PDA

View Full Version : I sat in my Grey lady this morning, picking up later

btumble
August 1st, 2003, 17:24
First impression - wow.

Even without the sound enhancing exhaust, it has a nice throaty rumble.

back with details when I can tear myself away from the wheel :-)

Benman
August 1st, 2003, 20:48
that might take awhile:cheers:

Ben:addict:

RS6FEVR
August 1st, 2003, 22:40
:cheers: btumble

I can't wait to make this type of post myself! :bang: :bang:

when I can tear myself away from the wheel :-)

As Ben said, my presumption was we'd hear from you sometime next week :D :D :D

Congrats and have fun. How long from MS7 to delivery for you?

:addict: FEVR :addict:

Klint
August 1st, 2003, 22:56
:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

Congrats! Yet another RS6 in a board member's sweaty paws. :bang:

:addict: :trans: :trash: :asian: :incar:

semitame
August 5th, 2003, 03:06
I took delivery of my "BLU-DOG" (with silver interior) on Thursday, and have only put 20 miles on it. It actually showed up early and I couldn't cancel previous plans. Oooo I love this car and can't wait to get out on the road more! Still don't know how to use the radio, nav system, etc.

Joyce:blush:

nene
August 5th, 2003, 17:14
Congratulations to all. Having this car has completely changed my perception of life. It's definitely 25% more enjoyable now.

Joyce I would not worry too much about the radio controls or even the Nav. Radio will take about 2-4 days to get accustomed to, and once you do, it will seem very intuitive.
The Nav is another story. But I believe that practice makes perfect. With that said, you should give it a few trials to get accustomed to it. Put places that you know of, and plan your trip using solely the Nav. Like work to home for example. Or home to the mall, or to the movies, or even a restaurant. If you have the time of course.
Even if you know the route, only go by what the Nav says, this way you can get used to how it works, as well as how it sounds and plans the routes.
Thus, when you need to use it, you will know how to work it, as well as some quirks that you might have not realized otherwise.
I've used it to plan routes to the beach, to the movies, to work, and things of the sort. Each and every route I knew multiple ways to get there. I just wanted to see how the Nav would send me there. Just a suggestion.

RS6FEVR
August 5th, 2003, 17:26
:cheers: Joyce

Congratulations on picking him up (wink, wink, nudge nudge) :D :D :D Sounds stunning and add a photo when you can.

I am very interested in your (and all those who are now driving their baby's) comments on learning the systems and would appreciate your bringing me up to speed on their use. TIA! Thanks also to Nene for your input.

I'm so jealous, anxious, etc. for my missano red to arrive. Want to be throroughly prepared for the experience. Appreciate your time and effort.

:addict: FEVR :addict:

btumble
August 5th, 2003, 17:58
Joyce

congrats on the car. Nice to see another member of the RS6 owners minority club (female). My salesman told me that when he went to the AZ event, he was the only one to raise his hand as having a woman buyer.
The nav system I had on my Allroad and opted not to get again. It is easy to use once you get used to the quirks. I even switched the language to French one day to annoy my husband ;). I didn't like not having a map display, also the "avoid traffic" feature struck me as pretty useless. Nene's suggestion to use it for places you know how to get to is a good one.

can't wait to get more miles on her.....:D

btumble