PDA

View Full Version : New Baby, Baby!!! Figuring out original options.

topcat_92
December 21st, 2008, 02:59
My RS6 finally arrived tonight in Seattle as the snow came down. Came from MA. Dirty as hell. Bought on eBay. Black on black. 75K miles. To bad its below freezing and the roads are crap. Even in the short run home, it felt like silk. All I want to do is wash it and drive until dawn.

Cheers to RS6. :rs6kiss:

Quick question on confirming original options, I have read a few of the options on the car in various postings here. How do I confirm if I have some of the:
-sport exhaust (sounds like it)
-warm weather package (what options are in the package)
-cold weather package (what options are in the package)

V8weight
December 21st, 2008, 03:59
congrats! I just took delivery of mine on the 6th, and its been in the service dept. ever since, so I'm no expert, but the warm weather package includes power rear sunshade, manual rear side windo shades, and the solar sunroof. the sound enhancing exhaust will have black tips. I don't know what the cold weather package consists of, rear heated seats?

DHall1
December 21st, 2008, 06:32
Welcome and thanks for the post.

Wow, cross country and you made the leap to buy. Was this the 21k buy it now car?

Exhaust-if the tips are black then you have it. Looks like yours are chrome.

Summer-sun shades on the rear doors and window and solar sun roof.
Wimter-they all have it.

My RS6 finally arrived tonight in Seattle as the snow came down. Came from MA. Dirty as hell. Bought on eBay. Black on black. 75K miles. To bad its below freezing and the roads are crap. Even in the short run home, it felt like silk. All I want to do is wash it and drive until dawn.

Cheers to RS6. :rs6kiss:

Quick question on confirming original options, I have read a few of the options on the car in various postings here. How do I confirm if I have some of the:
-sport exhaust (sounds like it)
-warm weather package (what options are in the package)
-cold weather package (what options are in the package)

kju
December 21st, 2008, 18:51
wow i like your new baby! Actually if there is snow over such a RS6 it just looks so overpowered.

Fart
December 21st, 2008, 21:30
Very nice!! Wash the Best and have a nice driv!!

KfabR8
December 21st, 2008, 22:13
Congrats and "Welcome to the club", if you will. :addict:

Drive it like you stole it and enjoy the Hell out of it. That's what the car's for.:incar:

Throw some Blizzak sneakers on the stock rims and have a blast in the icky, cold white stuff. Get some fair weather rims and put PS2s on them. :thumb:

:bow:The car's a blast no matter what you play with it in.

hahnmgh63
December 22nd, 2008, 02:38
Welcome Topcat, you are in the local area. I live down by Eatonville, just south of Tacoma/Puyallup. There are a few other RS6 guys in the area, we'll all have to get together sometime. I do some of the work on mine myself, I have 52K on it but I don't drive it in the snow, I've got another car (tt Quattro) and an old Ford 4x4 for that. Too many other idiots on the road (of course I'm the one their probably yelling at as I drive fairly fast in the snow and Western Washingtonians don't know how to drive in the snow).

DuckWingDuck
December 22nd, 2008, 06:16
I usually head up to Seattle for THanksgiving and might actually have a business trip planned up that way in early Jan, would love to sync up with y'all when i head up!

hahnmgh63
December 22nd, 2008, 07:07
Sounds good to me, I may or may not have my KW's on by then, depends if I get motivated or not. Just re-installed the MTM TCU chip and it seems to check out Ok with Vagcom but with all of the snow I'll wait to try it later. So, I'm throwing a new set of plugs in the car and air filters for now, and removing the Onstar module since I had the TCU out of the car.

Benman
December 22nd, 2008, 17:55
Welcome to the forum. You look like a kid at Christmas!!! Awesome.:dig: :cheers:

Ben:addict:

topcat_92
December 22nd, 2008, 18:25
Kid on Christmas for sure! :applause: This is the $21.950 B.I.N. on eBay. Bid ended at $21.5.

Good to see there are more RS6 enthusiasts in the NW.

Thanks for the info on options and the tip on the Blizzaks. With all the snow we've had in Seattle, its been parked since I brought it home. +-8" at my place.

Once everything gets back to the normal rain, I'll stretch the RS6 out and start seeing what I want to keep stock and what needs to upgraded.

One of the first upgrades will likely be wheels. I have done some looking around on-line, but the options seem somewhat limited. What wheels have you guys considered/upgraded to?

Let me know.

Topcat out.

hahnmgh63
December 22nd, 2008, 19:26
I have BBS RS-GT's in 19". I have always been a fan of the BBS forged wheels, RS, RS-GT, LM's, RGR's. They are strong, good looking, and light. And who else has the reputation in worldwide motorsports that BBS has.

MalcolmS
December 22nd, 2008, 21:45
Lovin' the the look of the car in the snow Topcat! I got mine in February this year and still waiting to try it out on snow!

Was on holiday in Seattle in July and there was still snow on the top of Hurricane Ridge when we were there! Don't remember seeing too many Audi's around so yours must be quite a rarity.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/surgenor/2374311069/in/set-72157604235538321/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/surgenor/collections/72157606185411008/

ben916
December 22nd, 2008, 22:40
I usually head up to Seattle for THanksgiving and might actually have a business trip planned up that way in early Jan, would love to sync up with y'all when i head up!

I am headed that way on Dec 24th as my wife has NEVER been in snow...
I have family there and was going to wander over to Park Place LTD hoping to show the fine selection of RS6's there....

DuckWingDuck
December 22nd, 2008, 23:32
ben, you gotta buy it and drive it down!!! I will fly up and drive down with you through the snow ;)

hahnmgh63
December 22nd, 2008, 23:50
Park Place usually doesn't do too many Audi's. A lot of Porsches, Aston, Bentley, Lotus, Ferrari, Lambo's etc... Sold my Viper through them, good people to work with, prices are a little high but they only go for select used cars in good condition.

topcat_92
December 23rd, 2008, 15:39
I checked Park Places listings, and they don't show any RS6's. Regardless, still a fun place to check out premium cars.