PDA

View Full Version : Configuring new RS6 sedan

Modulo
December 22nd, 2008, 06:21
I am about to place an order for RS6 sedan and I would appreciate it if you guys help me with some of the extras.

My first question is about the seats. Do you think that I should go for the bucket seats or the standard sport seats are supportive enough? The car will be my daily driver so I don't want to sacrifice the comfort too much. Are the bucket seats the same as in the R8? Do you seat lower in the bucket seats than in the standard sport seats? I like to sit as low in the car as possible.

Thanks!

artur777
December 22nd, 2008, 07:47
standard seats of course for dd

cata4
December 22nd, 2008, 09:16
I picked the standard seats !

Modulo
December 22nd, 2008, 16:18
After I tried the bucket seats in the R8 today I am definitely going for the standard sport seats.

The final thing that I have to decide is the brakes. What do you think about the ceramic brakes? One person tells me that they are a must, another says that they are only needed for track use.

I am perfectly fine without ceramic brakes on my 997TT cabrio. However I've driven a GT2 (ceramics are standard) and I can tell the difference.

I want to finalize my car configuration tomorrow and prepare myself for the 3 month wating.

The rest of the car is:

- Daytona gray
- Titan-look 20" wheels
- Metaicblack Valcona leather
- Leather Dashboard on the side of the driver
- 280 km/h Speed limiter + carbon cover for the engine
- Bluetooth mobile phone connection with privacy handset.
- Navigation
- Homelink
- Adaptive lights
- Advanced parking system
- High beam assist
- Advanced key
- Door armset in leather
- Memory function for front seats
- Rear window blind, electric with manual side blinds
- Electric slide-and-tilt glass sunroof
- Power door closure
- Twin-pane heat and UV insulating glass
- Electrically-adjustable steering column

Am I missing something?

Erik
December 22nd, 2008, 16:26
Am I missing something?

Only the 700 hp MTM power upgrade :hahahehe:

TheBrit
December 22nd, 2008, 18:36
Am I missing something?
iPod interface? Heated seats?

As for the ceramics, well that's really down to how much you want to spend I guess. For how long I keep cars for (not long), and how little they add to residual price at resale, it just didn't pan in for me - you can replace the standard brakes a fair few times for the cost!

The standard brakes are plenty up to the job for standard fast road use (if I haven't cooked mine in 14,000 miles, they're good!), so unless you're planning to track or hit the 'ring, I wouldn't say they're a "must have", more of a "if you want to have"...

So, 3 months then - we'll be waiting for pictures!

kju
December 22nd, 2008, 19:00
if you have the money go for ceramics....
if you dont want to spent (actually pretty much) more the standard brakes also will stop your car.

Qisha
December 22nd, 2008, 20:01
Dear Modulo,

please allow to ask some questions for a objective recommandation:

-where are you situated?

-what is your annual mileage?

-how tall are you? what is your weight?

-how would you describe your driving style?

Qisha

Modulo
December 23rd, 2008, 06:21
Dear Modulo,

please allow to ask some questions for a objective recommandation:

-where are you situated?

-what is your annual mileage?

-how tall are you? what is your weight?

-how would you describe your driving style?

Qisha

Quisha, here are the answers:

- I am living in Bulgaria. We have bad and dirty roads.
- I expect to cover about 20 000 km per year
- I am 187, 85 kg.
- The speed limit on our highways is 130 km/h but I am usually driving in the 180 - 280 km/h range. You can still "negotiate" with the police when they catch you. On normal roads I am usually overtaking the other cars whenever it is possible which is really easy with the turbo. So I would say that I am driving fast but not to the extreme. To give you an idea, the tires and the brake pads of my turbo have to be changed for the first time after 24 000 km which is not that bad.

KresoF1
December 23rd, 2008, 07:39
In that case standard brakes and standard S sportseats. I forget one thing in my PM to you on other forum. Besides Black Nardia roofliner I would order exterior rear view mirrors in exterior color(Daytona), in my opinion that would look much better with Titanium 20".

roadrunner
December 23rd, 2008, 08:49
... I would order exterior rear view mirrors in exterior color(Daytona), in my opinion that would look much better with Titanium 20".

Was there not a titanium finish of the mirrors planned? At least the first bunch of the blue Avants with black optics had them.

This would be my choice with the titanium wheels.

Modulo
December 23rd, 2008, 15:54
Was there not a titanium finish of the mirrors planned? At least the first bunch of the blue Avants with black optics had them.

This would be my choice with the titanium wheels.

I will not order the black optic package. Only the titanium-look wheels.
@Kreso: I will keep the standard polished aluminum side mirrors. For me they have always been a distinguishing element of the S/RS Audis.

Otherwise I am a bit afraid that Daytona gray too dark for me. It's even darker than the Meteor gray on my turbo. I thought about ordering custom color - Porsche's GT Silver but I am afraid to experiment. And unfortunately I don't like Monza silver.

Can anyone tell me if the ceramics on the RS6 are good for normal city driving? If they are only good at high temperature it will make my decision easier.
My order has been submitted to Audi today so that I don't lose time while deciding on the ceramics.

Thank you guys for the help!

Qisha
December 23rd, 2008, 18:53
Dear Modulo,

according to the information you provided:

the bucket seats do match with your "physics" but are a compromise between comfort, daily drive and sitting posture. You should be well with the standard seats.

Your configuration will add up to around a "ready to drive" weight of approx. 2.100kg. That is about 500kg more than the Porsche 997 Turbo Cabrio.

The ceramic brake option is a good choice, even for your drving characteristics. As you had the chance to drive a ceramic brake equipped car, you surely noticed- you will have to adjust your brake behaviour. The full potential comes up under high temperatures, which is easier to achieve with a heavier car. Starting off cold, you are in need to warm the brakes up a little, to give you the "save feedback" you might want to notice. Do this by staying on the brake, gentle, for a while. Soon the brake is at a temperature where it gets the benefits of its nature. A weak point is the wet behaviour, as the ceramic surface needs a tick to get grip. The "washers" on the inside controlled by the ABS do help to minimize this effect. For driving safety you should learn to "feel" the driver/brake cooperation. 20" Wheel combo is needed as well. Overall, i would order the ceramic brake anytime.

The color you are looking for is "Quarzgrau metallic".

Qisha