PDA

View Full Version : Help me; AC/temparature control unit

SapporoRS6
December 28th, 2008, 12:01
Hello everyone on rs6.com, please help me.

I found LED display of the AC/temparature control unit sometimes didn't work and I decided to replace it (whole unit). I am lucky enough to find a used stock on eBay. My RS6 is the model for Japan and temparature is displayed with Celsius (C). The unit on eBay will be pulled out of A6 (not RS6) US model and I am afraid that temparature used in US model may be Fahrenheit (F) .

Please let me know about the unit of temparature used in US models, ARIGATO!
(Sorry for my poor English:bow: )

DHall1
December 28th, 2008, 15:49
Well,

The US unit will be in Fahrenheit. I think the A6 will work if its from the same year. 03-04.

I also seem to remember a way to convert from F to C in degrees. It involves pushing and holding a series of control unit buttons.

Do a search of "programming the heater control" on this site and audiworld.com.

Let us know and post some pics of your car.

Hello everyone on rs6.com, please help me.

I found LED display of the AC/temparature control unit sometimes didn't work and I decided to replace it (whole unit). I am lucky enough to find a used stock on eBay. My RS6 is the model for Japan and temparature is displayed with Celsius (C). The unit on eBay will be pulled out of A6 (not RS6) US model and I am afraid that temparature used in US model may be Fahrenheit (F) .

Please let me know about the unit of temparature used in US models, ARIGATO!
(Sorry for my poor English:bow: )

hahnmgh63
December 28th, 2008, 17:27
Even though they look the same it needs to have the correct part # to work properly, that is, the proper suffix, the last letter or two in the case of the RS6. The part # is 4B0 820 043 AR. It is the "AR" at the end of the part # which designates it for the particular configuration. It doesn't have to come from an RS6 but other years and models will have a similiar looking head unit but with different programming.

SapporoRS6
December 29th, 2008, 03:22
Thank you so much, DHall1 and hahnmgh63.

I will ask the seller about the part # and its suffix 'AR'.
I couldn't search the hidden command for converting Fahrenheit to Celsius but I keep on trying...:hihi:

To tell the truth, the RS6 is not MINE yet. One of my friends owns it and I will buy it next months.

Thank you again for your prompt and kind reply.

Keishiro
--------------------
1999 Nissan Skyline GT-R
1988 Rover Mini

snoopra
December 29th, 2008, 03:49
I may be wrong, but it shouldn't matter. You should be able to change from Fahrenheit to Celcius and viseversa.