PDA

View Full Version : Just another data point for those that track it - DRC gone

RS6-4dr911
December 19th, 2008, 14:51
Went for a check-up at the local indy shop, at 39k mi all four shocks show definite signs of leakage (were bone dry at the last major service @ 27kmi). Only infrequently hear clunks or feel squirmy ride so no overt signs as some have had. Made a light-hearted attempt to get the after market warranty to pay for it, denied. Also needs new control arms and 2 new CV boots. Valve cover gasket seeping on right side. (All also denied, can't blame a girl for tryin'). PS2's are getting worn in the usual spot, after less than 12k, so about average I guess.

Going for the KW V3's based on reports from here, anyone has any updated advice on settings feel free to respond. So spending $4k next week just to keep the Beast in shape, still love it though. Also adding a K40 Calibre just in case. Even recently drove an M6 and came away liking the Beast more, I don't care what the numbers say.:addict:

DuckWingDuck
December 19th, 2008, 16:22
another girl rs6 owner? Very cool!

Ya, I've got KWs and am very glad that I made the switch. As for settings, my technician just left the stiffness where it is shipped from the factory but he did lower the car a bit, YMMV, esp. since I'm running on low profile and 20" wheels, in the front, I have to tilt my finger in order to fit it in between the wheel well and the tire. On the back, it's about a finger to 1.5 fingers.

And ya, there are very few cars that I would take over the rs6.

DHall1
December 19th, 2008, 16:48
What extended warranty coverage do you have??

Odd that they will not cover the control arms, cv and valve cover.

Hmmmm

Went for a check-up at the local indy shop, at 39k mi all four shocks show definite signs of leakage (were bone dry at the last major service @ 27kmi). Only infrequently hear clunks or feel squirmy ride so no overt signs as some have had. Made a light-hearted attempt to get the after market warranty to pay for it, denied. Also needs new control arms and 2 new CV boots. Valve cover gasket seeping on right side. (All also denied, can't blame a girl for tryin'). PS2's are getting worn in the usual spot, after less than 12k, so about average I guess.

Going for the KW V3's based on reports from here, anyone has any updated advice on settings feel free to respond. So spending $4k next week just to keep the Beast in shape, still love it though. Also adding a K40 Calibre just in case. Even recently drove an M6 and came away liking the Beast more, I don't care what the numbers say.:addict:

Hy Octane
December 19th, 2008, 18:09
Yes. Strange coverage or lack thereof.. What does it cover?

RS6-4dr911
December 19th, 2008, 18:14
Duck, don't get your hopes up and keep your hands to yourself. I'm very much a dude, that was just an expression.

DHall, warranty is from Preferred Warranty, I guess what most would call an inclusionary policy and suspension bushings and valve cover gaskets aren't included. I thought it was a good policy at the time, for $2200 I'm covered up to 100k mi on the odo and 60mos from date of purchase, it's transferable and covers turbos and all internal tranny parts, which I percieved to be the real ball busters in buying this car.

And it's just the CV boot, not the CV itself (which IS covered).

DuckWingDuck
December 19th, 2008, 18:41
ROFLMAO, first time I heard that ;P

Back on topic, I think even my shitty CPO covers that stuff...

KfabR8
December 19th, 2008, 22:35
Also adding a K40 Calibre just in case.EEK!!! :nono:
Go get a Valentine.:heart: and run a Blinder X-Treme laser jammer w/it. I don't believe that there's a better detector on the market than the Valentine.:applause:

My right rear shock's so dead that the car actually makes a clunk sound when someone gets into the passenger side of the car. :w:

The Audi tech (very cool dude :cheers:) that helped me do a few trick things to my R8 freaked out when he got in the RS6 and heard how bad it is. He said that he's replaced quite a few RS6 DRC systems and has also started to see RS4 DRC issues popping up.

I'm finally getting my KW's and HK bars installed on Monday. (I broke down and talked my Audi tech into doing it for me - I still don't have the time and it's driving me insane!) It's about freaking time...

Being that I use my RS6 as the family truckster, I plan on trying to set the ride height about the same as stock - maybe 6mm or so lower, but none less. I don't want to have to mess w/the camber/caster issues that people see when they lower the car anyhow.

:doh: It's sort of a bummer that I'm not getting the suspension on while I have the PS2s on the car. Switched to :applause:Blizzaks a couple weeks ago - great tires, but not PS2s...

Next up will be Revo to the rescue. I'll stick w/the exhaust system that came w/the car - has the OEM optional system and I've heard that it's fairly hard to out perform, especially w/o making the car louder, which is not an option.

DHall1
December 21st, 2008, 06:26
LOL, I was going to get Greg for the finger joke. You beat me to it. I was going to tell him to keep his hands in his pockets. LOL

Warranty coverage is across the boards. I went with the Audi policy that clearly states what is covered and made sure all the trouble spots....turbo, trans, control arms, struts, 02 sensors, egt sensors...ect are covered. Fidelity policy.

Duck, don't get your hopes up and keep your hands to yourself. I'm very much a dude, that was just an expression.

DHall, warranty is from Preferred Warranty, I guess what most would call an inclusionary policy and suspension bushings and valve cover gaskets aren't included. I thought it was a good policy at the time, for $2200 I'm covered up to 100k mi on the odo and 60mos from date of purchase, it's transferable and covers turbos and all internal tranny parts, which I percieved to be the real ball busters in buying this car.

And it's just the CV boot, not the CV itself (which IS covered).