PDA

View Full Version : Sweet snow challenge, Audi,volvo,BMW

kju
December 21st, 2008, 19:16
its a sweet video , dont know if you already have seen it.

its pretty cool

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ii_fXvg98w4&feature=channel_page

Bigglezworth
December 22nd, 2008, 18:33
I couldn’t understand it at all. But given that I live where winter conditions are mild to extreme depending on the week (and my owen personal experience) for winter conditions, tires makes vastly more difference than the type of AWD system, when it comes to traction. Do all the vehicles have the same tires? If not, the test is completely bogus. If so, then the Audi did better at driving up a ski run … not something 99.9999% of people ever do. As long as owners with an AWD car get up their driveway or whatever - there’s no such thing as one being better than the other.

Of course, there are lots of other variables too … the tires sizes, the weight of the vehicles etc. So it might not even be a fair comparison from that standpoint, unless all the vehicles are close enough to be cross-shopped. Finally, look at the cars - and the stock prices - they’re all old. Its likely the technology on all the cars has likely changed since this video was taken. This all aside my main point is that an exercise like this is pointless, especially if the vehicles weren’t shod with the identical tires.

Tim

Ruergard
December 22nd, 2008, 20:29
Old one and have been posted before. ;)