/balanced. It has CPO warranty but Audi does not transfer these if it was certified after 08/2006, which I just found out. There are no problems that I know of and inspections are certainly welcome. I love the car, but there are too many good deals out there on '08 STIs and EVOs to pass up a brand new car with 0% financing. I haven't taken any pics myself yet, but I've attached a link to the ebay listing: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220299026738

These are good pics and only two months old, but let me know if there is a specific area you would like photographed or if you have any questions. Thanks, John

Oh yeah, price. Well I owe $32,800, so we'll start there.

Yellow RS6
January 7th, 2009, 19:32
I know this car quite well, how do I know, I placed those Audi Sport North America stickers on the rear doors, as I've done on my other cars. Definitely an awesome car!
Good luck with the sale. This car (and color) looks ten times better in person!!

Well this really surprised me when I saw it, the original owner is on here - cool! :cheers: The Internet continues to amaze ........

Yellow RS6
January 7th, 2009, 20:00
Yellow,

Ok, I will give you my .02c here.

I purchased a 04STI new. Nice car, kinda rare at the time. Performed several mods and tracked (road course) the car a few times. While all that was fun....the car was not comfortable at all. Road noise, engine rattles, overall just a tin can on steroids. If it were my only daily car...I would have shot myself. I did manage to keep the car over 4 years only because we have 6 cars and I hate selling or buying.

I went the way of :addict: after a long search and never looked back.

Dont do it. The hell with 0% financing. That all said, I dont know if going into a RS6 with a high interest loan may not have been the best idea either. You should not be paying more than 5% right??

Some day you will be able to pay cash for these rides. Thats the only way my wife lets me buy cars. If you have the cash and not purchased anything in awhile...go ahead. She is in finance. :doh:

Show me a bank that will do 5% for 72 months on a 2003 car and I'll sign up! I'm getting 6.5% for 72 months through Navy Fed, so 0% IS mighty tempting.

I know an EVO or STi is no RS6, but they have there good points too. The '04 STi, like you had, is a bad example as it was the worst as a DD. The '05s were much improved, and the '08s are even better.

Anyway, I'm not dead-set on selling the RS6, I put it on here half-heartedly (sp?) just to see if there is any interest. So far, none. So I will just put it at my bottom price right up front and let it ride - $30K.

AudiFanatic83
January 7th, 2009, 20:52
Show me a bank that will do 5% for 72 months on a 2003 car and I'll sign up! I'm getting 6.5% for 72 months through Navy Fed, so 0% IS mighty tempting.

I know an EVO or STi is no RS6, but they have there good points too. The '04 STi, like you had, is a bad example as it was the worst as a DD. The '05s were much improved, and the '08s are even better.

Anyway, I'm not dead-set on selling the RS6, I put it on here half-heartedly (sp?) just to see if there is any interest. So far, none. So I will just put it at my bottom price right up front and let it ride - $30K.

So I just saw your car on Barrett. Well it was parked in the Barnes and Noble parking lot right next to Publix. I was in the same parking lot because I came to get something from CD Warehouse. I must say "DO NOT" sell the car my friend. It is of true rarity. My brother still regrets getting rid of his RS6, and I would hate to see you feel the same way after you part with it.

Yellow RS6
January 7th, 2009, 21:15
That was me, I was at B&N (the magazine rack of course -lol) on a late lunch. It's a small world.....

I'm sure I would miss it if it sells. That's why I'm not really pushing it, like putting it on ebay or putting the price ridiculously low.

btw - are you a member of ACNA?

DuckWingDuck
January 7th, 2009, 22:42
Ya, I would just like to chime in and say, keep the car! Frankly, there's nothing that compares to the RS6 in terms of versatility and raw pace. Ya, the exotics are nicer and faster but as Copper said, the RS6 is barely a compromise since it does such an excellent job of keeping up with those exotics. Ultimately, if it does come down to a money issue then you gotta do what's right financially but to switch to an EVO or STI simply because they're at 0%, I dunno... I don't think I could do it.

kju
January 8th, 2009, 14:34
i have to say , its a beauty

AudiFanatic83
January 8th, 2009, 15:58
That was me, I was at B&N (the magazine rack of course -lol) on a late lunch. It's a small world.....

