PDA

View Full Version : Top ten most poluting cars

AndyBG
December 18th, 2008, 00:51
1. Veyron... :D

http://www.leftlanenews.com/new-study-reveals-top-ten-most-polluting-vehicles.html

Der Major
December 18th, 2008, 08:37
Go Veyron :dig:

Mockenrue
December 18th, 2008, 10:04
Lists such as this are rubbish. Real world pollution cannot be measured using merely g/km. How many kilometres does a Veyron or LP640 travel per year? It's been demonstrated that other supposedly 'environmentally friendly' cars pollute more over the course of a year than these so-called 'top ten most polluting vehicles'. These eco-mentalists should stop the supercar bashing! :w:

Ruergard
December 18th, 2008, 22:06
Lists such as this are rubbish. Real world pollution cannot be measured using merely g/km. How many kilometres does a Veyron or LP640 travel per year? It's been demonstrated that other supposedly 'environmentally friendly' cars pollute more over the course of a year than these so-called 'top ten most polluting vehicles'. These eco-mentalists should stop the supercar bashing! :w:

Very true this is. But you can't go away from the fact that this is as worse as it gets.

But, I wouldn't throw away the keys to a Veyron though.. :hahahehe:

Skaala
December 19th, 2008, 10:41
I love how they use this reference:
And just for a frame of reference, Nissan’s outing 350Z puts out just 280g/km while Chevy’s Corvette emits 316g/km

hehe, in europe we might have mentioned that a VW passat blue motion only emits 120g/km or something:lovl:

absent
December 19th, 2008, 13:30
+1.
Totally misleading comparison.
The emissions of a car are just part of the total pollution created ,the production process and materials used should also be considered in all these comparisons.
Wasn't there a British study showing that a Prius was twice as polluting as a Hummer overall when they counted the production of the batteries and shipping of all the necessary components?

Z07
December 19th, 2008, 18:07
I surprised the Ford GT doesn't feature there, or the GT500.

kju
December 20th, 2008, 14:07
actually the CO2 discussions are ridiculous. This clima crazy professors obvious dont know that all the GREEN LIFE on our Planet needs CO2 to life. FLowers and cellular bacteries NEED CO2 like the homo spaiens needs Oxygen.
Instead of putting catalysators in my car and creating idiotic non-effective enviroment-zones in germany they should use the money for food for animals -.-