PDA

View Full Version : Quattro GmbH sales?

tvrfan
December 20th, 2008, 08:25
how big are the sales of the Quattro Gmbh in 2008 or generell compared to BMW M Gmbh or AMG? Are the Sales from the Quattro GmbH (RS models) growing compared to the past?

tvrfan
December 22nd, 2008, 20:34
how big are the sales of the Quattro Gmbh in 2008 or generell compared to BMW M Gmbh or AMG? Are the Sales from the Quattro GmbH (RS models) growing compared to the past?

anyone????

chewym
December 23rd, 2008, 07:06
Obviously much lower. RS cars are exclusive, while BMW and MB probably make as many M and AMG cars as they can sell.

BMW sold 22,340 M cars in 2008 (not including December) they sold 14,092 last year. Obviously the M3 availability plays a role in this.

I don't know about AMG.

Audi sold about 8,000 or so of the RS4 and RS6. Each RS model run is less than 2 years. So I would guess Audi sells less than 5,000 RS cars. And Audi also sells close to around 5,000 R8s. But I don't know if that counts as quattro GmbH.

tvrfan
December 23rd, 2008, 09:56
1::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ok but with a model run less than 2 years. i mean the cars development is very expensive too. is it profitably for the quattro gmbh??? dumb question maybe but if they wouldnt make money with their cars they wouldnt buildt it right?

2:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: but its an increase to previous years right? i mean with the New RS6 and maybe new RS5 (B8 RS4, TT RS ..............) it gives Quattro GmbH maybe a "sales boost" compared to the last year sales? !

what do you think?

chewym
December 23rd, 2008, 10:57
It depends if Audi is willing to sell more than one RS at a time. I see nothing wrong with that concept personally. There is also nothing wrong with having longer lifespans for the RS cars.

I would imagine Audi isn't losing money with RS models. But there must be development costs, the V10 TT is an example of Audi creating an engine (not completely new) for a specific RS.

chewym
February 4th, 2009, 19:21
Updated info.

AMG sold 24,200 AMG vehicles in 2008 (AMG's best year ever)

BMW sold 24,186 M cars last year (second best year for M cars)

The actual press releases say how much of every model was sold.

http://www.autoblog.com/2009/02/04/bmw-m-and-mercedes-amg-each-see-huge-sales-spike-in-2008/