I'm sure I would miss it if it sells. That's why I'm not really pushing it, like putting it on ebay or putting the price ridiculously low.

btw - are you a member of ACNA?

It truly is a small world...I've also seen your car once before right next to this office complex near Wal Mart...

I understand what your doing and I don't blame you...you just want to see if your going to get a good enough bite, and if not you'll probably just stick with it...

I have not joined ACNA, but I think I should..also I believe there is some type of VW/Audi meet at HH Gregg on Barrett this Saturday around 830..

DuckWingDuck
January 9th, 2009, 19:18
what the hell man, i live in LA where there are supposedly zillions of RS6s and other than at our pre-arranged meets, I've never seen another one on the road!

Copper
January 9th, 2009, 20:58
We need to get together (the Atlanta RS6 crew) and grab a beer talk cars, etc. I'm in Marietta. Barrett Parkway and Dallas Highway.

I'm still in the loaner Q7, otherwise I'd chck out the local Audi gathering tomorrow (Saturday)

Yellow RS6
January 9th, 2009, 21:19
Sounds good, I'm right up in Towne Lake (exit 8 off 575). Would love to meet some other RS6 owners. I have to say, I don't recall ever seeing an RS6 on the road, around here or in NoVA where I moved from.

So there is a VW/Audi gathering tomorrow at HH Gregg? I'll try to make that.

allwheelsdriven
January 25th, 2009, 18:03
see I am moving the other direction from a 2004 blue STi to possibly a RS6 or Volvo S60R (need awd and rarity) so I can cart clients around.

this kind of post on audiworld though is keeping me up at night:

"Tires every 15K miles (the camber on the car really eats the inner edge of the fronts...tread depth may be ok but you can be on threads at the edge), DRC will break (but hopefully for you covered) every 9K or less, oil changes when you want but are $180 at the dealer and $100 at an independent. My brakes have never lasted 30k. Rotors maybe, but pads go at half that for the fronts. Pads are really expensive OEM ($360 front pair), aftermarket not too bad (EBC for $130). Rotors around $800 for the front pair just for parts. My dealer just quoted me $3400 for the 75K timing belt <deep swallow> about to try to see if i can do better than that somewhere.

Plugs are replaced at shorter intervals too (15K?) and not cheap either (i paid $400 through dealer).

Control arms will go around 50K miles. Warranty covered though. I have had CV boots go regularly in about 20-30K intervals up front."

DHall1
January 25th, 2009, 18:19
Well well-AWD,

What has taken you so long??

My RS6 has taken the place of an 04STI last year. I purchased my STI new and had a good time tuning and tracking that car. Then the noise and lack of comfort ended up spelling its exit. IMHO, the post you quote below is very close to reality but have you driven an RS6? If not, then dont go and drive one because you will buy one no matter what anybody or expected maint cost tells you.

Also, the expected costs will always depend on how hard you drive the car. Mark/below, runs his car somewhat hard....you could add to some of the costs if your easy on your cars.

Volvo.....forget it. :addict: trumps Volvo every time.

see I am moving the other direction from a 2004 blue STi to possibly a RS6 or Volvo S60R (need awd and rarity) so I can cart clients around.

this kind of post on audiworld though is keeping me up at night:

"Tires every 15K miles (the camber on the car really eats the inner edge of the fronts...tread depth may be ok but you can be on threads at the edge), DRC will break (but hopefully for you covered) every 9K or less, oil changes when you want but are $180 at the dealer and $100 at an independent. My brakes have never lasted 30k. Rotors maybe, but pads go at half that for the fronts. Pads are really expensive OEM ($360 front pair), aftermarket not too bad (EBC for $130). Rotors around $800 for the front pair just for parts. My dealer just quoted me $3400 for the 75K timing belt <DEEP swallow>about to try to see if i can do better than that somewhere.

