PDA

View Full Version : ok... pulling transmission... upgrades?

peiserg
December 17th, 2008, 00:59
since my torque converter went ("what the hell!!" thread), looks like I'm in for a lot of labor. What else can I upgrade while that's being done? I have already done the Downpipes. It's going into the dealer in a few days for the work.

snoopra
December 17th, 2008, 01:44
WHENEVER I finally get my trans removed, it's going to Jersey's IPT for a complete build. Custom high stall TC, upgraded valve body, high temp clutches, the works. Depending on your milege, I would suggest having the time belt and accessories replaced while the motor's out. I would wrap the DP's and exhaust along the trans to reduce radiant heat.

DHall1
December 17th, 2008, 01:56
Is this job on the extended warranty dime?

If so, I doubt they will allow any trans upgrades while out. Plus, the dealer does not want the car to take up one of the lifts while the trans is packed up and sent out to L10 or IPT.

All that said, pay the money for new O2 sensors and EGT sensors.

since my torque converter went ("what the hell!!" thread), looks like I'm in for a lot of labor. What else can I upgrade while that's being done? I have already done the Downpipes. It's going into the dealer in a few days for the work.