PDA

View Full Version : here is a good one guys

troyjgaspard
December 23rd, 2008, 01:18
me and my fiance and the three kids are out looking at xmas lights the other night when i decided to go to sonic and get a pineapple and caramel malt before returning home when all of a sudden a silver crew cab dodge pickup truck pulls alongside me and acts a little cocky.so i signal to them to make the turn around here where i live and go for about a 1/2 mile straight away.and i didnt even try to see what this truck was as i really didnt care.when we are getting ready to launch i hear him winding up some serious rpms and holding like he has a transbrake or something.when we launch he is nose to nose with me and stayed there till we got to where i hit 3200 rpms and my turbos started spooling up then i walked away from him and it was only getting uglier for him the further we went.i have an 03 rs6 with 19"360 forged three piece wheels and 550 horsepower.when we stopped at the light i talked to the guy and as it turns out it was a slr dodge viper truck and i had to give him his respect for a big ole truck he was quick.i myself weigh 250 plus my 125 lb fiance and three kids weighing 180 equals 550 plus a full tank of fuel my ole beast still has it but i was really supprised to have a two wheel drive vehicle keep up with me off the jump.dodge almost has something there..almost..lol.anybody know anything about this new program for the beasts that supposedly kick up over 700 horses?i am interested in throwing that in my beast to see what she will do then.

DuckWingDuck
December 23rd, 2008, 01:27
what's a slr dodge viper truck? A dodge pick up with a viper engine? Who on god's green earth would perform such a horrible thing to a viper engine?

Bigglezworth
December 23rd, 2008, 03:42
what's a slr dodge viper truck? A dodge pick up with a viper engine? Who on god's green earth would perform such a horrible thing to a viper engine?
SRT10 - not an SLR.... Nothing new. They have been around for years. Viper motor in a Dodge 1500 truck.

hahnmgh63
December 23rd, 2008, 10:55
Yea, it isn't actually a Viper engine (which has and aluminum block) but a Cast iron version of the Viper V10. A fairly low tech motor that gets its power the old fashioned way, through cubic inches. It is a push rod motor that is has some newer technology improvements as port fuel injection, roller lifters & cams and the heads were designed by Lamborghine when Chrysler still owned them before Audi's purchase of Lamborghini. It is either a earlier 8.0ltr motor or the later 8.3 (not sure if they did the SRT10 trucks with the 8.3ltr motors. I had a Viper for years. It was a fun car but the earlier ones were fairly crude. Overall I think it is a novel approach to go to a simple car for Chrysler.

chewym
December 23rd, 2008, 11:07
Correction, the SRT-10 has the actual Viper engine from the second gen Viper. But the original Viper engine was a modified (and aluminum) version of a truck V10. Coming full circle.

The SRT-10 gets to 60 in the 5 second range.