Plugs are replaced at shorter intervals too (15K?) and not cheap either (i paid $400 through dealer).

Control arms will go around 50K miles. Warranty covered though. I have had CV boots go regularly in about 20-30K intervals up front."

Boosted-Bora
January 25th, 2009, 18:36
I am in the DC area and I see RS6's all the time but I never see modded or rare colors I would be intrested but I am still trying to get rid of my 2007 Candy White Passat 3.6 4Motion you intrested its fully loaded?????......with super low miles (14K)

allwheelsdriven
January 25th, 2009, 19:18
Well well-AWD,

What has taken you so long??

My RS6 has taken the place of an 04STI last year. I purchased my STI new and had a good time tuning and tracking that car. Then the noise and lack of comfort ended up spelling its exit. IMHO, the post you quote below is very close to reality but have you driven an RS6? If not, then dont go and drive one because you will buy one no matter what anybody or expected maint cost tells you.

Also, the expected costs will always depend on how hard you drive the car. Mark/below, runs his car somewhat hard....you could add to some of the costs if your easy on your cars.

Volvo.....forget it. :addict: trumps Volvo every time.

truly..I know that if I drive it I will enter a whole new world of rationalizations :king: According to Autotrader though they are all over on the east coast for sale...I need to find a local one.

Its funny the s60R forum was whining about maintenance costs and i dumped that quote on their board and that shut them up for a while...

Anyway a lot of what I've done to my 2004 with 27000 miles currently has been to make it more daily driveable ie coilovers, floor roof and doors dynamat etc but I still cant haul clients around in it.

One saving grace here is that my brother in law is a ten year AMG Mercedes tech and he might be able to do some of the maintenance.

DHall1
January 25th, 2009, 19:31
Ok,

You have done some homework. If the Volvo is $$ to maintain why dont you go ahead and drive a RS6. I know that another newer member just took delivery of a RS6 just a few weeks ago. I think he was in Seattle as well. Maybe you could hookup?

As for west coast cars. There are a few. Do you have a color choice and $$ considerations? That Blue/Sil car in Scottsdale is getting cheaper and cheaper by the week. Its got 38,000 miles and he is down to 25k. Knowing the few issues on the car....he should take 23k. PM me and we can exchange #s. I go between AZ and CO with a few trips to Oregon.

Its a small world because one of my other cars is a supercharged E55 AMG. :-) My wife drives it("she likes the color" platinum blue). And yes, I would say a AMG master tech could service the RS6 very very easily.

truly..I know that if I drive it I will enter a whole new world of rationalizations :king: According to Autotrader though they are all over on the east coast for sale...I need to find a local one.

Its funny the s60R forum was whining about maintenance costs and i dumped that quote on their board and that shut them up for a while...

Anyway a lot of what I've done to my 2004 with 27000 miles currently has been to make it more daily driveable ie coilovers, floor roof and doors dynamat etc but I still cant haul clients around in it.

One saving grace here is that my brother in law is a ten year AMG Mercedes tech and he might be able to do some of the maintenance.

DHall1
January 25th, 2009, 19:35
BTW, start a new thread with your questions and search criteria.

DuckWingDuck
January 25th, 2009, 19:42
Ya, just to echo our man Dave's thoughts, it really depends on how hard you drive your car. My experiences aren't quite as dramatic but I don't always drive my car hard.

Despite its gentlemanly appearance, the RS6 is comparable to other high performance vehicle and as such, its parts are less widely available and generally more expensive, it comes with the territory.

Bigglezworth
January 25th, 2009, 21:59
Volvo.....forget it. :addict: trumps Volvo every time.In many categories yes, but NOT in all of them. :) The S60R has tremendous back for the buck. Both have maintenance issues and just like EVERY other manufacturer out there - something that is just never right and becomes a warranty/maintenance nightmare. Yes I can speak from personal experience to both.

