PDA

View Full Version : Audi needs more good tuner...

tvrfan
December 26th, 2008, 00:38
first of all, i love audi to death :rs6kiss:

but, in my eyes compared to BMW today i think audi needs more good tuners. the most audi tuners offering a also bad looking body kit =(. look at BMW they have G-Power, Breyton, Hamann, Ac-Schnitzer...............( SO MUCH more high end tuner, more then audi) and then a exclusive tuner named Alpina. also the models today from BMW makes me sick, the 335i is so fucking moddfriendly like our old B5 S4. i wish audi would make cars in future wich are so moddfriendly and find such a huge fan community like our B5 S4 or 335i. audi needs also more exclusive tuners. (ok audi is stuck in VAG) but i would love to see an audi exclusive tuner/s. and iam getting a little boring about the audi tuners i dont know mtm or abt. are tuning their cars from design looking always the same. also BMW has set new world speed record with the hurricane M5 and beat the Brabus rocket (Im missing a comparable car from audi, not the bimoto TT). wheres audi and there tuners to compare and blow AMG and M cars tuner out of water???? !!!!

what do you think, will we see in future more moddfriendly cars from audi like old B5 S4 or 335i??? i hope so!

Kliko61
December 26th, 2008, 01:46
I think it has to do with the fact that Audi always uses quattro for their powered models....Space is very important. Bmw fit the V10 in the 3-series, why Audi can' t do that with their V10 in the A4??

Michaël Barbé
December 27th, 2008, 21:31
tvrfan, I think you better think your posts true.

I think MTM is the best tuner money can buy. If you think G-power is better, go and buy yourself a BMW. Straightlineperformance isn't everything, it's just a piece of the pie. Remember that!

MB
:rs6kiss:

Mr Balsen
December 27th, 2008, 22:30
I think it has to do with the fact that Audi always uses quattro for their powered models....Space is very important. Bmw fit the V10 in the 3-series, why Audi can' t do that with their V10 in the A4??

Because today's Audi Gearbox has to be at the level of the front wheel. Imagine a V10 in front of it in an A4 Body !!!

Oettinger years ago did an A4-B5 with a V8. It was so nose heavy....

Frederic

The Pretender
December 28th, 2008, 01:23
Because today's Audi Gearbox has to be at the level of the front wheel. Imagine a V10 in front of it in an A4 Body !!!

Oettinger years ago did an A4-B5 with a V8. It was so nose heavy....

Frederic
That's why Audi stopped building cars with the longitudinal inline 5, to much nose heavy.
The new RS6 is a awesome piece of machinery, but it connors like shit.
Audi tuners like, Oettinger, Sportec, Abt, MTM and Wimmer-RST are good enough.

Jarod.

Mr Balsen
December 28th, 2008, 07:29
Audi is not doing a new generation of gearbox to allow the engine to be central-front position ?????

I heard the Estoque has this new architecture. But was without engine and gearbox at Paris Show not to display the latest feature from Audi...

Frederic

The Pretender
December 28th, 2008, 11:12
Aud could use a 180 degree turned R8 Quattro drivetrain and put it in a front engined car.
In that case the gearbox is in front of the engine and the engine is behind the front axel.
Seeing the space between the front wheels and the door by the Estoque something like this is possible.

Jarod.

Michaël Barbé
December 28th, 2008, 11:36
The new RS6 is a awesome piece of machinery, but it connors like shit.

Jarod.

Ouch... That hurts:(

MB
:rs6kiss:

ruckus
January 15th, 2009, 03:55
I too am disappointed in the lack thereof of Audi tuners... Here in the states we have Stassis, AWE, VF, APR, but they mostly concentrate on one aspect, big turbo, software, etc... Not really catering to a complete tuning package solution.

But I get what you mean about the plethora of BMW tuners out there with complete tuning programs (wheels, software, body kits, etc...)

M3 owner
January 16th, 2009, 09:30
S & RS models don’t need body kits or wheels. 99% of the body kits I’ve seen 4 Audis have degraded the appearance of the car.
With the exception of a set of Bimoto Rims,the S/RS wheels look better than any aftermarket wheels.

Bogdan
January 16th, 2009, 10:02
You are right about RS cars and body kits: they don't need them. As for tuners, MTM is good enough for me. As for the 335i, that car is not so moddedfriendly as people might think, and that is because of the ECU. As far as I know, only Vishnu or something like that tuned the 335i to 400 hp, the rest only exhaust, not even ECU management.

crespo
January 16th, 2009, 13:48
First of all, tvrfan: you complain way too much.

Second: Audi has enough aftermarket support to keep many people happy. You want coilovers? you got it. Exhaust? Easy. ECU? Wheels? Turbos? Superchargers? CAI? All of them are readily available from at least one company.

What do you want in an Audi that you can't find aftermarket support for? I don't get this post. You complain about Audi like it's your job.

Bodykits? Please.

M3 owner
January 16th, 2009, 21:36
You are right about RS cars and body kits: they don't need them. As for tuners, MTM is good enough for me. As for the 335i, that car is not so moddedfriendly as people might think, and that is because of the ECU. As far as I know, only Vishnu or something like that tuned the 335i to 400 hp, the rest only exhaust, not even ECU management.

Dinan,EVOtech,Active Autoworke & Kelleners all have chips/ecu’s 4 the 335/135. Active Autoworke even has a supercharger 4 the E92 M3.

Bogdan
January 18th, 2009, 09:26
I guess I'm not so much into BMW then. My bad, and although I like the new M3 as well as the 335i, I 'm more an Audi guy, so I'm not so up to date with BMW tuners.