PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself and my new RS6

V8weight
December 23rd, 2008, 01:15
I just wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up my RS6 on saturday the 6th. Its avus silver, with a silver and carbon fiber gut. 58,000 miles. I was able to enjoy it for about 4 days, before the drc went out. Wow, what luck. Its been in the service dept. ever since, and it sounds like I won't be seeing it again till mid January. On the bright side, It sounds like they are going to be installing coilovers under their 30 day warranty. So basically solving an emminant problem in the first week of ownership. In the mean time I'm driving their 2006 volvo s60, heater and keys loaner. What an aweful car. I traded in my coveted 2004 S4, and am really starting to miss it.:cry:

DuckWingDuck
December 23rd, 2008, 01:28
welcome! picture! drc sucks! ;)

V8weight
December 23rd, 2008, 01:31
Sorry, I never got a chance to snap a picture. When I get it back I'll be sure to post one. I forgot to mention it has an Eisenmann axle back exhaust, sounds sublime!

DHall1
December 23rd, 2008, 03:53
Welcome. I do suspect the DRC was shot when you picked it up.

Make sure they put the KW V3 struts on the car. Dont assume.

I just wanted to introduce myself. I just picked up my RS6 on saturday the 6th. Its avus silver, with a silver and carbon fiber gut. 58,000 miles. I was able to enjoy it for about 4 days, before the drc went out. Wow, what luck. Its been in the service dept. ever since, and it sounds like I won't be seeing it again till mid January. On the bright side, It sounds like they are going to be installing coilovers under their 30 day warranty. So basically solving an emminant problem in the first week of ownership. In the mean time I'm driving their 2006 volvo s60, heater and keys loaner. What an aweful car. I traded in my coveted 2004 S4, and am really starting to miss it.:cry:

hahnmgh63
December 23rd, 2008, 10:48
When you say they are installing coilovers, what brand? Is this a Audi dealer? If it is the S6 suspension we have heard that Audi is trying to install it may be a lot more reliable but will be a performance decrease and that is not what you/we all paid for. If it is on warranty they need to do more. If it isn't, then KW seems to be the only good stateside improvement available.

V8weight
December 24th, 2008, 00:19
just got a call from the dealership today. They are actually a vw dealer ship that sells tons of used audis. mostly high end performance stuff, the gm is a real enthusiast. anyhow they are installing H&R coilovers free of charge. I'm pretty sure these aren't available in the states, but they are ordering them from Germany. I'm considering having them order a pair of H-Sport sways and installing them while its up in the air.

DuckWingDuck
December 24th, 2008, 01:19
H&Rs are good, cheaper than KW and ya, practically impossible to find in the US, I couldn't find a source for them when I pulled my DRC out. You might as well put in the sway bars now, but my technician recommended that I drive it a bit before putting them in. Anyway, my car's going back soon to get that shit put in.

V8weight
January 9th, 2009, 00:57
Well, I have a bit of an update, well more or less of a rant. So I bought my Rs6 on Dec. 6th, realized immediatly that the DRC was shot, and brought it in for service less than a week later. 4 weeks later and I still do not have my car back. The H&R coilovers never showed up, probably still in customs somewhere in Europe, so they have now ordered a set of KW V3's. a better setup in my opinion, but a decision made about 3 weeks too late. I understand coming from the auto service industry that they were trying to save some money with the H&R's, But I have to make my first payment on this car next week, and It wasn't in my posession for 5 days since I've owned it. anyways, if anyone has any favorite KW settings, I'de like to hear about them. I did a search, but only came up with a few results from initial setups. Sorry for the whine session.

HeadShot
January 9th, 2009, 01:02
read... this - KW suspension fitted with Mods.. It's on the first page!!!!!!!!
Currently running at factory rear and one click firmer on the front.. feels nice. If ya get the mods suggested you can try it yourself.. it's so easy!!!

V8weight
January 9th, 2009, 01:29
sorry, I had read your entire post, but thought you were still tweaking the adjustments. last I had read you were +2 all the way around, and experiencing some hop around bumpy corners. thanks for the update though, sounds like most are going with stock settings in the rear, and a click firmer in the front. It never hurts to have too much info though.

DHall1
January 9th, 2009, 04:02
Given your MN cold winters and bad roads.

I would opt for stock KW settings or maybe even go 1-2 clicks softer.

sorry, I had read your entire post, but thought you were still tweaking the adjustments. last I had read you were +2 all the way around, and experiencing some hop around bumpy corners. thanks for the update though, sounds like most are going with stock settings in the rear, and a click firmer in the front. It never hurts to have too much info though.

rle55
November 13th, 2009, 17:38
hi there, i just purchased an rs6 and it has the same exhaust you have. (eisenmann) but mine sticks out farther though...anyway, did you cut yours? yours look better and more flush. let me know what you did when you get a chance ok.

thanks!
RL

V8weight
November 13th, 2009, 19:01
Loosen up the two clamps where the axle back meets up with the midpips (I beleive it's 4 16mm bolts) and take a soft faced dead blow mallet and gently pound on the tips to drive the axle back assy inwards. You can also rotate the assembly upwards at this time to draw the tips up into the bumper. Here is before and after pics, I moved mine in I shit you not 3".
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/011.jpg
http://i722.photobucket.com/albums/ww228/Pellis833/002.jpg

rle55
November 13th, 2009, 20:02
thanks for getting back w/ me and posting pics! definetely helps! close to going nuts and looking at milltek tips w/c cost $700/pair!!!ouch! - unfortunatelly,the dealer/salesman doesn't know anything about the car soi have to do my own research( honestly i think the car is chipped too but hopefully i can dig up something and find the former owner and go from there. the car is very resposive and powerful. anyway, i will buy a mallet tonight and see how it goes and will probably post pics later! - thanks again

ronnie

V8weight
November 14th, 2009, 05:24
where are you located?

RS6-4dr911
November 14th, 2009, 11:15
anyways, if anyone has any favorite KW settings, I'de like to hear about them. I did a search, but only came up with a few results from initial setups. Sorry for the whine session.

http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=73478

V8weight
November 14th, 2009, 17:21
http://www.rs246.com/index.php?name=PNphpBB2&file=viewtopic&t=73478
I have it figured out now, this thread is almost a year old.:)

rle55
November 15th, 2009, 00:20
i'm in CT. btw, tried using the rubber mallet but it seems something is stopping it and wont go thru...i'm thinking shortening it, i don't know. what to do..