Tim

allwheelsdriven
January 26th, 2009, 03:46
(yet another bump for Dave's thread)

Funny its more or less the same as my Galant VR4 experience, a bland awd sedan with basically the Evo motor....i had 569 of 2000 and all kinds of crazy things would go wrong and it was usually a thousand bucks. On a car I bought used for 9k. And it has its requisite online forum of sob stories, failed marriages and automotive martyrdom. The flipside was that it was a great sleeper...looked like a camry. Thats what I want to get back to though, the sleeper aspect. I love the STI but the whole rally thing is lost on today's youth and its more of a 20something Fast/Furious vibe which I can do without at 43.

Tim thats quite a list of cars you have....esp the GNX

Anyway this all comes down to driving both cars and finding the right one. I may drive the RS6 and forget all cares about its tendency to deliver repeated swift kicks to one's financial gonads

DHall1
January 26th, 2009, 14:06
I do remember those VR4s. I also still have my 88 Celica GT4 and it was the rally heritage that got me into those cars. GT4 and the STI. Agreed on the 20 somethings and the F/Furious theme. It became harder and harder to drive my STI to work every day. My GT4 is also the ultimate sleeper and its fun to unleash that TO4 turbo from time to time. Yes, my GT4 is not stock.

You will buy the RS if you drive one. :-)

(yet another bump for Dave's thread)

Funny its more or less the same as my Galant VR4 experience, a bland awd sedan with basically the Evo motor....i had 569 of 2000 and all kinds of crazy things would go wrong and it was usually a thousand bucks. On a car I bought used for 9k. And it has its requisite online forum of sob stories, failed marriages and automotive martyrdom. The flipside was that it was a great sleeper...looked like a camry. Thats what I want to get back to though, the sleeper aspect. I love the STI but the whole rally thing is lost on today's youth and its more of a 20something Fast/Furious vibe which I can do without at 43.

Tim thats quite a list of cars you have....esp the GNX

Anyway this all comes down to driving both cars and finding the right one. I may drive the RS6 and forget all cares about its tendency to deliver repeated swift kicks to one's financial gonads

SAFE4NOW
March 5th, 2009, 13:28
I'm sorry, I missed your first auction link... Is this the same car, just cycling through other dealer / auctions....until now?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110358471694&sspagename=ADME%3AB%3AWNARL%3AUS%3A1120&viewitem=

Steve

Yellow RS6
March 5th, 2009, 13:38
No, that's a different car from a dealer in SC. The original link is from when I bought mine, but it's expired now. I've snapped a few pics recently, I'll post them here in a minute (once I figure out how to post pics on this site -lol). Thanks for your interest, be right back.

Yellow RS6
March 5th, 2009, 14:10
Ok, I've uploaded what I have to photobucket. Try this: http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/jwoods986/Car/

Yellow RS6
March 25th, 2009, 20:54
Bump! Just picked it up today from the dealer with a fresh 55K service and new passenger side aux radiator.

In addition to the oil, plugs, and all the filters replaced, everything gets checked over for the 55K service, so it's kinda like getting a PPI at the same time. In addition to the small crack in the radiator that was replaced, the upper control arm bushings are cracked. Dealer said $700-800.

DHall1
March 25th, 2009, 21:04
Tell me about the aux radiator?

Bump! Just picked it up today from the dealer with a fresh 55K service and new passenger side aux radiator.

In addition to the oil, plugs, and all the filters replaced, everything gets checked over for the 55K service, so it's kinda like getting a PPI at the same time. In addition to the small crack in the radiator that was replaced, the upper control arm bushings are cracked. Dealer said $700-800.

GEN XER
March 25th, 2009, 21:21
Tell me about the aux radiator?

I think I got one of these on my GTI. It sits right in front of the right front tire and it looks like a small radiator. I did not know what it was until I saw what it was plummed into. There is a connector that comes of the main radiator and connects to this little aux radiator. First time for everything.

Yellow RS6
March 26th, 2009, 12:32
^ Sounds about right. The tech said these have 3 radiators, so I'm assuming there's a "main" one and two auxilary ones. He found a coolant leak and traced it to the passenger side aux radiator, which they replaced. Part #4B3-121-202.

Yellow RS6
March 26th, 2009, 21:00
Price drop - $29K.

