PDA

View Full Version : Houston says it's loaded; N. Cal. Bound

jimmy94507
August 1st, 2003, 07:28
Got the call I've been waiting for. Favorite Audi salesman, Ernst called this afternoon saying the trucking dispatcher said my car is being loaded and will leave Houston today along with an A8L for them and several other cars for this area. Talked with the Audi Regional Rep. this evening and confirmed my RS6 and one for Livermore, CA. are headed this way!! Assuming all goes well, the car should be here Monday.

For others waiting delivery: The word I'm getting is AoA is very aware of the trucking difficulties. They are applying pressure. The trucking firm, Waggoners Trucking, just doesn't have enough covered carriers to handle the demand. All A8L's, RS6's, and Touregs(?) are creating more demand than they can handle out of Houston.

As is cutomary, I'll post pictures.

Regards, Jim
P.S. JC, I'm impressed with your generosity! And, your friends wrote up an excellent description of their test drive observation on the AW A6 Forum. For those who haven't seen it, I encourage you to read the thread:
RS6 Driving Impressions, posted on 07/30/2003 by JamesCorell.

Benman
August 1st, 2003, 15:41
thanks for the update jim:cheers:

that's good news for me.:D

Ben:addict:

jconley
August 1st, 2003, 16:10
P.S. JC, I'm impressed with your generosity! And, your friends wrote up an excellent description of their test drive observation on the AW A6 Forum. For those who haven't seen it, I encourage you to read the thread:

It is a nice writeup- They are good friends of mine, and James is one of the best drivers I have ever met- It was fun to see what he could do with the car :)

J

RS6FEVR
August 1st, 2003, 16:30
:0: Jim Congrats on the news

Sigh, Sigh, Sigh, maybe someday it will happen for me too???? :vsad: :vsad: :vsad:

Thanks alot for the update and look forward to "the meeting"!!!

:addict: FEVR :addict:

Ernesto (ERT)
August 4th, 2003, 22:40
Jim- Glad to hear the good news about your RS6. Tell Ernst I said hello, and when you want trade a free lunch/beer for a ride around the Livermore hills shoot me an email. Post pics when you have a chance.

Cheers-
Ernesto

krm
August 5th, 2003, 02:30
Originally posted by jimmy94507
And, your friends wrote up an excellent description of their test drive observation on the AW A6 Forum. For those who haven't seen it, I encourage you to read the thread:

In case anyone is having trouble looking for that thread, here is the link:
http://forums.audiworld.com/a6/msgs/280461.phtml

The AW format was not very user friendly, thus took some time to scroll through the pages to locate that thread.

jimmy94507
August 5th, 2003, 04:08
Be cautious of what you believe coming out of Houston misleading the dealer! Expected mine to arrive at the dealer today since we were advised the cars had been loaded and departed Houston on Thursday. They were a no show this morning. After 2 separate calls by two separate salesman, the trucking dispatcher said, "Oh, the driver had a death in the family and couldn't make the trip, so we offloaded the truck. We've loaded the truck this morning and should arrive on Wednesday or Thursday, for sure. My salesman said this reminded him of the excuses he got for the delivery of their 1st RS6. After the 3rd time they were advised the car was on the truck, it actually did show up 4 days later???

We'll see what the trucking company dispatcher has to say Wednesday morning on the progress their truck has made?? Reminds me of JC's car being on a truck for well over a week to make a 2 day trip to FL!

REgards, Jim

Ernesto (ERT)
August 5th, 2003, 05:46
Keep us posted- at this rate I might run into you next Tuesday morning when I take my '00 2.7T for it's 72K mile oil service. ;-) I'll bring the camera.....

Bauer
August 6th, 2003, 06:59
Jimmy,

Sorry to hear about the delay in getting your car. Close yet can seem so far when dealing with AoA. I will keep my fingers crossed for you. Let us know when you have it in your hands:incar:

Bauer

01 S8
92 S4
03 RS6 ordered