PDA

View Full Version : There are Zero RS6s on Ebay right now.

DHall1
December 29th, 2008, 03:50
Just an observation.

These are quickly running out. Low mileage examples are just about gone.

jbtexas
December 29th, 2008, 15:12
Just an observation.

Just about, but not quite.... for the price of new well equipped A4, you can have mine :thumb:

Mr Balsen
December 29th, 2008, 15:43
Like the RS2 or the RS4 biturbo in Europe, people will soon realize how good is the RS6 V8. Value should not decrease too much for the good and clean cars...

Frederic

DHall1
December 29th, 2008, 17:25
We are in the process of a change in the "type" of RS6 owner.

Nothing bad or nothing against current owners. I may even be one of them. But as prices drop to rock bottom levels that in turn opens up the market to a different group or demographic of folks.

We are looking at a younger crowd and folks that for the first time can reach the levels of automotive buying that can attain a RS6.

That combined with the poor economy and you have prices dropping, lowball offers, false buyers that offer lowball and then never follow through.

Now, where does condition fall into all of this. My thought is that condition is secondary to price for some of these folks. Because its the low price for this group that is gaining entrance into the RS6 arena. Now, if this is true then we will soon see a rapid turnover of used RS6s because the above buyers will not be able to afford the upkeep on a used RS6 with 60k and no extended warranty coverage. The first turbo failure or torque converter failure will spell doom for the owner.

Am I all wet here?? There will always be a spot for low mileage and condition to hold RS6 values. Its just getting smaller and smaller.

Like the RS2 or the RS4 biturbo in Europe, people will soon realize how good is the RS6 V8. Value should not decrease too much for the good and clean cars...

Frederic

DHall1
December 29th, 2008, 18:26
Lastly,

There are a good number that just are not selling. The dealers are getting tired of just putting cars up over and over and over again.

Price is the final factor and once the wolves smell a drop in price they keep biting at the heels. :eek: and the price drops again.

I say just like gas prices. Dont sell or dont drive. Let the wolves find a better car for the money. Dont sell rock bottom and dont think 5 dollar a gallon gas will continue. :deal: We still own all of our gas hogs. It didnt even cause me to think about some micro mini this or smart car that. If you really look closely, the best Toyota Prius gets 34mpg. I can get 23 or so on the hwy with the RS6. Hmmm, which would I rather drive??? Does it make sense for me to go dump a perfectly good car or truck and take a beating on trade just to save 10mpg??

NOT

Just an observation.

Mr Balsen
December 29th, 2008, 18:56
Am I all wet here?? There will always be a spot for low mileage and condition to hold RS6 values. Its just getting smaller and smaller.

I can not agree more with you on that one...

Frederic

grizz
December 29th, 2008, 20:36
The fuel in the uk went up to £1.24 a litre ! ! ! !It's now back down to £0.93 a litre.
Keep the car , what can you get for the same price or even double thats as good ????

RS6-4dr911
December 30th, 2008, 05:02
Anyone see the recent Top Gear where they chased a Prius around the track in a new M3 - the M3 got better mileage for the same performance !!

And the previous comments about the demographic shift - a major issue on a car with a strained owner may well lead to more RS6's being parted out - raising prices of remaining good examples due to reduced population?