Yellow RS6
April 3rd, 2009, 18:22
It looks like the rain is finally ending today, so tomorrow it's cleaning time and a bunch of new pics. This car is in great shape and I can't wait to show people that with more/better pics. Just a reminder, this car was bought as certified on 11/1 and 55K service done two weeks ago. Other than the control arm bushings mentioned above (and factored into the price), it's ready to go - $28K!

Yellow RS6
April 6th, 2009, 01:31
Well, a day late on the washing and pics but here they are: http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a162/jwoods986/Car/April%20RS6%20pics/

DuckWingDuck
April 6th, 2009, 03:09
beautiful, love the colour

Yellow RS6
April 13th, 2009, 19:58
Monday bump!

Want2byRS6
April 13th, 2009, 21:16
Sorry to see the car did not sell, I watched the auction. I know you owe more that what your selling it for but It is a great car and you have been very good about the condition of the car. I hope it sells quick, and I still have my eye on it.

John

:rs6kiss:

DuckWingDuck
April 13th, 2009, 21:50
John, I'm meeting with John (from oceanside) and Joachim on the 19th (http://rs6.com/forum/showpost.php?p=158370&postcount=12), you want to stop by Buena Park to have some food & check out the cars?

Yellow RS6
April 14th, 2009, 14:00
Sorry to see the car did not sell, I watched the auction. I know you owe more that what your selling it for but It is a great car and you have been very good about the condition of the car. I hope it sells quick, and I still have my eye on it.

John

:rs6kiss:

Thanks for the kind words John. I've re-listed it for a 10-day auction, which will take it almost right up to the last weekend of the month (wheelin' and dealin' time at dealerships). If it hasn't sold by then, I'll look at trading it in. I would prefer not to and instead have this special car go to an enthusiast, but if that's what it comes to, then so be it.

Yellow RS6
May 11th, 2009, 14:56
Ok, I need some advice. I have a guy in Canada that has offered $28K w/fixed bushings delivered to NY. It's about a 14 hour drive for me, then I would fly home. He would fly to NY, then drive the car home to New Brunswick (12.5 hours). So that part is pretty even. My concerns are:
1. Payment - would need to be in US dollars of course, but how do I make sure I have a legit check in my hand? Or do I ask for payment before we meet, so it can clear?
2. The deal falls through and I end up having to drive all the way back to ATL. Which is a lot of wasted time, money, and 1600 miles on my car. Although he seems to be legit and serious. It looks like he runs a shop selling high-end Canadian paper currency - http://www.themonetaryman.com/

Thoughts?

DHall1
May 11th, 2009, 15:32
Tell me again which bushings need replaced?

What was the quote? parts and labor breakdown?

Out of country. Cash only or a bank wire transfer before you leave the house.

Ok, I need some advice. I have a guy in Canada that has offered $28K w/fixed bushings delivered to NY. It's about a 14 hour drive for me, then I would fly home. He would fly to NY, then drive the car home to New Brunswick (12.5 hours). So that part is pretty even. My concerns are:
1. Payment - would need to be in US dollars of course, but how do I make sure I have a legit check in my hand? Or do I ask for payment before we meet, so it can clear?
2. The deal falls through and I end up having to drive all the way back to ATL. Which is a lot of wasted time, money, and 1600 miles on my car. Although he seems to be legit and serious. It looks like he runs a shop selling high-end Canadian paper currency - http://www.themonetaryman.com/

Thoughts?

Yellow RS6
May 11th, 2009, 15:50
Tell me again which bushings need replaced?

What was the quote? parts and labor breakdown?

Out of country. Cash only or a bank wire transfer before you leave the house.

It's the front upper control arm bushings.

Dealer said $700-800 at the time (March). I'm about to call to get a firm price. When I checked out the RS6 near me for Ben Stiller, I saw a receipt for the exact same repair, just done in January, from another local dealer and it was $752. The cool thing is, I have a 20% off coupon from my regular dealer. But I want to get a firm quote up front, so they don't jack up the price once they see I have the coupon. Yes, I'm paranoid -lol.

