PDA

View Full Version : braking while accelorating

garbi
December 23rd, 2008, 10:17
hey guys , we all know that off the mark the car bogs down braking while accerolating .
tracking the car is a problem with this.
one of the tuners systems( revo , etc) can override this precaution.
is there any other way ?
i've already had the car's ecu done by DNA and i'm very very happy . with a modded air intake , decat and 98 fuel i got 295 kw's on the wheels .its very quick ( m3's m5's & m6's are a joke).

i heard that buy removing the brake fuse , it will disconnect the system ???
but that might also diconnect the abs.

any info on this would be great please

thanks, garbi

DHall1
December 23rd, 2008, 14:39
I think what you are asking we term "power brake" in the US. Your looking to load the engine against the brake and take off. Correct.

If so, then you better save $10,000 dollars for a new transmission. That safeguard is built in to prevent transmission damage.

There are some threads to perfect a procedure to properly take off with the RS6. Check "drag racing" as a search term.

Its not by surprise, but you will have a faster take off by taking it easy on the car during the launch process.

hey guys , we all know that off the mark the car bogs down braking while accerolating .
tracking the car is a problem with this.
one of the tuners systems( revo , etc) can override this precaution.
is there any other way ?
i've already had the car's ecu done by DNA and i'm very very happy . with a modded air intake , decat and 98 fuel i got 295 kw's on the wheels .its very quick ( m3's m5's & m6's are a joke).

i heard that buy removing the brake fuse , it will disconnect the system ???
but that might also diconnect the abs.

any info on this would be great please

thanks, garbi

cornishmoocher
December 23rd, 2008, 14:44
295 Kw at the wheels is about 400hp = approx 500bhp (100hp DT losses is normal) I would try turning off the ESP.
My csar has never"braked" under hard Acc'n, it bogs down if the ESP is on but that is to be expected, turn it off, then the only thing you have to worry about is the torque limiter, and unless you have the box mapped, you can pull as many fuses as you want, it aint getting no quicker. Just out of interest, my car is an Avant and about 420Whp, so not too dissimilar to yours- is under 4 seconds 0-60 not quick enough??

DHall1
December 23rd, 2008, 15:04
Exactly.

There are factory safe guards if the ECU starts to see wide open throttle and or boost levels while the car is standing still.

The trick is to launch the car as you release the brake pedal and not just sit there for 5 seconds holding the brake and mashing the gas pedal like a caveman. jk

Its "not so easy a caveman could do it" Thanks Geico. :wo:

I think it was Copper that posted the special drag racing launch for our car. Do a searh under his name or maybe he will see this thread.

295 Kw at the wheels is about 400hp = approx 500bhp (100hp DT losses is normal) I would try turning off the ESP.
My csar has never"braked" under hard Acc'n, it bogs down if the ESP is on but that is to be expected, turn it off, then the only thing you have to worry about is the torque limiter, and unless you have the box mapped, you can pull as many fuses as you want, it aint getting no quicker. Just out of interest, my car is an Avant and about 420Whp, so not too dissimilar to yours- is under 4 seconds 0-60 not quick enough??

cornishmoocher
December 23rd, 2008, 15:59
There are a few ways to get a good launch, but IIRC the thread is good and covers most.

For a flat start I like holding brake down then lifting off 2 or 3 seconds before the green light, then give it about 5000 rpm- you have no slip or bogging and then when second is hit you can plant it this regularly will give me 4 second 0-60s. Occassionall i will give it 6000ish and try to anticipate the auto change and catch it just before it jumps to 2nd. This will give me a sub 4 second 0-60, but its still stressing the box like buggary!

I think what we are saying garbi, is play with it at your peril! Noen of us on here likes to hear of a dead car or tranny, and will always give anyone asmuch advice as possible, you may get a few different POV's, but essentially everyone will have your best interests at heart. Its up to you what you do with the advice matey!

CheeRS Alex

garbi
December 24th, 2008, 19:40
hey guys , thanks for the info but my interest is in left foot braking while being on the track.
i dont ever race from 0 .-.... only on rolling start 1st or 2nd.
doing quarter miles and stand still blasts destroy the tranny.
the car bogs down for a second or so when on the track with left foot braking since i'm used to this style of driving
http://rs6 race daygarbi

DHall1
December 24th, 2008, 23:36
Ahhh, you are road tracking the car. Still I am confused as to why the brake is on in the first place.

Are you trail braking on entry to corner.....or on exit and applying the gas??

:doh:

hey guys , thanks for the info but my interest is in left foot braking while being on the track.
i dont ever race from 0 .-.... only on rolling start 1st or 2nd.
doing quarter miles and stand still blasts destroy the tranny.
the car bogs down for a second or so when on the track with left foot braking since i'm used to this style of driving
http://rs6 race daygarbi

garbi
December 26th, 2008, 09:26
correct , trail braking on entry.
mainly on fast sweeping corners entry , just a few dabs
it boggs down for a second or so , very frustrating.