Ok, cash or bank wire before I leave (preferable). thanks!

DHall1
May 11th, 2009, 15:55
Ok,

That price is a crock.

My upper control arm bushings were replaced last week with my DRC. 30k miles on them.

Price to Fidelity? just over 300.

So, if its all 4 upper control arm bushings....your getting the shaft. Call around to Audi service shops. You can replace just the bushings by pressing them out.

It's the front upper control arm bushings.

Dealer said $700-800 at the time (March). I'm about to call to get a firm price. When I checked out the RS6 near me for Ben Stiller, I saw a receipt for the exact same repair, just done in January, from another local dealer and it was $752. The cool thing is, I have a 20% off coupon from my regular dealer. But I want to get a firm quote up front, so they don't jack up the price once they see I have the coupon. Yes, I'm paranoid -lol.

Ok, cash or bank wire before I leave (preferable). thanks!

RS6-4dr911
May 11th, 2009, 22:43
Personally, I'd either make him come pick up the car, he can have the keys and title after the wire transfer has been confirmed, or he can (after the wire) have a transporter pick it up.

That's how I bought mine from an indy dealer. He should have no problem with either version. If I were him, I'd do the former buying from an individual such as yourself.

I wouldn't leave the driveway. Period. My $.02.

As for control arms, gotta disagree with Dave. I paid $428 for parts (OEM) and $280 labor from an indy (RS6 cert tech) so the $700 seems the same, can't see how all 4 could be replaced for $300, 2 maybe.

DHall1
May 11th, 2009, 23:53
Well,

The numbers didnt add up. Thats why I asked for clarification and cost estimates.

I had all 4 upper control arm busings replaced.

Maybe some dealers replace the bushings and others replace the 4 control arms.

?? If I were paying the tab....I guess there is no real wear on the arm itself and the bushing just presses in.

:vhmmm:

DonS
May 12th, 2009, 02:28
eBay has an escrow company you can use to handle auto transactions. You can verify the funds are available before you leave to NY. The buyer releases the funds when he is comfortable with the car...? There's gotta be some intermediary person guiding things along. I almost, but have never actually used them...

Try uShip.com for a reverse auction to ship the car to NY, or all the way to Canada. I've used them to find transport for my RS6 and a boat. I would use them again as they have a feedback mechanism like eBay. You can tell who the good guys are. I wonder how the cross border auto transfer works - but that's really the buyers problem.

The yellow is sooo incredible on your RS6. I never get noticed in my Avus (unless I'm flying past someone). You must ALWAYS get noticed!!

Good luck!

Yellow RS6
May 15th, 2009, 16:52
Bump! Bushings are fixed, this car needs nothing now - just a new owner ;)

rs6 ltwt
May 15th, 2009, 20:21
Still available?!

I may be back sooner than planned :dig:

Yellow RS6
May 15th, 2009, 20:43
Yes sir! Still available and ready to go. 55K service in March and new front control arm bushings yesterday. DRC is still working, but I do have the letter from AoA in case it goes out in the future.

DHall1
May 15th, 2009, 23:04
Andy,

Hurry up and buy this bad boy. What took you so long?

:cheers:

The new DRC fix is fantastic! A must do even if your system seems ok. The new special tool is a must have as its the only way to make 100% sure both control valve systems are operating at the exact same pressure. The car is fantastic after.

Still available?!

I may be back sooner than planned :dig:

DHall1
May 15th, 2009, 23:05
Whats the story on the bushings? Were you able to get the price lower with just the bushing replacement? Or did you go whole arms?

Yes sir! Still available and ready to go. 55K service in March and new front control arm bushings yesterday. DRC is still working, but I do have the letter from AoA in case it goes out in the future.

rs6 ltwt
May 16th, 2009, 03:50
PM sent.

Dave - I do not need convincing.

So I have found the Jag XJR quite comfortable, and capable for the bazillion miles I drive.

But i miss the RS6. In walks some random liking my car at the hand car wash. He wants to buy *precisely* my car.

Issue 1) We'll see how it goes tomorrow.
Issue 2) I am cheap because of the miles I spin up (but also realistic) and this car will soon need the t-belt service again (under my tenure) plus a Fidelity warranty.

Stay tuned....

maverik09
May 16th, 2009, 05:21
Andy,
Already missing it I see. Although, I will say I can see how it would easily be missed. Thanks to you I am still loving mine. Yellow is a pretty sharp color, not for everyone, but I personally think it's pretty nice. :addict:

rs6 ltwt
May 16th, 2009, 17:18
So the guy checked out my Jag. Wants it; needs to "talk to his wife".

:eye:

Jason...you tired of "my" Avus car and wanna sell it?....lol

Looks like I may (hopefully) be in yellow soon, IF this guy's wife gives the go ahead.

Yellow RS6
May 16th, 2009, 19:16
Whats the story on the bushings? Were you able to get the price lower with just the bushing replacement? Or did you go whole arms?

Andy - PM replied.

I ended up doing just the bushing at the dealership - $613 w/tax after 20% coupon. I did try two recommended indy shops, but neither gave me much confidence when I spoke to them on the phone, and both said they would need to call back with a definite price - but neither called back! So I just went with the dealership.

maverik09
May 17th, 2009, 14:51
No, not quite tired of it yet. Not even sure that I will ever be. A horrible addiction you have imparted upon me. Thanks :jlol:

rs6 ltwt
May 19th, 2009, 17:38
Jag buyer has evaporated. No response. None.

So looks like I am on hold.

'Course now I may be forced to advertise and go forward with a sale sooner than expected.

Yellow RS6
July 10th, 2009, 21:23
Bumpty bump.

Maverick
July 13th, 2009, 17:25
is this car still for sale?? what's the price?

Yellow RS6
July 13th, 2009, 17:47
Still for sale, asking $28K.

Maverick
July 13th, 2009, 17:50
never mind, I see those pictures on photobuckets.

Yellow RS6
July 13th, 2009, 18:05
Cool. I was about to reply to your PM but I see you found them!

Maverick
July 13th, 2009, 22:29
can you email me at xbwang87@yahoo.com? I would like to talk with you there

Yellow RS6
July 24th, 2009, 21:57
Figure I would post it here before the weekend. If nothing happens by Monday, I'll relist it on ebay.

andrejs
July 25th, 2009, 16:42
Figure I would post it here before the weekend. If nothing happens by Monday, I'll relist it on ebay.

Hmm, I am selling my Imola B5 S4 right now, and if that goes through, I'll be keeping an eye on your Imola :hihi: Great car!

Also, is it possible to get any sort of an aftermarket/3rd party (Fidelity) extended warranty on this vehicle? (I noticed you mentioned that Audi warranties do not transfer)

Yellow RS6
July 25th, 2009, 22:34
I'm sure you could get a warranty for it, I'm just not sure how. Maybe one of the guys that has bought one for a privately purchased car could chime in?

DuckWingDuck
July 26th, 2009, 00:02
Just contact any car dealership that sells fidelity warranty to get a quote

andrejs
July 26th, 2009, 00:07
Just contact any car dealership that sells fidelity warranty to get a quote

It's that simple? I'm guessing that they'd need to inspect the car first. Would that be the case?

DuckWingDuck
July 26th, 2009, 05:34
Probably an inspection is needed but I am not sure. There are some folks that have bought a fidelity, but the bottom line is fidelity does not sell directly to consumers so you'll have to go through a dealership; however, you needn't go through an audi dealership.

andrejs
July 26th, 2009, 05:41
Thanks.. Hopefully the Imola will still be available by the time I'm ready to buy :)

DuckWingDuck
July 26th, 2009, 06:06
keep those fingers crossed. Where in the Southland are you? there's a good number of us around.

andrejs
July 26th, 2009, 06:10
keep those fingers crossed. Where in the Southland are you? there's a good number of us around.

I'm in the Pasadena area, but I rarely see an RS6. I've only seen maybe 2 or 3 within the last year. I go to a local Audi meet regularly, and of course, we never get any RS6's. A few RS4's, one R8, and S4's (B5 and B6, B7) are the regulars.

V8weight
July 26th, 2009, 06:18
Hmm, I am selling my Imola B5 S4 right now, and if that goes through, I'll be keeping an eye on your Imola :hihi: Great car!

Also, is it possible to get any sort of an aftermarket/3rd party (Fidelity) extended warranty on this vehicle? (I noticed you mentioned that Audi warranties do not transfer)
Is your S4 an Avant? Do you have any links to your ad?

andrejs
July 26th, 2009, 06:23
Is your S4 an Avant? Do you have any links to your ad?

Nope, not an avant. No B5 avants were brought to the US. There's only about 3-5 that have been imported, and none are Imola.

I dont have an official ad page, sorry, just a thread on another Audi forum, here (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299983)

DuckWingDuck
July 27th, 2009, 05:20
hehe, right in the pasadena I know of at least 3! But ya, the rest of us are pretty scattered all over the southland.

scottmandu
July 29th, 2009, 22:15
Nope, not an avant. No B5 avants were brought to the US. There's only about 3-5 that have been imported, and none are Imola.

I dont have an official ad page, sorry, just a thread on another Audi forum, here (http://www.audizine.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299983)

?? There were B5 S4 avants imported to the USA I've seen a dozen sell at the salvage auctions.

andrejs
July 29th, 2009, 22:17
?? There were B5 S4 avants imported to the USA I've seen a dozen sell at the salvage auctions.

Sorry, I was thinking RS4. :looking:

Yellow RS6
September 2nd, 2009, 15:47
Bump - $26,500.

Yellow RS6
October 1st, 2009, 20:57
Made another payment, new price - $26,000. Current miles - 63,600.

Edit - forgot to mention, new Centric Posi-Quiet pads (f&r) 2 weeks ago.

Yellow RS6
October 15th, 2009, 18:54
Bump!

Also, just turned 64,000 miles this morning.

AudiRS4ever
October 15th, 2009, 20:38
I really wish you the best of luck selling your car. You seem like a standup person.

ben916
October 15th, 2009, 23:14
hehe, right in the pasadena I know of at least 3! But ya, the rest of us are pretty scattered all over the southland.

I saw one about 3 weeks ago at the SD airport and due to the amount of noise (jets and auditory attacks of "no parking!" etc), I was not able to hear the exhaust note...

Silver with standard rims and rather dark tint...

Yellow RS6
October 16th, 2009, 13:39
I really wish you the best of luck selling your car. You seem like a standup person.

Thank you, sir.

Alright, let's get moving here - $25,500.

R1
October 16th, 2009, 13:45
that's a good price for a well taken care RS

Yellow RS6
October 16th, 2009, 15:02
Thanks. I think it's a great price, but I am a little biased -lol.

rc69
October 28th, 2009, 21:28
Great car.

Has it had any transmission problems?

Yellow RS6
October 29th, 2009, 15:49
Not in the year that I've had it, and not according to the service records.

Yellow RS6
November 23rd, 2009, 17:39
Mods, can you delete this thread please? The car is off the market for now.

NSXER
December 12th, 2009, 18:39
YellowRS6...just sent you a PM. Please give me a call. 620-229-3143

Brian

Yellow RS6
December 18th, 2009, 18:33
Brian (NSXER above) and his friend flew in to Atlanta this morning and are on their way back to Kansas as I type this.

DonS
December 18th, 2009, 18:40
I wonder what he's going to do with an RS6 on those wide open roads in Kansas??:incar:

Congrats on the sale.

NSXER
December 20th, 2009, 04:24
Brian (NSXER above) and his friend flew in to Atlanta this morning and are on their way back to Kansas as I type this.

Made it back...1,000+ miles. YellowRS6 stated the car exactly as it was....extremely nice condition. This is exactly the RS6 I have been looking for...thanks again John.

Brian

Ruergard
December 20th, 2009, 08:21
Nice to see that everything wen't well, both for seller and buyer.

Great Beast!